Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Two Years In the Life of a CotHian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Spoiler:

Two years ago today, I first introduced myself to the world of CotH, and WoW as a whole. I had just come off of some rough times with the previous server I had been on, with there being heavy fighting going on between players and management, players and players, management and management. I had moved on to doing dungeons and raiding in other games, but I missed the roleplay. I missed the interactions and the fun of coming up with awesome stories. So when a few of my fellow refugees recommended this server, I saw it as a great opportunity to get back with some of the people I enjoyed playing with, and to meet new people in a much more expansive environment.

After a slow start, I managed to catch on to the general atmosphere of the server, branching out and meeting people, as well as getting to have fun with my friends again. Dibykali was raising eyebrows with her odd speech (OOCly the result of me being a WoW nub and thinking the Trolls in the starting zone were Orcs), Bruhara was fighting alongside Kor and the Blackhearts, Sasslyn was performing for the Heretic Circus, and a human bounty hunter who called himself the "Magnificent Bloodpaw" was saving lives and almost getting shot by bruisers. They would eventually be joined by a towering, brooding Death Knight nurse, a character on the verge of deletion had it not been for fate putting her on a path to meet Lokmagrosh and the Stormshade Clan. I even enjoyed some OOC laughs in Warsong Gulch, which was the OOC zone when I started. It was a wonderful ride, and I was glad to be back in storytelling mode.

A lot has changed since I've started here, both in-game and in real life. Two years is a long time, no matter how fast it seems to pass. And I am glad I have spent some of that time here. I'm thankful for all the wonderful people, both the ones still here and the ones that have moved on. And I am happy to be serving the community in a greater capacity alongside a hard working team of GMs and Forum Helpers. I hope to continue to be creatively inspired as the times keep on a changin'.

You rock, CotH!
\o/ Woot! You where there when I first got here huh!
Gettin' close to my own year-versary, just wanna say you're awesome, Jonoth, glad ya got into this server and became the

COOLEST BLOODPAW CAPTAIN EVAR
Two years! Time to replace your internet-box..

Congratulations!
You're older than me so I don't got much to say... but you're a great RP bro for me so I hope you stick around for more years!

Also I approve of this Bob Dylan music.
I am continually amazed when I realize I've been here longer than you.
/hardcore lurker

Always fun having you around. Here's to another year.
/Highfive.
Two years and still a nub...

:)
Congrats
Totally just realized I passed the three year mark a few days ago. woo!
When I first read the topic I thought to myself... "just two years? that's impossible!"...
Gratz!

You still owe me my Dwarves sword! I was looking for you IG. >:|
(05-17-2013, 02:30 PM)Aethon Wrote: [ -> ]Gratz!

You still owe me my Dwarves sword! I was looking for you IG. >:|

Is this Jonoth's fate if he doesn't?

Congratz! It's probably been one long and wild journey.
/train

WOOWOO!! \o/
That's a long time :D Grats
Cothiversaries make me feel old... but so does pretty much everything else anymore. Congratz bud.