Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A new start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Grammar might not be flawless but I am trying the best as I can just so you know, hopefully this will tell you more about me than in my previous post. (=

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am 18 years old, I’ve played games since I was 6 years old and I count gaming as a part of my nature. I began playing Warcraft when the Burning Crusade Expansion was announced so I have been playing for quite some time now. I began role-playing for about 4 years ago and I have been on many various servers which names shall not be spoken of. But still I have played a lot of other games such as all the Warcraft games, Diablo, Dragon age, Heroes, Starcraft Lord of the rings, Starwars etcetera. I know most of the lore in Warcraft mainly because I’ve played through the Warcraft games and I have read some books such as “Arthas, Rise of the Lich King”, “Rise of the Horde” and the “Sunwell triology”. But I mainly have my characters taught about the first 100 years since all events that took place before that shouldn’t they have any knowledge of it not obtained by night elves or reading books.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from Sweden and my primary language is Swedish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well my friends in high school played it and I wanted to play with them, I have also played through all of the Warcraft games and I liked them which led me to into Warcraft thanks to those friends of mine and WC3.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I followed Drak here and he told me it was a good server and well since I haven’t had any decent RP now for a while and I heard this server has high standards it sounded as if it would suit me perfectly. Also when I read through the rules section I was happy to see that many of the rules were good and that people most likely will behave with a decent behavior which is rarely seen on other servers.

What kinds of role-play do you enjoy?:
Adventures or political conflicts between nations, you know the pen is sharper then the sword. But otherwise all kinds of RP are appreciated as long as it follows the lore and it is legit and keeps a medieval class and not that we run into the reality and pretend homosexuality is something to seen easy at or that all the races are befriends with each other.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Humans are my favorite race. Because they are a very stubborn and very self-centered race which is a very loyal and servant race if we talk the military but are also treacherous and cannot all along be trusted. They have the ability to adapt to any new environment and their will to learn and become something great and perhaps write some history on their way to their goal.
Mages is my favorite class. Because of their ability and knowledge of the arcane arts, the power that they wield can make hard tasks simple and the constant danger of being exposed to arcane corruption. Also that the power they wield is not given to them freely but it comes through month of IC progression and not because you apply for a Prestige class doesn’t mean you’re over powered and know all their abilities, frankly you only know the basics and are after that able to progress into something bigger and better.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To get good and decent RP that is fun and that I can learn something from and not all to lolish and to know the community better. Also that it acts as all are special and does not oppress the players from their opinions or their creativity.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the language rule since I dislike swearing and cursing in OOC and in topics. Keeping a mature and good language is important for everybody to feel good in the place they are in. Since many servers tend to fail with this rule. That is why I like and favor this rule mainly because it is not seen everywhere and sometimes are rare.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

They would all stare at the newcomer as he entered the tavern. They looked at him in distrust and despise. He would walk silently towards a empty table and would sit down on a chair next to it. His dark robes looked as if made out of the shadows themselves and his hair was long and black as the night, he peered through the tavern at all the people who were laughing and drinking. He frowned at them at he noticed some heavily drunken men walk towards him. He would calmly sit there waiting for them to make the first move. The largest of the men would speak to the newcomer with a harsh and deep voice.

"I shee we got ourshelves a new patron. What can we do to entertain thee your highnessh!"

All of the men would laugh at their drunken leaders statement. Still the newcomer sat there frowning at the peasants mumbling under his breath. The leader would now grab hold of newcomers robe's collar and would raise him up from his chair looking into the newcomers green eyes and say with an irritated and annoyed voice.

"You know it is rude not to, Hic!.. Introduce yourshelf to oush fine men."

As the leader would keep clinging to the man’s collar he could see that his eyes would begin to blacken as a dark aura of despair could be sensed near the man. The leader would let go of the robed man... But he finally realized it was too late for apologizes. He would stand there as he saw his internal organs ripped out by the newcomers black glowing hands. The leader’s last words before he died were.

"What in the name of the light are you..."

Then the man’s voice went silent as the night. All of the laughter stopped in the tavern as they all saw what happened, they looked with fear at the robed man and cowered themself from the horrific act he had done. But they all knew deep inside that this was their last minutes together. They saw each other getting slaughtered by him one by one they fell as they tried to defend themself from him. There were women screaming in pain and men ripping out their eyes from their sockets just to make the horror stop and then... Everything just went silent there were body parts laying scattered everywhere. The robed man would brush himself off as if he had fallen into a pile of dirt. He went out from the tavern disappearing into the shadows of the night, leaving behind what used to be a joyful and happy town. Now all that is left is only the memories of what used to be a village.

(This is not one of my characters since I tend to start from scratch so with enough amount of progression a character like this could be possible and keep in mind that it is just peasants and not fierce warriors he is fighting or well slaughtering.)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not really.

And thanks for re-reading my thread ^^ I hope it wasn't that much grammar mistakes this time xD :p
Xander, welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Sweeeeedeeee. I love Scandinavians, you lot are actually that cool. Funnily enough I actually hear that the stereotypical male Swede is very good with computers. Also, don't worry too much about grammar, give it your best shot and you're sure to improve whilst on the server!

Anywho, I'd suggest looking at our rules, policies and guides as a way to get the feel of how things roll 'round these parts. We also have a new player guide you might like to check out around here!

If you have questions, don't hesitate to PM me or ask anyone else on the server, we're all willing to help!

Have fun!
Välkommen Xander ^^ Trevligt att träffas.

CotH is a pleasant place, and yah your grammar's good, don't worry too overly much. (Do we have other Scandinavian people beyond Rowgen?)

Oh and Beer
Thank you for the kind greetings! :D It's fun to be here and I hope we'll get some awesome RP in the Future and trevligt att träffa dig också Holynexus ;)
Isn't Loxxy Swedish?
@ SunThas:

Yes, I am.

Det är alltid trevligt att se fler ramla in. :3