Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Theophilus' Introduction!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Theophilus' Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, my first RP experience was with a table top Roleplay by the name of Feng Shui, a moment which not only entranced me into the wondrous domain of Roleplay - but also the delightful taste of banana cake! I've delved into various table top RP's be it D&D, Shadowrun and Feng Shui. I've unfortunately subjugated myself to retail Roleplay with World of Warcraft, but have briefly tasted the delightful fruits of the more 'private' hubs for Warcraft roleplay.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I live in England but have lived a predominantly large amount of my life in Wales, as of such my main language is British with a small amount of Cymraeg .

How did you get into Warcraft?:

A close friend of my older brother, his father used to run a Lan Center at a place which was just a short bus ride from my Town. As of such, I was often took along with my elder sibling and it began from there really, watching people playing Warcraft 3, trying to play it myself but not understanding the ideals of Micro and Macro.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I've heard many mentions of CoTh and knew of one or two people who've migrated to it from other private WoW servers, and - well, what with the promising words of C0rzilla regarding the community - I thought I'd amble along and settle myself in!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Roleplay that is engaging and has -effects- on peoples characters, I dislike heavily these ideas of events or happenings that people just seemingly shrug off when they -should've- had some effect. One of the things that I enjoy most when DM'ing table top sessions is crafting experiences and scenarios with certain aspects in them which are solely aimed at pulling out an emotional response from characters.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I'd have to separate this into two, my favorite 'Class' would either be a Priest or a Paladin. The reason being that I find the whole ideals and principles of the Light to be just thoroughly delightful. How, even though it's branded a 'Church' it's not quite a religion and how the principles and ideals which are outlined through the three key tenets can be shaped and interpreted in various ways by different individuals.

Race wise, It'd have to be Trolls, trolls and more trolls! The tribal atmosphere, the Loa and the voodoo. There's so many avenues and aspects for Troll Role-play that it just disappoints me currently that I've yet to come across any real engaging RP regarding Trolls.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Honestly, I just expect a warm welcoming place to Roleplay. Nothing more, nothing less. With what I've heard about CoTh it just sounds a great place to settle in and have some fun and engaging RP.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The rule on plagiarism, I've seen too many character profiles, ideas, signatures on forums and just various art materials ripped from one Private server website and stuffed onto another. It really pushes the idea of 'fresh' ideas, not the same regurgitated values stuffed onto the same generic character.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

He pulled his sleeves up with a sigh as his right hand traced up to his face, fiddling with the flimsy spectacles before pushing them back up onto the bridge of his nose. " Every apprentice and his mother seems to not be taught the idea of putting a book back after you're finished with it. ". He lowered his head as he took in a deep inhalation, and that's when he heard it - a 'tapping' sounding echoing throughout the dimly lit halls of the library. " Hopefully not another self-righteous and stuck up apprentice! " he muttered as he pinched the bridge of his nose and turned to face the entrance to the library.

" I ah-...I assume this is the library? " A timid voice echoed from the glossed lips of the female standing in front of him. Her figure was petite and clad in a loose fitting robe, her ebon hair fell down upon her shoulders in unkempt strands.

" Let's see, there are books on shelves in here, there's several signs that indicate this as the library - Oh, and quite surprisingly my profession title is a 'Librarian' " He responded flatly as a small peak of agitation rang out in his voice.

" W-Well, I'm lo-looking for a book -... " She began to speak before getting cut off.

" Looking for a book? In a library, Well Light be blessed you must be a genius! " He threw his hands up sarcastically as he slowly padded his bare feet across the ornately masoned stone slab floorings.

" I-It's ab-about things that I'm n-not meant to know. " The female figure squeaked.

" And you want to find a book...about things you're not meant to know? Light grant me strength I'm being tested today... " The librarian trailed off, slinking down into a creaky maple chair before burying his face into his hands.

" A test? - Ah-Are you an apprentice too? " the young woman spoke, lifting herself up onto her toes to cast a caring glance down upon the librarian.

" No, For I prefer the taste of -real- food, not conjured. " , his hands slipped away from his face and he placed them calmly onto the top of his small table - lidding his eyes as he took a deep and longing breath. "

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Not that I can think of!

Theophilus, welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Aha! Someone from Wales! I'm pretty impressed by that. I also hear that Welsh is apparently a very hard language according to a comedian who I happened upon some time. Don't ask me for his name though, I wouldn't be able to remember, but according to him, when he was learning it, something along the lines of three people passed the course, two people failed and twenty six of them died. Hilarious act.

Anywho, I'd suggest looking at our rules, policies and guides as a way to get the feel of how things roll 'round these parts. We also have a new player guide you might like to check out around here!

If you have questions, don't hesitate to PM me or ask anyone else on the server, we're all willing to help!

Have fun!
I'm just popping onto the thread to say "hi!"... So, hi! You sound really entertaining, I'm not going to lie. :D I can't wait to meet you in-game, it'll be fun! :) Welcome to CotH! As to the community here at CotH, I've been thrilled with the people here, and I've only been here for a couple of weeks or so. I've been on several other private servers and I think that what separates CotH from other servers is that we are a community. We're rather tight-nit here and everyone's very welcoming, from what I've seen so far. I hope you'll enjoy it here. Again, welcome! :D
Oh you silly Peons... making friends of each other.

Get back to work. :D

But seriously welcome to the server...
hehehe.
Hai. I'm kind of new around here too so if you need any help I'll be glad to help if I can.
As am I.
(05-09-2012, 03:36 PM)Aadora Wrote: [ -> ]Oh you silly Peons... making friends of each other.

Get back to work. :D

But seriously welcome to the server...

But... -sniffle- but... I wants a friend! QQ But I suppose I'll go back to work if you insist... -shuffles off sadly-

[/unrelated-ness of the topic]
I just want to say thank you for the delightfully warm welcome, I've already spoke to a few members of COTH already through Skype and I've had the good graces to meet one or two already in game, once more I'd just like to extend a sincere thanks for welcoming me to the community with such warmth!