Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Rough Timeline for Enslaved (Spoilers)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wanted to plan a rough timeline of the event so that others can give their thoughts, and perhaps if some things may go too far or be too complex. I know there probably aren't motives to do some of this but it may end up making it quite intriguing for the characters. This would mostly involve some psychological experiments and torment around every corner.

Anyways, here is the rough event line so far. For those who don't want spoilers, you can just give some suggestions of what could be done. Also any discussion about specific elements of the event, I would like to ask that to be placed under a spoiler too.

Spoiler:
May 15: Introduction

This would be a very simple event. The prisoners wake up to find themselves chained person to person. They are marched to their cell, where they become accustomed with their surroundings. While they are no longer chained together once inside, they do have a pair of shackles at their feet and a weighted chain. They also realize there is no magic available to them.

The guards meet and they work out a deal with the leader. They are each given free access to the cell, but are told if they kill or cripple anyone then they will leave this place in chains.

May 16: Testing

Kazulak decides he wants to sort the slaves so that he knows their ability for the auctions. Small tournaments will be run throughout the day to sort out any of the gladiators. Those deemed worthy as gladiators are immediately branded or marked as one with a symbol. Alternatively they can be tagged on their collar or with a bracelet if someone does not want a brand.

Those who are not deemed worthy of being a gladiator are tested further. They are knocked out and wake up in a different part of the facility without their collars. Certain extreme elements may be put in place to coax out any spells or other abilities to defend themselves. This would probably be done in very small groups and with enough guards so that they can't be overpowered. Once more, casters are marked.

Those who fail both tests are marked as simple laborers for the market.

This event would be run on and off throughout the day so most everyone could have a chance to be tested despite their timezone. OOCly people are allowed to opt out and we can find a reason not to do this.

May 20: The Auction

The end of the event would be each slave, ready and prepped, being taken to the market of Gadgetzan for an auction. Any player will be allowed to buy a slave. IC currency is preferred, but if it hinders certain people like peons from buying a compromise can be found OOCly.

During the auction it'll be OOCly specified whether the person wants to stay enslaved or be set free by their new owners. Please keep this in mind, as in the past there have been problems with slaves being freed after purchase, thus making the prior rp a little pointless and forcing them to find another way to justify being in the same situation. Also, if a player wants to be matched with another player specifically, then we can set up a backroom deal.

Unscheduled events without a date:

False Breakout

This will perhaps be the most complex of the events and I imagine it could fill an entire day if done properly.

The slaves somehow manage to find a way out of the cell that they could not before and end up in one of the halls. Strangely enough there are no guards around, but only a single torch that is almost done burning. The rest of the halls are dark and their vision is limited.

Certain doors are locked which forces them to wander towards certain corridors and the light starts to get dimmer and dimmer. It's not too soon before everyone's left nearly in the dark.

One by one players are picked off inexplicably under the cover of darkness. ICly it would probably have been them knocked out and dragged away with a sort of sedative dart. The players who disappear are taken to other corridors, where their screams and cries for help can be heard. The players left could either try to guide themselves to the noise to save their friends, or stray from it knowing that they would likely get caught and enslaved again. This means that there are two different paths to take, and maybe players get a different outcome whether they go with group one, or group two.

The event of course ends with them back in their cells, and perhaps divided knowing who had attempted to rescue them and who did not. I do believe this event would be the most complex, and perhaps power/meta gamey, but I want to sort of build an interesting experience from it.

Miscellaneous ideas

Coming soon
Torture events? Torture ideas
Spoiler:
One idea popped into mind regarding prisoner torture.. Uhm, I will expand this later on cos right now I am tired and want to go to sleep.

So.. torture? Theres many ways to do it. Most effective being; Break or die. Quite shortly put, torture so effective that the prisoner begs for mercy or dies. Let me dwell deeper:

If the torture has a goal; ie, lower motivation of prisoner, get information, punish and so on. How can it be achieved IC? Some chars are heroic, seen many battles. They withstand awesome amounts of punishment. World of Azeroth has a wide range of people.. And of course then there are cases where some players simply refuse to allow their characters to break. I recall from previous events characters saying something along the lines 'I would rather die than beg for food' or 'I would rather die than admit defeat'. Now, nobody can judge, characters are what they are.. its all fine and dandy until someone looses a head..

This does bring up a question: How can they be broken? Well, I guess what I am trying to say is:

1. Character Death warning is given at the beginning of the event. The warning is given, clean and simple but Wuvvums rules apply. This should mean, that no player dies unless something -Really- bizarre happens. Why? Cos Wuvvums rules apply. (only real reason I am suggesting is; not only do we put the fear of god to characters but players should be aware of it too.

2. In these torture situations then we repeat in case someone missed it the first time or forgot. -A clear character death warning!- And from there on, the torture begins and it is the players decision wheter their char lives or dies. It seems unfair, it almost sounds like blackamil, forcing characters to submit. But hey, lets face it; It's torture.

