Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: IR's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
As a player, I am prideful in what I can do, and I strive to do better. While this may seem as though, I would be unwilling to take criticism from others, I really appreciate it when others help me correct my errors. I am not afraid to call someone out when they have done wrong, even in the defense of others. I prefer to work in groups. As a role-player, I tend to immerse myself in the lore of the world, my character's background, and do whatever feels right in accordance with my character.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from Canada. Though it is not my first language, English is my most proficient language. I feel very confidant in my capabilities with the language (except for semicolons). Though sometimes if I grow negligent, I'll neglect to use proper punctuation (in the form of apostrophes). I'll try to overcome this form of sloth though.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started playing Warcraft 2: Tides of Blood when I was a wee lad, in 1998 to 2000. I didn't really understand how to play, but I really enjoyed the storyline, the world, the characters. I wanted to learn more about it. As I was only a child at the time, I still had growing to do. A few years later Warcraft 3 had come out, and with my new-found consciousness, I absorbed everything it had to offer. However, it was not enough, so yearning for more, I had to bid my time. Rinse and Repeat with The Frozen Throne, and World of Warcraft (though WoW did seem to ruin it a bit). I also read through quite a bit of WoWWiki for an expanded look on the lore.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
It was really a desperate gambit. I was previously playing on the private server Molten-WoW. I noticed that I still tended to roleplay, despite others around me not being inclined to do the same. I felt I couldn't do this anymore, and asked around if anyone knew of any good RP servers. Nothing substantial really came up, except for this one individual telling me that that sort of thing was dead. Fearing the worst, I searched google, daring the world to confirm my fears. Instead I found this server. I found a server, that appears dedicated to roleplaying, that has an expansive lore on top of it's own lore base (Warcraft). What really entrapped my soul here, was the promises of coherent text from my fellow role-players, a lack of rampant eroticism, and most of all, power levels. Thank you whoever, decided that Mary Sues, are to be not. Thank you, even if I do not get to join your ranks. Thank you for this boon.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love to roleplay in groups with other people, whether in a war-based RP, or simply among a gang of bandits and thieves. I feel that groups of people are constantly rubbing against each other, in the sense that they are all doing things that may aid each other, or annoy each other. This sets the field for greater roleplays, involving romanticism perhaps, or conflict in the future.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is that of the Blood Elf. I believe that the sundering of their connection to the sunwell only strengthened them as a people. No longer feeding off of the Well of Eternity imitation, they are now able to spread their wings and seek ways to sate their hunger. My favorite class is of the Paladin. Strong individuals who carry the light within them, to purge the unclean and undead. To me they are true knights of chivalry, though often without the rampant lust that precedes such a title.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect people to roleplay serious, and where ever I may find a player, that they are someone that you can roleplay with. That is not to say that I won't expect to find myself at the hands and blades of several hostile entities.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
As stated previously, I love the fact that you are toning down the level of intimate roleplaying, that you are enforcing some form of an expectation regarding proper English, and that I absolutely adore the fact that there is the idea of humility across the board. Mary Sues not withstanding.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
When it had manifested itself, I knew it immediately, but I knew not what it was. I had suddenly been filled with an obscene amount of energy. I rose to my feet to take a walk, to rejoice in the fact that my experiments had worked. That is when it overwhelmed me. I rose only to fall again. White hot fires raced through my body, burning me from the inside out. I was in enough pain to desire death, yet not enough to put me through to the other side. I thought to myself that this is something I had to endure, for my sins of trying to play God, yet even so, I wished only for it to end, so that I might drink the sweet ichor of death.

When I came to, I found myself not in my humble abode, but in an unknown environment of paved streets and lush meadows. Steel pillars holding balls of energy, illuminating my surroundings, and white obelisks with glass eyes. Some bright, yet others dark. I thought that I had disappeared into another world, and perhaps it might very well be a different world from mine, it was much the same. (and... writer's block...)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I feel that I am an inexperienced roleplayer, despite my experience... (that sounds odd). I started to freeform RP at the age of 4-5. I stopped freeform RP at the age of 8, and tried my hand at a few forum PbP roleplays, but those didn't go too well. The next time I roleplayed was in Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. Utilizing the maps, DoBRP, HRP, SotDRP and various others, I explored the concept of roleplaying and was fascinated even more so. In 2007-2008, I began to play on a private server called Dominion WoW. It was here where I first really started to roleplay on WoW. I fell in love with this medium, and stayed for a few years, until it's eventual death and decay. I've since taken a break from WoW, and from roleplay (though I have been immersing myself in stories of sessions conducted in the Dungeons and Dragons world, the Warhammer 40K universe, and few other D20 settings. Warcraft lore is still one of my favorite pieces of lore, as it is one that I've invested most of my time with. I keep coming back for more, even to this day.

I would like to ask one thing, what is your policy regarding Character Death. I have played in a guild once on WoW where whenever a character died, the character could no longer be played. Does the standard “spirit healer, or walk to the corpse mojo” work? Does a character need to be resurrected by a warlock, priest, paladin, or druid, (and shaman?) within a certain time to be able to live again?

Please enlighten me.

As always,

Thank you for your time and consideration, I hope that you judge in my favor, that I can contribute to your community as I would hope to do so. Even if I am to be denied your company, thank you at least, for building such a fine community for others of my kind.

-IntensityRising
G'day! I'm Sachiko and I'm here to tell you that you have been approved! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

I'd suggest looking over our fun rules and policies, read our fun Wiki, and check out our FAQs if you have any questions! And if there's something you can't quite figure out, feel free to ask me anything!

Another one who favors the great Blood Elf. You've got a friend in me there.
I think you'll fit in quite well here. Take some time to get to know people and get a feel with how we do things here. While I note that you might not be the best fan of criticism, just keep in mind our number one rule. Respect!