Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Nurashin's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hi, I’m Nurashin, Nura for short, RP-addict since childhood. Though I didn’t know what I was doing when I invented stories my mother and dad had to participate in, I always loved to play out the stories I had in mind with other people. Well, then came the day I got invited for the first real P&P group and ever since I love RPing. I also write stories even now and then.
I am imaginative and calm. It is easy for me to separate character-knowledge and player-knowledge.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I come from Germany and thus my primary language is German. Though I have learned English since grade 4 and so I think I can adapt to the RP English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Warcraft 3 was my addiction and when my then-boyfriend came up with a WoW beta-key we shared the account. I was on and off since those days.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I found the server via an ancient blog post on some blog. Went from there, read through the rules and got hooked.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy character play. Sometime sitting around a campfire with other players is more fun than running around doing… whatever. That can be fun as well though. I tend to go with the general drift of the players around though.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Having played that long as I have I found quite a number of classes fun to play. With races, though, I tend to stick with the Kaldorei and the Sin’dorei as they provide some interesting roleplaying hooks.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Some hours of fun rp and meeting like-minded people.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The RP policy, that everyone has to know some basics of the history of Azeroth and everyone has to RP accordingly.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The gloomy light fell on the yellowed parchment. The words were difficult to mark out, the old ink so bleached that only the faintest trace of black remained, barely visible in the flickering light of the candle.
I heard my master’s steps pacing to and fro, an unnerving annoyance. One could think I got used to it over the years, however, I did not. He knew it as well as me.
“You have to learn to concentrate if you ever want to become a mage as powerful as me.”
Truth had been in his words, even though Galvan was not powerful. His greatest pride was a hover spell he worked whenever and wherever he did think it appropriate, which was nearly everywhere.
During lunchtime dishes flew through the room, at the evening classes he ordered quills and parchments to fly towards him and his students.
Even with me, who had learned this spells years ago from an old tattered volume, he did not restrain from reciting this charm over and over again.
The only reason I stayed with him was that he was my father. I loved him as much as he irritated me.
“Sheila!” he called me from my dark reverie.
“Yes?” My voice was steady; nothing revealed what I had been thinking a mere while ago.
“Were you daydreaming again?” I knew his inquiries too well. Every day at least one came from him. He didn’t know that the spell we were just going through was way below my level.
If he knew what I was working on in the silent hours between dinner and late-evening practices he’d subside. I knew it.
Summoning charms and the basics of necromancy was not what an apprentice mage was supposed to study, even more so, if said elements of advanced magic contained deeper dark magick.
I on the other hand was fascinated by the thought. The simple conjuring and transformation spells my father was so adept at was not my desired field of magic. Even in the early years of my schooling I felt the urge to do something more difficult, even dangerous.
As a young apprentice I had been unsure if the longing I felt yawning within my heart was merely the desire to go about the world and help those in need. Only when I was supposed to read about the different fields of magic, I knew that later on, after becoming a full-fledged mage, I wanted to raise the dead and command legions of demons summoned from the deepest bowels of our world.
While other students dreamt of healing the wounded, curing the sick, or simply becoming someone’s local scholar, doing magic tricks at a random noble’s court, I knew that I was destined to more.
Call it arrogance or simple realism; I was sure I could make my wishes all come true. My endeavours had brought me this far already and with my effort there would nothing in my way that I could not overcome. My goals were still far but with every book I read in the lonely hours of the night or between my studies, I came closer to my dreams.

(Well, longer than I expected but now… writer’s block and sadly no plot bunnies around)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Thanks for reading.
G'day! I'm Sachiko and I'm here to tell you that you have been approved! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

I'd suggest looking over our fun rules and policies, read our fun Wiki, and check out our FAQs if you have any questions! And if there's something you can't quite figure out, feel free to ask me anything!

Not many people know I've been an RPer since I was about three. Me and my brother used to come up with stories and stuff all the time.
And if you ask me, Sindorei > Kaldorei... Though they're all Elves and all have my love equally <3
I've always wanted to visit Germany... My grandma told me she lived there for a few years back during the Cold War era and that it was quite lovely.
Quote:Kaldorei > Sindorei...

FTFY