Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Magnus' Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I wouldn't say that there's much to say about me; I tend to be the act first, think second type of person. I may spout jokes that some might find offensive,
while others are laughing away. That said, I don't talk a lot, unless I feel like I have a reason to participate in the conversation. I'll try and be helpful
to anyone that might need advice, and I also accept criticism, as long as I see it doesn't offend me as a person, and even then, I will probably shrug it off.
While I do accept all criticism, I tend to criticize others, and be truthful almost to the point where the other person would find it offensive. I don't, or
try not to force my view regarding things to anyone that's not interested, or if they have a different opinion, because opinions are debatable. I see myself
as self-critic, that's why it took me a pretty long time to even start writing on this introduction.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'd rather not specify the country I come from, for personal reasons, and if that's a reason for a deny, I'm perfectly fine with that.
My English is, I'd say, above average, from what I type, I make close to zero spelling mistakes. The only thing that I'd say I have a bit of a problem with,
is the punctuation and a bit of wording (nothing major, only stuff like putting the words in the correct tense). I said nothing major, because it may happen
once in a 500-700 paragraph.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I can't really remember the year, but my first game of the Warcraft series was Tides of Darkness. While I didn't really understand much of the lore, I really
liked the art, and the game mechanics. But I became really hooked on it when Warcraft 3 was released. The story had me going, I'd play it for days on end.
The custom maps were the most fun part after the story. I remember when DotA was not as popular as it is now, and FF or Tree Tag was the map that everyone
played. After that, I hopped onto TFT as soon as it launched, and played that for several years. I didn't play WoW from the start, as I was too busy with
Warcraft III still. I really started playing WoW when TBC came out, attended some raids and quit eventually. While I say WoW was enjoyable, I think Blizzard
took a wrong turn with the lore. But that's just my opinion.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
The only answer that will be short. Google. I was searching for a RP server, and yours seemed to be the most dedicated, with an active playerbase. While not
necessarily huge, but steady, I thought to myself that it would be a good server to join. The only thing I hope for, is that the moderators are fair, at least
for the most part, and that they don't favour one person over the other.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I generally tend to enjoy group roleplay more. Tavern roleplay is not the thing for me, as you have little room to actually play out your character.
While in groups, it may sometimes get more disorganized, it tends to be more rewarding and fun as well, since there are so many different characters packed
together. Some might not agree with others, and as such, even a fight might occur. Some may even have hidden motives and some are just there to steal the
treasure you worked so hard for right under your nose. In general, group roleplay is more fitting than any other roleplay for me. While I can't say I don't
enjoy the other roleplay, I just feel like group roleplay is better.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
The race; human. In general it helps me connect, and feel the character I'm playing as. I tend to roleplay humans exclusively, not because they're easy or
anything, but because I have a hard time relating and living into other races. As for the class, I'm really open-minded. I have no preference, but I tend to
go for the magical characters more than for the brutes. Magic was always appealing to me, especially some of the darker type, such as eldritch evocations,
necromancy and summoning.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well, as stated previously, I hope the moderators are fair to everyone, and treat everyone equally. That's my only real concern. Of course I expect good
roleplay from this server as well, and judging from some of the topics I've looked through, I think that my expectations will be met.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
To be honest, I haven't really read those thoroughly, but after a quick glance, I'd say humility. While it may sound easy to do for some people, but some just
can't accept defeat, or that someone else "outshines" them, they have to be the center of attention everywhere they go. While I understand that this is normal
with characters with a higher reputation or power, but they too must take a step back, if it's within their character, when someone else of higher reputation
appears. I don't know if this falls into the humility category, but there are also those who just can't accept a death of their character, and will keep on
walking even if they are fully dismembered; see: The Black Knight

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'd rather post this later, when I actually do some roleplaying on this server, as I find a good story is not written, it writes itself.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I would actually like to know what sources you use for the class lore, as wowwiki seems a bit lackluster for lore, especially on the limitations of the several
classes. Would it be okay if I used some sources from the DnD universe as well or am I limited to the WoW lore?
I'd also like to ask if there are only 3 generations of Death Knights, and if any further could be raised?
I look forward to roleplaying on this server, if I'm accepted.
Hello CaiusMagnus! I'm Loxmardin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

There's nothing wrong about not wanting to give up personal information, so not giving up which country you hail from is completely fine. I can see you've got a very good grasp of English as well, so it wouldn't likely come up anyway! *thumps up*

And yes, I did notice you took your time with your introduction. I saw you online a number of times but never saw an introduction drop in from you. Finally!

As for what you say about criticizing. Do be a bit careful when giving criticism and remember to be smooth and respectful and all that.

... I would also advice that you take time to read through the rules and policies thoroughly once this is done. It can't hurt to be on the safe side and knowing what you agree to abide by upon joining, yush! Just follow the link in the coming "standard introduction template".

As for your questions...!
  • 1) Lore: We use some of WoWwiki. There's some information on there, though, that we're a bit sceptical to since the Wiki mixes game lore up with the RPG books. The RPG books aren't completely valid sources of lore in and of themselves, though if you can find ways to justify what you want by incorporating it through existing WoW lore, that'll work. DnD won't work as a source for lore, though. For inspiration, sure. But otherwise, it's WoW lore that's the go-go.

2) Death Knights: Yes, only 3rd Generation. 2nd Generation are simply too powerful (and not very player-friendly in a social environment; the RP opportunities for them would be sorely limited in either case). What do you mean by "if any further could be raised", though?

If you haven't already, it couldn't hurt to double check the rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness!

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and merry RPing!

Love,
Loxmardin
Welcome to the server, pal! I'm Rowgen, and I have no particular importance! However, do feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the server from an unbiased person, rather than a GM (Just kidding, the GMs are awesome). :D
(04-25-2012, 05:18 AM)Rowgen Wrote: [ -> ][...] rather than a GM [...]

/shakefist

>:C
Welcome! We have doors! That's right! Real, working, opening and closing doors!
Oh, for the Death Knights, I didn't mean if the older generations would be allowed, I meant, do Death Knight raisings still happen, as in, if a character, who was alive and a different class, would become a Death Knight after talking to the right people, perform the right tasks, etc. Would that be possible?
... What Sersay said!

And, I'm not 100% sure. But I do believe our policy on Death Knights would be that you were raised prior to the Battle of Light's Hope Chapel (Scourge controlled and all that) and broke free along with the rest of the Acherus Death Knights.

Don't quote me on that, though. I'm not sure.
I believe what Loxy said is right. :)
Alright, I was just curious, because I'd like to make the transition from a let's say Mage to a Death Knight, because I can't create a Death Knight from scratch.
And do I need to post a character profile yet, or is it not necessary?
Afraid you'll have to wait a tad until you're a grunt to have a Death Knight. It's not complete, but I do have a guide on what you need to know about Death knights! If you got any questions on them, go ahead and ask me since they're my favorite class ever!
Shameless plug there Sachi
Well, I was planning on leveling to ~50, posting a character profile, level that character a bit more, then make a "transformation" to a Death Knight. But I guess that wouldn't be possible, so I don't have a problem leveling.