That is all for me. I am dead tired, I will go to sleep now. Feel free to shoot me down, this is just my two cents regarding on what I have seen in previous events. If I corss the line; say so and I will delete this post.

Good night.

I don't feel torturing slaves would be a good idea. Brings down the value of them.
Depends on the kind of torture and it also depends on what the buyer wants out of the slave. I defined devaluing as anything that can lower their ability, such as being crippled, or blinded or maimed.
Torturing slaves would be counter-intuitive. While they need to lack the will or desire to escape, they also have to have the will to live, and outright torturing them would probably cause them to give up hope and effectively become worthless.

Pretty much what Rensin said. But I would also assume that every character has a -fear- that can be exploited to break them. A character who fears pain could, for example, be controlled by the simple threat of torture and Ljuvia, my character, would respond to a threat to somebody she cares about or an innocent. If I were in charge of this, I'd have a fairly good time analyzing the prisoners and trying to figure out their weakness. However, 'tis your event and thus your show. I felt this was a fairly good suggestion, though.
I didn't think we'd be aiming to break every fiber of the character's being in RP but I guess some people do go off the deep end with torture. Still, it won't be the main aim, and I'll let it happen at the discretion of both parties involved.

I do still want to try the events based around fear and uncertainty, though.
Like I was saying, enough to keep them in line. This is a slavery event, not outright torture. They may sometimes be integrated, but that's not the sole purpose that should be there for the slaves, in my opinion at least.
I'll keep it in mind and let the torture part be more hands off, that is let happen between the players upon OOC request and consent.

The main events under the spoilers though I'd like to keep. It's not so much a torture 'til you're in incredible pain event so much as "OMG this is really scary!"
Sounds good then, I'd hate for it to be a torture event, hehe.
I'd say extend the testing to two days, unless the days before the auction are all potential testing days?
That being said, testing seems to have its merits, but what do you think of the pseudo-escape? I'm hesitant of its complexity but I think if I had some help it could be pulled off, and it's not over-the-top, just a sort of mind game. In fact I'd prefer more mind-games over straight up torture. o:
I got the feeling that my mind is going to get violated.
(04-25-2012, 04:06 PM)Wuvvums Wrote: [ -> ]That being said, testing seems to have its merits, but what do you think of the pseudo-escape? I'm hesitant of its complexity but I think if I had some help it could be pulled off, and it's not over-the-top, just a sort of mind game. In fact I'd prefer more mind-games over straight up torture. o:

Since I'm going to be there anyway, if you need any help on that front... Well, I could do my best. o.o' /sloppysalute
I agree with you all. Especially now thaty I have a fresh pair of eyes rather than being dead tired. And to elaborate a bit more;
I didnt mean at any point that we maim or disfigure the prisoners. I should have written this yesterday but alas, I was unable to think straight. Here goes;

Spoiler:
Of course I didnt mean that we maim anyone who so much as looks at the guards wrong or that we pick people at random and make them suffer.. That would be unprogressive and not fun for anyone. Not to mention it would be stupid. What I forgot to mention earlier is, I was mainly talking about punishment and methods or getting the punishment to work.

More so on the matter; the type of torture I was mainly speaking of is prolonged discomfort. Not severe pain with branding irons or shaving someones scalp off. And prolonged discomfort speaks most importantly on mental level.. Most of you know, I am a horrible writer and I have a hard time getting my message through written words and for that I apologise. But here goes, an example situation.

The prisoners are getting out of hand, they are getting cocky and riot looms in the air. Measures to prevent that are being made; One prisoner is hung from his wrists into the ceiling and a small wooden stick, barely able to support the persons weight is placed underneath his feet, so that the soles of his feet are barely touching the wooden stick. And this is done within the prison, so everyone has to witness it. A traditional medieval torture. Now, this torture speaks volumes on the mental level. Sure, any person can withstand an superb amount of discomfort with the right motivation. But not knowing when it ends and realizing the facts along with the pain are the two major things to break down motivation. And it is obvious that if it is done amongs all the other prisoners, they are forbidden to help. If they do, they will meet a similiar or worse fate.

And as a sidenote, this sort of torture is excellent for weeding out the strong from the weak... The strong ones accept the danger and help the poor person hanging from the ceiling, thus they show courage and stupidity for they know they are in for pain. Better yet, they know they are in for worse pain.

Again, I am forgetting more things that I am able to write but I hope my message comes out clear; I am not looking to abuse the guard position. This should be foremost fun for everyone.

PS: having read my own post again, one thing I want to bring forth. This whole death warning thing is a step too far, I agree. But what if this sort of psychological torture takes place and all the characters are simply so awesome that they do not break? What then?

EDIT. Typo fixing
Pages: 1 2