Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Danwise's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I have always been into role playing. When I was young I could play outside by myself for hours on end dreaming up scenarios and acting them out. Anything from being a soldier during WWII, to a simple bartender. That's mostly what drew me to RPG games in the first place. To create a whole new persona and assume the role of that persona is some of the most fun I could ever have. It wasn't until much later that I realized there were other people around that also enjoyed these things, when I got into pen and paper games like D&D and even a little LARP for a while.

While I'm out RPing I usually tend to try to assume the role of a leader-type character. Very charismatic and such, someone you'd want to listen to and follow just because. This is probably because I've been a bit of a follower in real life, usually staying quiet and letting someone else take responsibility.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

My home country is the United States of America, and I'm not entirely proud of that. My primary language is of course English and I do my best not to butcher it if I can help it.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I got into Warcraft back in '94 when Orcs & Humans came out. I was raised a gamer, and prior to that I was strung out on Doom.

Moving from an FPS to a RTS was a bit of a challenge, but the idea of commanding troops to wage war was too much to pass up. Not to mention the amazing story that came with it. Needless to say, when Tides Of Darkness came out a year later I was all over it like white on rice, and the same for Reign Of Chaos. After playing the series for so many years, the announcement of an MMORPG based on the lore was, at the time, the best and most anticipated thing in my life. I still remember reading the issue of PC gamer magazine that had the tiniest article about it over and over again, wondering why it wasn't on the front page.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

In all honesty I simply googled "World Of Warcraft private RP servers" and this website was the first on the list.

I have however been studying it up and down for the past week, reading and re-reading the rules and regulations, along with the lore, the FAQs. I finally decided it was all to my liking and to go ahead and write this introduction. I think out of everything, it's how serious RP is taken here. I used to play on Blizzard servers, but finding a strong RP community was a chore and I didn't want to pay for something I wasn't enjoying.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all kinds of roleplay, from adventuring to tavern, hunting to battling and everything in between. ERP has no place for me though, I'm fine with romances and weddings and such for purposes of filling out a role but when it comes to the "E" part I think it's just too much.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I'm pretty much Horde biased in general. I've always found the Horde lore to be more interesting. But if I had to narrow it down to race and class it is a tie between orc warriors and troll hunters.

This all started with Tides of Darkness, sending wave after wave of grunts and axethrowers at my enemies. And the personalities of either were amusing in game. Especially the troll axethrowers, "Watchu wamme kill? I got axe fo' you."

I enjoy playing a troll hunter mostly because I like having a pet and I think slender trolls make better hunters than big burly orcs.
Being slick and witty, quiet and fast. Sending a throwing axe into a boars head with out the beast even having the slightest bit of suspicion.

But that's my mysterious stranger kind of side.

I enjoy orc warriors just as much for about similar yet opposite reasons. An orc warrior is simply a force to be reckoned with, there isn't anything I know of that an orc wouldn't attempt to stare down even if the odds were completely against him.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect there to be a polite (unless their characters are rude) active and involved role playing community. No one "tlk lyk dis, 4 reel", I can't stand that. And simply overall, a good time every time.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

All of them. Seriously, after re-reviewing the rules I made my final decision to submit my introduction. They are fair, and for the most part what I think should be common sense in a role playing community.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Raj'Arti quickly kneeled as he threw his right hand up in a fist signaling Aishu, his pet wolf, to stop. "Easy girl" he whispered, as her upper lip started to curl in excitement for the next kill. "You gon' getcha chance mah dear, I promise" As Raj began to ready his bow and draw his arrow, Aishu's breathing grew heavier and heavier. Finally with the arrow fully drawn and the shot lined up, she began her sprint towards the unsuspecting prey. Raj then let the arrow loose beside her and for a moment it was as if they were one and the same. A split second later the arrow struck it's target, a lone stag, square in the lungs. Before the beast could even react to the shot, there was Aishu lunging at it's throat and taking it down with the force of a catapult and the grace of a night elf tavern dancer. Silence. The deed was done. Raj crept up to inspect his kill as Aishu pranced around it's still, warm corpse in a proud manner. "See girl I said ya'd getcha chance, almos' outran mah arrow!" Raj said in a calm, yet pleased tone. He chuckled a little bit as he pulled the arrow from the stags chest, "Who's gotta carry it back to da hut, huh?" Aishu nudged him with her nose, signaling it was his job to carry the fresh kill. "Ha, it's like dat is it? Oh alrighty den, c'mon girl let's head home" Raj strung up the stag and began the journey back to the coast and back home with Aishu dancing around him proudly every step of the way.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

There isn't much else to say at this point, beside the fact that writing this introduction was actually quite fun to do. I really hope it gets approved because I am excited to become a part of this community. It's been some time since I have had the chance to role play and I think this is the perfect place to get back into it.
Danwise, welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

You like Trolls! Gotta love those tall, slender things. I can tell we're going to get along just fine here at CotH. It's always good to see someone who is dedicated to the Warcraft franchise! Once you get through all the games from WC1 all the way to WoW you have a pretty damn good grasp of lore as I have found out, especially if you've played WC3 through and through as it seems to be the most important with this time period.

Anywho, I'd suggest looking at our rules, policies and guides as a way to get the feel of how things roll 'round them here parts.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to PM me or ask anyone else on the server, we're all willing to help!

Have fun!
Okay first off... "AH, AH, AH, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD YES!!!!"

That was my reaction when I looked over and saw Danwise's Introduction as a thread.

Secondly, thank you so very much! I am so excited to be here.

Yes, I love trolls. They're so much fun to role play! And like I said, I got to this point from Orcs & Humans. My knowledge of the lore is extensive as far as the Horde is concerned, but there is always more to go back and study. I was actually in the process of playing through all three games right before I came here. Going back through the story line really made me want to get active in role playing again. That, and my little brother is an active WoW player (I introduced him) but he is all about loot and gear and PvP. Something I could never see a point in. Especially within and mmoRPG. Note, R.P.G.

Anyway, thank you very much again! And I shall see you on the flip side as someone new! ;)
Welcome Danwise!

I used to love trolls too, shaman trolls was my thing a few years back when I played retail. But now I am the Crazy Gnome Guy, in matter of fact today I made a troll, Dazzak I think.. Concidence. We should RP sometime. Anyways warmest welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Best Regards
-Sunthas
Crazy Gnome Guy