Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Pulling Heaven Down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Read first:
Spoiler:
This is an IC journal that was kept by Kirolan Vilronei during his life. It is currently in possession of Exarion and has been since roughly a week after Kirolan died. This is supposed to be an insight to the past Kirolan has, by majority, completely forgotten. It will be updated as regularly as I can manage. More than likely from my phone.

Day 1

A new journal for a new life. I can't believe I am finally on my own! I just finished moving all of my belongings into my new home. I think I'll use the front to sell the potions I make. Maybe if I can earn enough money, I can go to one of those nice academies and learn arcane use. I've always wanted to be a battlemage since as long as I can remember. Perhaps I can get into Mariwine's academy. I hear it's cheap and simple.

Day 2

I visited my parents outside the city today. I told my father of my plans and he recommended against going to a cheap academy. He told me the best of the best would be expensive, and that I should go all out or not at all. I'll have to work extra hard selling potions if I want to get into a good academy. I've heard Faersong's academy is expensive and much better than Mariwine's. But I've also heard it's much more rough. I'm willing to take the risk. A few cuts and bruises mean nothing if I can reach my goal.

Day 7

A week on my own has already gone by. My business isn't doing as well as I had hoped right now. It needs more flare. Something to bring in more customers. Perhaps flower arrangements could bring in more people. And I can learn a few enchantments to keep the flowers from wilting. A flower that lasts forever. Once I perfect it, I should rake in plenty to get into Faersong's academy.

Day 12

Business seems to be much better. I haven't even started selling flowers yet. I guess I'm a better alchemist than I gave myself credit for. Good job, Kirolan! If profits stay up, you'll be a battlemage in no time at all. I'll have to find Faersong's academy tomorrow and figure out how to enroll.

Day 13

I got the ball rolling. I had just enough spending money to pay for a month of classes from Mr. Faersong. I can't give up now! It's so close I can almost taste it! I had better work on those flower arrangements ahead of time. I begin my classes in a week. I want to log everything in this journal. I don't want to forget any of this! Life seems to be great for me and I doubt anything can dampen my spirits!
Day 20

My first day of classes with Mr. Faersong was today. I don't think he noticed me at all. The others in the class didn't seem to take too kindly to me being there. They were obviously much more wealthy than I. Something tells me this will be much more difficult than I had planned. Te first test was to conjure a single cube of ice. It had to be a cube. Perfect. I ended up with a circle. He was clear on the instructions. Uh. Maybe I missed one of the steps.

Day 25

The others mock my lack of progression. I still can't get a damn ice cube. Why is this so complicated? How can I be a battlemage if I can't even make a simple ice cube? I'll have to keep practicing during my free time. I won't give up until I can master this simple spell. I can't give up. No matter what. I won't skip out on my dreams.

Day 28

I'm so far behind the rest of the class. I've never been the bottom of my class before. I just now figured out how to make an ice cube, but everyone else is much further along than me. I should talk to Mr. Faersong and figure out what it is I'm doing wrong.

Undated article

It's been a while since I've written in this. I misplaced it for so many years. I thought I had lost it. I had to laugh a bit when I read it. Why was I laughing? It has been a few years and I haven't progressed far at all. I learned just enough from Exarion to barely pass as a battlemage. He's not as intimidating as he used to be. He's much kinder to me than to the other students. The others still do not like me since I was not as financially well off as they were.

The Next Day

The others tired to pick a fight with me. They waited for Exarion to leave for a short break then they closed in. It was horrible. Their mocking was far worse than their physical attacks on me. I don't really care what they think. I've heard they might actually be intimidated by me since I was closer to the teacher than they were. At least, that is what Exarion had told me.

A Month or so Later

Their bullying is starting to frustrate me. I can't tell Exarion though. I don't want to come off as weak to him. I'll do whatever I can to keep up my battlemage training, even if that means enduring their constant bullying. If I have to I'll fight them on my own. They don't scare me. I'm simply waiting for the right time to strike. Patience. Exarion has said it was extremely important.

Undated Article

Exarion inquired about a black eye I had gotten this morning. I guess I could not hide it anymore. I told him of the others in his class that had been attacking me for no reason. He got quite upset. Why, I'm not entirely sure. He said he would deal with it. The next time I've seen my assailants they look like they got attacked by lynxes. They didn't even look at me. I could tell they were terrified. I wonder what Exarion had done.