Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Mikey's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Honestly, I don't know what to put here. I'm Mikey, I'm eighteen years of age, and I've been roleplaying for at least nine of them. (it sounds far-fetched, but trust me. When I was nine, the neopets RP forums were where it was at. I'm sure at least half of you know them. >:D ) Oh! And I AM female, despite my name. :P

I'm an artist. I love painting, drawing, making music, creating collages – I mean, everything to do with art.

I'm an officer in the guild Hellsing Organizatíon. As such I do have nights that I'll have to be on WoW, and raid, or help out.

Uhm, I'm friendly, and make friends fast. People say that I'm really personable and that I open up rooms, like I create conversation and just get people to come out of their shell.

Okay, enough with the I'M AMAZING LIKE ME PLEASE stuff. If there's anything else you'd like to know about me, ask. :D

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

USA, English. (And I'm a grammar Hitler too; I used to want to be an English major. :P)

How did you get into Warcraft?:

My cousin, Devon. He was telling me about WoW when I was thirteen and it was still BC (I can't believe I've been playing that long D:), and got me onto the Ravenholdt server. I stayed there for a while, then moved to Farstriders, and there I've been.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Hmm. Well, actually one of my old friends Ruibarra told me about you guys, and immediately I was like KASDFHASFBA SERVER DEDICATED TO RP? LET ME JOIN.

Farstriders' RP is dead, and filled with trolls. And I don't wish to up and leave, as I can't afford a transfer, nor leave my friends.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

All. I prefer full-immersion, but I'm not against casual encounters, like passing-by people. In fact, I love that.

I don't like RP events. >: They tend to be difficult to manage, and have trolls all over. If y'all have RP events, I know they'll be much different, and I'm excited for them!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I don't have a favorite, simply because I love them all.

I don't have a preferred race or class either; I play what I play.

My first RP character was a Hunter, though. :D

I'm more familiar with Hunters and Death Knights, but I've been branching out as of late.

What are your expectations of this server?:

RP, all the time. All. The. Time.

I mean, I expect some leveling/gear getting to look pretty, but otherwise, RP. Full immersion. Oh the love. All the love.<3

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

No lore-breaking. 'Nuff said.

I'm tired of seeing Arthas/Sylvanas love children. Or DK's that are thirteen years of age and Human (when the race is clearly a Blood Elf). Or someone that's so important you can't ignore them or miss them because of their very shiny armor that was so hard to get. Or they killed Arthas single-handedly and you HAVE to respect them because they can kill you with a single blow.

/endrant :B

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

It was dark, here. Shafts of dappled, watery sunlight filtered through the grate, and bits of conversation could be heard drifting down from above. They were accompanied by the small drips of water, sounding much closer than the common street noises.
A soft sigh was heard, a rattling of a stone on the floor, and she turned swiftly, grasping at her hood to keep it from falling back.
“Hello?” her voice was soft, quiet; unwilling to break the soft padding of background noise.
However, what was heard next surely did. It was a coarse, hard laugh. “Dinnae expect such a bussom lady.” The figure before her was short, squat. There was a pack over his shoulder, and his coarse, bushy hair might've been brown, or a deep red. His face was hard to make out in the shadows, but he did have a fairly large nose.
“You have the tome?” her voice was still soft, quiet, although her hands did not loosen their grip on her hood. Her body was very obviously tensed, alert.
“Aye, aye, missus. I would naw' be so 'fraid, missus, I ain't gonna hurt ye.” Again he laughed coarsely, loudly, and the “lady” looked about her, as if someone would hear them, would come. At this, he laughed louder. “No one ta' come lookin' for ye, Lady,” he said. This could've been taken as a threat, but it was meant kindly.
She nodded, her hand finally falling from her hood. “The tome?” she asked again, hands fluttering at her sides.
“Aye, righ' here.” The short man swung the pack down loudly, and it thumped upon the solid, slimy stone floor. She winced, knowing that it couldn't be good for the goods inside. Reaching a grubby hand inside, the man rummaged around for a bit before pulling out a leather-bound tome, engraved with gold and silver runes. In its center was a jewel, small, but obviously worth some amount of money.
She held her hands out expectantly, but the man pulled the book back quickly. “The gold?” he asked, tone suddenly changing from a loud, boisterous dealer to one of seriousness.
She nodded, an action not revealed very well by her hood. Grabbing at her side, she pulled a small coin purse from the inner folds of her robe, and tossed it to him. The man caught it deftly in his free hand, tossing it up and down for a few seconds to gauge its weight. Nodding once, he handed the tome out to her.
She grabbed it like a small child would a piece of hard candy, cradling it to her chest like a babe. “Thank you,” she said softly, turning on her heel and leaving the man alone. He nodded, but she was already off, long strides eating up the ground quickly, feet splishing into to small, hidden puddles as she went.
A minute went by, and suddenly she emerged into bright sunlight, loud, market noises, the clopping of horses, children screaming and laughing in play. She slowed her pace to a walk, although she kept the tome cradled tightly to her chest.
The knowledge inside was worth so much more to her than the jewel on its front.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I'm cool. :D

Haha, just playing. Would it be possible to make a Dark Ranger, serving under the Lady Sylvanas (such as you see in UC), or is that bending lore too much? Just wondering. :]

Alright, thanks for your time and consideration! Mikey
Mikey, welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Ahhh, you sound like a textbook art student. That's a good thing! Artists are always welcome around here and you might be able to make use of our art forum found in the Off-Topic forums whether your art is pictures, music, literature, paper-mache, etc. You'll find that you don't actually -have- to level here on our server, there are ways around it much alike how you can gain a copy just about any outfit or weapon just without stats or level restrictions. Don't expect Frostmorne though.

Playing a Dark Ranger serving under Sylvanas? It wouldn't be likely that you would be serving a lore figure directly and we do not allow people to play High Elves, living or dead. However, you might be able to play a Forsaken Dark Ranger, you can see about that when you've gotten use to the server.

Anywho, I'd suggest looking at our rules, policies and guides as a way to get the feel of how things roll 'round these parts. We also have a new player guide you might like to check out around here!

If you have questions, don't hesitate to PM me or ask anyone else on the server, we're all willing to help!

Have fun!
So excited ma buddeh iz 'ere!!! >=D Welcome aboard Mikeymike!
More followers of Ruibarra? LET THEM COME. THERE IS YET ONE D0RF IN COTHILAND THAT STILL DRAWS BREATH.