Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hufer's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Firstly; my name is John, and I've been going by the online Alias 'Hufer' since early 2003, on an old grungy piece of nostalgia called Runescape. My first experience with RP was in Command and Conquer, and right after that Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth. I believe that having to RP with such limited tools in said games has greatly increased my appreciation for RP focused communities and games.

I currently play a lot of games in my spare time, but usually always drift back to World of Warcraft and EVE Online eventually.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I was a born Canadian, hailing from the western coastal province of British Columbia. The only language I fluently speak is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

After my friend and I discovered Warcraft private servers back in the early stages of The Burning Crusade we quickly threw together our own small knit community and ran it ourselves. This was my first experience with Warcraft RP and it heavily engaged me in Blizzard's IP.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I was a former GM in a community known as Prologue-WoW before I resigned for personal reasons, I've heard the name "CotH" mentioned many times before.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy any kind of RP that is engaging. Beyond all else I keep an open mind and like to make sure everyone is enjoying their RP, regardless of the situation.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I would have to say that my favourite race/class combination would be an Undead Rogue. There's simply no thought that invokes as much fear as one who has already experienced death, and wishes for you to do the same. Commonly laced with deadly poisons and the training of more than one lifetime they are a fearsome thought to behold.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I have very simple expectations from CotH, to contribute to the community and to have them provide a fun environment to RP in.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

From all of the rules I observed I am quite fond of the restrictions against god-modding and otherwise having your character be a super-demon who can't be stopped no matter what.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

In the Moments Before

The boots of the orange jump suit clanked heavily against the dusty metal of the suspended gangway. Closest friends and colleagues all strode one by one, all that could be heard was the sound of their hearts thudding wildly, as if trying to escape their chests. This is what they had trained for and dreamed of since they were children; they were born and bread to embark this marvel of machinery. As they entered and took to their stations they could hear the engines start their ignition sequence, as the clock of history continued to count down. Once again they were all children, strapped to the roller coaster at the fair, not knowing what is to come, their lives had been lived to the fullest up to this point. While the orbiter began to slowly leave the ground a group watched and observed with pride and joy, as Challenger slowly lifted to its fate.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I hope I filled this all out correctly and if so I look forward to joining you all.
John, welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Woo! Canadian! I must say I actually unconditionally love everyone from Canada despite it being on the exact opposite of the world from me and being absolutely freezing. Australians aren't good with the cold. But! Always good to find someone who chooses to be empathetic with everyone around them and make sure each person is having fun with the RP no matter what, you'll fit right into our server! It's also always good to find friends from Prologue too.

Anywho, I'd suggest looking at our rules, policies and guides as a way to get the feel of how things roll 'round these parts. We also have a new player guide you might like to check out around here!

If you have questions, don't hesitate to PM me or ask anyone else on the server, we're all willing to help!

Have fun!
Ah...

Hufer.

I know you. My thanks still stand, even if memory of me doesn't prevail.
Ewww.
My HUUFFFERRRR.
lol would you look at this noob?

Friends with Cressy? No surprise.

Pfft. Why so mean, Nubstra?
Aah Canada.. eh? I'm Canadian. (Aboriginal w/e.) Nice to see another Canadian on CotH. Never seen one around yet. *peers around searchingly*