Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Enslaved: Official Thread and Signup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Enslaved

Murder Row. Cutthroat Alley. The Forlorn Cavern. Gadgetzan. Ratchet. Booty Bay. Many of these places drew the seediest types, and it was there that the recruitment began. The crime underworld and cartel lands were fluttering with rumors of an operation, led only by one figure known as the Boss Mon. He sent no men and no posters. Only the word of mouth lead them to his lair, where he proposed the plan: a massive enslavement operation.

It was only a matter of time; soon everything would fall in place. How he would manage to pull this off was anyone's question, but he certainly had the plan, and was going to follow through. The Boss Mon would have his way...

About

Enslaved is a multi-day event centering around a slave heist that will involve multiple slavers and victims/slaves. It is loosely inspired by the famous Kidnapped events, though as you can imagine the outcome and the outcome will be quite different. In short; there is no escape. Those who come in in chains will also come out in chains. There is no freedom, no way out except maybe by the whims of your future master.

There are two sides; the slavers and the enslaved. Each have their own set of rules and expectations OOC and IC. Before signing up for this event it would be wise to read your role, to know what risks face your characters and what to expect later on.

General Information

Spoiler:
Date and Time:
  • Introduction: beginning to Enslaved will start May 10th at 1:00 PM Server Time.
  • The Auction: ending to Enslaved will be on May 15th, at 3:00 PM Server Time.
    ((OOC Note: Mother's day in the U.S. is on May 13th, it is likely I will take part of that day off, but activity will be planned for the other days))
Channels: There will be three chat channels for use during this event. These channels are:
  • EnslavedOOC: Meant for everyone participating in the event, and possible environmental emotes.
  • SlaverOOC: Meant for use of slaver participants.
  • SlaveOOC: Meant for use of slave participants.

OOC Rules
General Rules: The Server Rules apply for this event. For general purposes, the chat channels in the general information section will count as public channels. This means that all the chat channel rules apply. By extension, if there is an entire raid in use for those attending the event, chat channel rules apply as well. Reminders and warnings will be given for things such as swearing or offensive language in raid or OOC chat.

Character Warnings: The normal rules for character warnings apply in this event. There will not be any “implied” or “situational” character warnings to reduce confusion. Those who dispense character warnings have the duty to make sure the other party understands the character warning is in effect. This means you either must give the character warning in a visible channel like the raid or party chat that they are in, or directly whisper.

The other party must explicitly consent to the character warning. If you refuse a character warning, then please desist in whatever warranted that warning, such as antagonizing someone ICly or trying to fight and threatening others. There are no warnings given “just because.”

These rules may seem rigid but there is a chance that lines of OOC and IC chat can get drowned out or missed. This will help reduce the confusion for other players.

The Auction: Please plan and discuss who you'd like to have buy you before the auction starts in case there's a specific person you want to be with. Backdoor arrangements can be made. By extension if you are one of the auction attendees please discuss with anyone your intent so no one has to feel uncomfortable being bought for certain purposes. Please announce too if you are planning to set free your slave after buying, because some people may not want to be simply set free after going through all that.

Roles

There are only two roles for the event. These are the guards and the slaves. Each has their own requirements, and as such, must be fulfilled in order to join the event.

Slavers
Requirements for this role:
  • Neutral or evil alignment. No “good” characters may join.
  • Those joining with a draenei, tauren, or night elf will need to PM and OOC explanation to me. These races are not barred entirely but will need some IC justification.
  • Your character must morally fine, ambivalent, or indifferent about slavery. You either came here because of the chance to enslave others, or the money. No one is being blackmailed or forced into this position. No one is here to try and hunt someone else for being a “bad guy.” This is strictly business.
Synopsis for this role:
You were either personally invited by letter to come to this event, or caught wind of the rumors and sought out to make a deal with the Boss Mon. The Boss Mon was keen on only invited those who were invested in it, and did his best to weed out those who were there to sabotage his plans, or just were not fit for the position. Someone else may have recommended you to him for such a position as well. You are not sure how much you will be paid, but you heard that you will be promised a share of the fortune when things were done.

