Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: ViridianFoxx's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Myself as a player, where to start? Well first off I've been playing World of Warcraft for just about four years now. I consider myself a experienced role-player and have actively role-played within the Warcraft universe for three years. Apart from that I really play a verity of games and I'll pretty much play anything from a fast paced RTS to a classic RPG.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I am from Northern Ireland (The part of Ireland which is part of the UK) and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I got into Warcraft four years ago due to being introduced by one of my friends older brothers. From there myself and two other close friends picked up the game and I have played up to the beginning of this year.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Nothing particular really grabbed my attention, it was more due to the fact that I have known about this server for sometime and I have simply finally tried to give it ago and see just how much better the roleplay here is than the old roleplay I have had in the actual game itself.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Personally I enjoy any kind of roleplay, be it from the day to day interactions with others, the upkeep of a home or even simply relaxing with friends. Yet I also enjoy larger scale roleplay with guilds, especially when the guild is active, has undertaken a task and mark out its clear goals, for example lets say the guild in question wanted to march too Hillsbrad Foothills and secure a foot hold there.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Personally my favorite race within the Warcraft universe, and I know as bland and generic as this may sound, is the Humans. I personally like the humans due to the fact they are the youngest race upon Azeroth and when playing a human your roleplay options are large and varied, for example your character could be a grizzled war veteran from the days back when the Kingdom of Azeroth (The original Stormwind) fell and was lucky enough to escape, or perhaps your character is a younger human from the Ilse of Kul'Tiras who has recently arrived in Stormwind to set about seeing the wondrous and dangerous world around them. It is because of that kind of flexibility that I love the Humans of Azeroth and due to the fact that really you have more freedom to crate and rich character background with that race.

As for my favorite class, I think I would probably be split between either a Priest or Mage. I'll start with why I think Priests are one of my favorite classes. This is purely because over the last three years my main roleplay character has been a Human Priestess and as well as with the priest the magics that are involved are interesting. For example even though it is said to be "shadow magic" within game mechanics technically the shadow magics that priests use is only really the bending of holy magic. This also leads on to the fact that depending on which side you choose, be it alliance or horde you can really pick what kind of priest you want. Do you one, want a holy virtuous priest who believes and stands by the light and his/her morals? Or do you two, want a priest who bends the light to there will and sees it as another method of power that they can control. Now, too the second of my two favorite classes, the Mage. I love the Mage because they are that iconic caster of the Warcraft universe. Channeling arcane energy into devastating missile attack or be it setting your enemies alight with a ball of fire, either way the Mage is an extremely fun class to roleplay as and really lets you get creative with the descriptive and use of your spells. That is really the major factor for me enjoying playing a Mage within the Warcraft universe, due to the fact that they are just fun and a great class to play around with.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Well from what I have heard the server is good and generally quite active, as far as private servers go. I personally expect to find a good number of well experienced role-players, a kind community around the server itself and most importantly an active community. Not to mention of course I expect to find lots of delicious roleplay.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Personally the rule, actually two rules, that stand out to me are: Respect and Tolerance. I feel this appeals to me due to the fact I think that having a positive community around a serve or group of people really helps bring in more players and keeps things positive and most importantly it keeps everyone happy and having fun with what ever they are doing. Also with tolerance I feel this is important due to the fact that not everyone is the best role-player or sometimes English isn't there first language. I personally feel that the older and more experienced role-players should be more tolerant of newer players who may not know certain things or they may not be aware certain ways things or typed or structured. For example they constantly write their emotes in the first person when they are in a group of people who prefer the approach of writing their emotes in the third person like a novel writer.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

It was a dark evening and night covered the grand city of Stormwind. The paths and districts colored brightly in the warm orange glow of lamps and fires. Yet the night itself was not peaceful, dark storm clouds where gathered above the city and heavy blankets of rain fell from the grey, other hanging clouds. Liliana rushed as she made her way up towards the local cathedral, the steps a bare white stone, the large blue carpet that normally covered them gone due to the weather. Finally arriving within the sheltering arches of the cathedral she sighed softly and smiled, reveled to be out of the rain. Slowly Liliana would pull down the hood of her travelers cloak, her fiery red hair and soft feminine features finally coming on show. She would slowly shake her head, her hair slightly damp due to the hood being soaked through. Liliana made her way through the entrance of the cathedral to the large grand hall of the building and upon entering she would gaze over the impressive stone work, her eyes following along the huge pillars that reached to the top of the cathedral and arched into the roof above.

"Not often I get a visit from you sister" a voice came from one of the benches to Liliana's right. Swiftly Liliana would cock her head in the direction of the oncoming voice "Brother!" she said excitedly before she would quickly turn and make her way across to the young man who was sat in mail armor. The young man was clad in mail armor and his hair was a soft blond color, his eyes matching the own piercing sapphire blue of Liliana's. Liliana quickly sat down next to him and turned to throw her arms around him "It's good to see you again James" She said quietly as she pulled away from the hug. "And it is good to see you too, Sister." James said in return with a warm smile. James peered to Liliana, the same warm smile held on his lips "So tell me sister, what brings you here on? Where you sent to see how I was fitting in? If you where let me tell you so far I am finding it gre-" James was quickly cut off by Liliana who smirked slightly as she did "No, not at all sent to check up on you. Just thought I'd drop by and see how you where doing. Also before you ask everyone back home is fine." she said, the smirk fading back to the warm smile it originally was.

(( Hopefully that will be enough as a small taster to what I can do! ^^ ))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

The only question that really strikes me at the moment is that, how much do you support the guilds on the server? If a guild wanted to set up a small area for themselves, a 'base' per-say, would it be possible for said guild to do so? Of course giving that what they want isn't ridiculous or something that is too much to ask for.
Hello ViridianFoxx! My name is Loxmardin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

Be warned, though! The server's currently down. Please refer to this thread for more information.

Northern Ireland? Interesting! Does it come with the accent? :3

To answer your question:
  • No. Guilds do not get bases set up for them. You are free to use free areas as your "guild base", but you may not "claim" it as your own and restrict the area to your guild. If you are not online or roleplaying in the area at the time, anyone else is free to use the area as whatever they use it for. And if the area is already occupied when you move there, you do not have the freedom of driving them off OOCly.
Cue standard introduction template.

If you haven't already, it couldn't hurt to double check the rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness!

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and merry RPing!

Love,
Loxmardin