Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: I claim this server space through the cunning use of flags!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello, I'm Sergee. I've been sober for three months and playing world of warcraft for a number of years. I've roleplaying experience with Dungeons and Dragons, Call of Cthulhu and numerous others. I'm also totes sexy.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm a purebred Irishman. I speak and write English Fleuntly.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was roped in by a friend back in the times of yore when Naxxramas was a 40 man raid. I've been on and off since then.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
My google-fu is strong, also it's nigh-impossible to play on Wow private servers without knowing about Conquest.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm a large mish-mash of roleplaying styles and preferences. That said, I have a manly delight in the grim, the esoteric and the horrorible.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Blood elf paladin. I'm a sucker for the underdog story and the Blood Knights and the Sin'dorei have that in spades. Everything from the miserable destruction of their nation at the hands of an overly arrogant human right up to the current times just forms the perfect building blocks for the stories I like to tell.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Super happy fun mixed with a tinge of realism (Within context of the Warcraft lore) and the capability to shank a paladin in his over cocky face.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Humility. I, personally have a tendancy to play the backdrop characters. The types of characters that exist to build players up, support them and act as the power behind the throne. This rule means being able to do not only that but I also don't get Lord x,y,z and his uber light flinging powers shoved in my face while at the same time, nicking some of the limelight.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Spoiler:

From the Journal of Doctor Edwin D'Monte, in the year of the light 0.

Has it been six years since I departed from my beloved Alterac City in the hopes of finding work of exquisite quality amongst the people of Lordaeron. My aristocratic parents scoffed at the notion that I was leaving the city with a workhand, casting away all claim to land, wealth and bloodline in the process. To hell with them! With beloved Leanra at my side, I shall perform miraculous feats of magic and alchemy I shall prove to those worms that true worth is based on merit and not lineage.

An outbreak of sickness broke out not long after my arrival in Lordaeron and while I toiled to save the countless peasants from the current epidemic in my small village of Corin's Crossing, dearest Leanra was taken from me to pay the reapers toll. Accursed light from whence all misery falls, this is your fault! Tonight, I shall be with her for eternity. To take ones life is a sin of the most disgusting blasphemy but the cause and end justifies the means. I have brewed up a potion using a noxious concoction of roots and other herbs. A brief hallucogenic side-effect shall befall me before I shall reside alongside my beloved once more.

An epiphany! My dosage was wrong, poorly measured in my ale induced stupor which prevented me from walking the path of endless slumper. It has occured to me that manipulation of arcane into a form called divine. The priesthood would argue but this divine is the solution. If capable of healing wounds and restoring the natural functions of the body, then I should surely be able to restore Leanra to a living state by excessive mastery of the arcane. I have stolen embalming fluids from the local morgue and now I must labour to retain my brides youthful beauty lest she become little more than a rotted slab of meat and bones.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No
Sergee, welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Wow, Conquest of the Horde is actually popular outside of, well, CotH? I honestly actually never knew that! None the less, it's always great to see more Europeans here and especially finding us an Irishman! (If you ever find yourself on our Teamspeak server you have to say 'Diddley Dee Potato' to appease the masses with your accent)

Anywho, I'd suggest looking at our rules, policies and guides as a way to get the feel of how things roll 'round them here parts.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to PM me or ask anyone else on the server, we're all willing to help!

Have fun!
Awesome intro name, likes blood elves. Totes sexy?

You and I will get along well.

Edit: *Writes 'Reigen's' upon forehead. Proceeds to beat Sachiko off with a stick.*
You have a flag, so welcome to CotH.

Some language.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTduy7Qkvk8[/youtube]
Oh god. Oh...god. The level of troll is so obvious. Reigen, you poor confused girl...