Important note: Those who are set on sabotaging or undermining the operations, maim or kill the slaves, or act entirely out of line are liable to become one of the slaves themselves.

Slaves
Requirements for this role:
  • Must OOCly be fine with being sold at a slave auction by the end of the event. There is no definitive escape.
  • Druids who could not be forced to leave their animal form would not be suitable for a slave in this event. This rules out the Savagekin class.
  • Casting classes will not be able to use their magic or be able to change form in any way.
Synopsis for this role:
The ways you could have ended up here are endless. Whether it was by kidnapping, ambush, bad debts, a contract, you were already someone's slave, or just plain bad luck you could have ended up here. By extension you could have been one of those who came to the Boss Mon but rejected his proposition and taken to reduce the liability of someone interfering with his plans. Either way you are here now in chains and an anti-magic collar. You can't cast, and you're weighted down by a ball and chain. The chances of getting out are slim...

Current Signups

Spoiler:
Leader
Kazulak (Wuvvums)

Guards

Slaves

Other
Original Enslaved Planning Thread
A rough timeline for Enslaved (contains spoilers)

Slave classification guide:
Spoiler:
Slaves initially have a roman numeral drawn on their foreheads in a type of permanent black marker made by goblins. While this can be rubbed off, the slaves are informed that if they can't keep their marks intact, then they will have it branded into them permanently. This is mostly to make branding optional rather than mandatory.

In the sorting phase the slaves are put through trials that define their ability. These trials are usually basic. The sorting is done by a colored bracelet. These bracelets are made of metal, and can not be removed through mundane methods like trying to beat them with a blunt object. They are rather thin too, so it would risk hurting their wrist.

Red bracelets define slaves who are worthy of fighting as gladiators.
Blue bracelets define slaves who are able to heal wounds.
Yellow bracelets define slaves who are able to cast magic in general.
Black bracelets define slaves who are "do-nothings" and considered for labor.
A slave can wear multiple bracelets if they demonstrate more than one proficiency.
A slave can try to "prove" their proficiency if they want to opt out of the "trials" but must be willing to back up their proof with evidence.

IC slave inventory:
Spoiler:
I approve this event. Though you misspelled Aendron's last name! There's an "L" at the end of it. "Eranu'endal".

And I am quite excited :D Loxxy's Kidnapped was great, so this has to be all sorts of fun!
I'm sure I copied and pasted it. Oh well, corrected that and a typo in the title.
Plleaaase change my Noria Duskbinder(Slave) to Mava Shadowbreeze(Slave). :)
Done C:
Hrm, the auction seems rather early in the day. I'll try and make the event. But i'm not sure because I know I have to take my mother to have an x-ray done that day. *Crossing her fingers*
Oh, those days are bad for me, as they fall into the weeks of graduation. I'm afraid I cannot participate in them.

Sigh.
The auction is actually 6 PM for me in my time and I don't want it to be super late for those who are around Europe and such, so I'm sorry if it seems early. With so many members around the world, it's really hard to resolve a server time for an event that's good for anyone without maybe running multiple auctions throughout the day.
I will be attending the start for sure(unless my internet craps out again)
During the weekend, I will be away Saturday 12th. On sunday not sure but will most likely attend.
And as for the two remaining days, I should be actively online :3

Looking forward to this.
Bumping cause it's starting real soon! C:
Gona have to take out Tazmin it seems, as I will indeed be out for the day this starts. Sorry! :o
It's alright. You don't need to attend the beginning events to be part of it O:
...*cough*

Sign one Annabelle GreeneBronco up, if you would, for now. As a slave. I can't guarantee what my time will be like in the coming days, trying to sign up for some volunteer work.

But, we'll see/I'll try to show up.
Daichi needs ta pop in. *Nod nod*
Guessing Daichi will be a slave.
Pages: 1 2 3 4