Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: Hello! I.. Well My name is Eon and I'm kinda new to roleplay. Honestly I usually only played PvP on World of warcraft, but then I decided to give roleplay a shot, but instead of going to a rp server on retail, an old freind of mine who doesn't play anymore suggested I check for a private server, saying that the smaller number of people would be beneficial to the learning process. In any case, I searched google and you guys cropped up so I registered. Any advice you can give would be great.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: America, and I speak american. I don't speak no English, I speak American.

How did you get into Warcraft?: Actually stared with Starcraft, then DDO, then Runescape, and finally WoW. I like my eighty five worgen hunter.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?: Found you guys through google, and the small number of players is what drew me. I figure with less people it would be easier to learn with less frustration.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: Whatever you got, I can take it >:)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: Worgen Hunter, because of a lovely little trick I learned, in which a worgen using Running Wild can hide in a bush and be very hard to spot, even with nameplates turned on. Plus theres just something about turning your enemies into pin cushions that I like.

What are your expectations of this server?: Umm... Knowledge and power? No just Knowledge, and fun, and maybe a bit of story telling.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: The fact that you have to post a character sheet to get them approved, Means that there isn't a whole mess of random characters with no purpose on the server, which in turn means less lag and hopefully more seamless play.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: Oh god, oh god! Stage fright... Hold on.
Prologue: December 12, 2012. First outbreak.
File retrieved:
First outbreak: The damn Mayans got it right, the end of humanity was on this godforsaken date, but they didn't expect that we wouldn't be the cause. A subterranean virus that was uncovered by an earthquake hit the world like a ton of bricks. It attacked every cell of the body, and rewrote them for it's own purpose. It wasn't a virus as normal, but some cross between viral and parasitic organism. It takes your bodies cells and changes them, turning your body into it's own. At first it's a sort of walking dead, and then it turns into an army of creatures too twisted to be human, and way to smart.
Suffice it to say, we would never have survived, if it hadn't been for him....

"Move move move! Get the civies out of there!" The sergeant shouted at the top of his lungs. Even as he shouted the soldiers moved the civilians into the jet, but they were too late. The monstrosities were upon us. "Zombies... Never thought I'd live to see the day, and now I wish I hadn't." His private said. "Line up! Hold those things back!" He shouted to his men, who had already lost the will to fight, but... "Come on Cheyenne Move!" A civie who was close to the line of undead was pushing another, a girl in front of him. After a moment he picked her up and rushed to the plane. "Cheyenne listen to me, you have to stay on this plane, do not move no matter what you hear me! If you do I swear I will kick your ass!" He said to the girl. The sergeant turned to him as he walked to one of his men, demanding his gun, "What the f**k do you think your doing! We ain't got time to-". He couldn't say anymore, because that man had punched him in the gut and was shouting at all of them. "You have more people on there way here, they're coming through the terminal cuz it's clear! The undead were routed out and are coming through here. Now you help those people onto this plane, or I swear to god you will have me to deal with!" The man said, holding an M16 in each hand. The Sergeant wouldn't admit it then, but that man, who couldn't have been old enough to even drink looked about as powerful as god himself. It could have been the scars across his body, which already showed signs of infection, or it could have been the look in his eyes. That look, which would haunt him forever more, was the look of a man who knew he was dead, and was gonna fight until his body failed to save as many as he could. The man turned away from the plane and, with those m16's in each hand, ran straight for those monsters, popping shell after shell at all of them. The things turned after the noise and attacked him, and he hit back. He gave no quarter and recieved none. After a minute, the civilians began to run out from the terminal and onto the evac plane. At least three hundred ran on, and wave after wave of those things came at the plane, only to be stopped by a single man, a single soldier. After all the civies were loaded, and the jet was ready to take off, the woman screamed to him. "Ok! Were ready, now get your ass on the plane Brock! Get over here now!!!" She shouted, then screamed as he turned to run to her, only to have one of those things slash his back open. As he dropped to his knees, soldiers and civilians looked at him. He looked up, and his face showed no fear, no regret. With a shout, he reached up and punched the creature to attack him, and then with his bare hands began to tear them apart. More and more of them came after him, and he kept going, tearing and ripping as he held the line. The pilot called from the cockpit "Sir were ready to go and we better go now!" The girl screamed at him, that they had to wait, that he had to come with them. But the sergeant gave the command, and the plane lifted off, leaving the boy, the soldier of fortune, behind.

To this day, I regret giving that command. Leaving that man behind was something he didn't deserve. It doesn't help that we all knew he wouldn't just be killed, but twisted, turned into another abomination for those monsters. From what I understand, that was the final act of charity he had given, cuz from what I understand from others who knew him, he never did anything for himself. He always seemed determined that some one else get what they needed first. A soldier in all but name, who was left behind....

Ok so it's not a world of warcraft story but would it work the same? Scared

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: Turnip.
G'day! I'm Sachiko and I'm here to tell you that you have been approved! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

I'd suggest looking over our fun rules and policies, read our fun Wiki, and check out our FAQs if you have any questions! And if there's something you can't quite figure out, feel free to ask me anything!

Please keep in mind the server is currently down and it will be a while until you can make your ingame account.

I'm always willing to help a new person learn the ways of RP! If you ever want someone to RP with or to get pointers from, I'll gladly help.
And we're not quite at Cataclysm yet. Afraid Worgen won't be available to us until then. Might I suggest the mighty Blood Elf instead?
Ewwwww blood elves are gross.

Well since it's not a PvP server I don't really think I mind going back to the past to have a blast. But maybe I'll make a door or Nelf, simply to piss of belfs.

And I've been reading teh wiki, and after looking at the Nelf thing It makes me think that Nelf's arent allowed to be fun upbeat characters who get into trouble....?
You can have an upbeat Nelf if you wish. It's your character! Though some people go all "FLAFLAFLAFLA" if you don't fit into the norm. But that's expected from them.

And if you make lots of Belves, you can join Reigen and me in the Belf Swarm club. We've got over ten Belves each.
More nelfs are bueno.

welcome~