Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: QuestionableDog's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I played WoW from vanilla to cataclysm and enjoyed it tons. None of the RP servers seemed RP enough for me, though. Eventually, I got tired of paying for it and I quit. Now it's been about a year since I played last and I want to play again. But, I want to play with other people who actually WANT to RP.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from the United States and my primary language is English

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I played through Warcraft 2 as a wee lad and was hooked since then.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I started with a sort of generic Google search of private wow RP servers. Your name kept coming up, so I figured you guys were the best. Also, most of the other servers' websites just barely function, unlike this one.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I'll go for all kinds. I'm partial to tavern RP and intrigue stuff. But, even if there's none of that I'll gladly and easily look for RP anywhere.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I like playing Humans most, but I have been known to play Tauren, Forsaken and Trolls as well. My favorite classes are Rogue and Warrior because I like playing and role-playing fighter characters rather than magic ones. There are exceptions, of course.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I just expect an environment that is open to role play. Greiferless, hopefully.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The rule about maturity. And roleplay.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

I find that this is when I think best. Under the moon. Under the stars. A warm fire at my feet. This was a time when I needed to have clarity of mind. Our next actions were of dire importance. I inhaled deeply. The air smelled clean. This was a new beginning for my people. My father had believed this land was rightfully ours. They had took it from us in centuries past. I stared deep into the fire, my mind on my father. He wasn't innocent. He may not even have been just. But, he was still my father. The duty of taking our lands back from the foul easterners was resting on my shoulders.

"Sir," hissed an oily voice, breaking my fire-induced trance. And suddenly, it was all real. Far-off voices were shouting. Many of my men were singing loud, drunken tunes. An occasional scream was heard from male and female voices alike. But, only one scream was able to escape each unique voice before their time was up. My measly squad of twenty raiders and myself had started a war, even if our opponents didn't know it yet. I glanced quickly at the owner of the voice, Gregor, then turned my gaze back to the burning farmhouse.

"Only the one?" I asked. I had given Gregor orders to keep all residents of the farmhouse alive should they swear allegiance to the true Highlords.

"Yes, but -"

"If one escaped," I explained with a dangerous calm in my voice, "I expect you to capture them first, and then report to me." With that, Gregor shoved our new recruit to the ground and ran off into the night, calling to a few nearby men as he fled. He was swift, despite his apparent age.

I turned to look at the man Gregor had brought to me. On doing so, I found that he was young, probably twenty years old at the most. He had a strong build. He was dressed in simple clothing: a plain linen shirt with roughspun pants cut off just below the knees. He had trouble bringing himself to a sitting position because, it seemed, both of his arms had been broken. Why did Gregor believe I would find this boy useful? He would simply weigh our party down. He sat limply in the dust, looking at my boots.

"What's your name, boy?"

He looked up at me and opened his mouth to speak, but then his eyes widened. The boy recognized me, but not fast enough to escape. His head hit the earth and rolled, fear frozen on the face staring up at me. The first of many fell to my axe.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Didn't mean to appear too evil with that story; it's just what came out off the top of my head. Otherwise, thanks for your consideration!
Hello QuestionableDog! My name is Loxmardin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

Be warned, though! The server's currently down. Please refer to this thread for more information.

That's a very generous use of space, hehe.

If you haven't already, it couldn't hurt to double check the rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness!

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and merry RPing!

Love,
Loxmardin