Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: War Machine's resubmitted Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I am a semi experienced player who has spent some time on Role Playing servers before; namely, Prologue WoW (about a year ago they were a relatively large and popular RP server, but now, sadly, it's pretty much dead.) as well as various Retail RP servers. I have played characters ranging from Shaman Earth Healer Orcs to adventuring Rogue Pirate Gnomes to travelling salesman Human blacksmiths. I even tried to pull of a Broken Draenei Priest, to no avail. Long story short I've missed the Role Playing Experience and I'm looking to start up again.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I live the United States and I speak English. I am also studying Russian in school and I also understand a bit of Spanish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Years ago... I remember it like yesterday. I actually started with WoW and went back to Warcraft 1, 2 and then 3. I love the lore, and I love the universe in general.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I have been looking for a private Role Playing server for some time now, and I just went and Googled "Private WoW RP Server." And I'm attracted to the server because its RP!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

All kinds. My favorite would probably be running dungeons or exploring in character. Or perhaps learning new things in character (through professions or perhaps even just reading books in game)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite Class/Race would have to be Dwarf Shaman, because the Wildhammers are awesome. But since that's not really feasible I would say either Orc Shaman or Gnome Rogue. That's really a hard choice though, because there is so much lore and so many great opportunities with pretty much every Race/Class combination. But for my official answer I'm going to go with a crafty Gnome Rogue, cunning, intelligent, witty, weathered.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I just want somewhere to go and interact with people in character. I feel like the characters can really take on a life of their own, forming opinions based on various factors and even have a set of morals they live by.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I really love that there is an actual regulation involving staying in-character. The other servers I've played on were very lax as far as IC regulations went.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

He awoke. Staring at the cold, dark ceiling of his quarters, he laid there a moment. And then he heard that familiar sound: quiet first, but then the sound grew. It grew until he could not ignore it any longer. That familiar sound of industry. The sound of the slaves chewing away at the walls of the quarry with their blunted axes. The groaning of the earth itself as its molten ore and stone flowed not far from his doorstep. The heat never bothered him, something else did. Perhaps it was the call of the slave masters as they thrashed at the workers, barking "FASTER, FASTER!" or perhaps it was that so many of his prized masterpieces found the flesh of the innocents, piercing them; bleeding them dry. It could have been many things, but one thing was certain, he had to get out.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Thanks for reading! Hopefully the story isn't too terrible, I'm an engineer by trade, I'm no writer. But hopefully I'll be seeing everyone soon.
G'day! I'm Sachiko and I'm here to tell you that you have been approved! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

I'd suggest looking over our fun rules and policies, read our fun Wiki, and check out our FAQs if you have any questions! And if there's something you can't quite figure out, feel free to ask me anything!

The Orc Shaman and the Gnome Rogue. You're bond to find some RP with those options.
And I think a Dwarf Shaman would be pretty nifty. I've been hearing some talks of Wildhammers around, so you might be able to get one... Just not a shaman.