Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Long time WoW player, on and off from Vanilla to Cataclysm. Played on and off on RP servers as well, but the quality of the rp on them always left me a bit disappointed.

I'm a long time Pen and Paper player so I know a thing or two about Rping in general.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Australia, English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Played Warcraft 2 as a child, I basically grew up with the franchise.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
A google search. Felt like getting back into WoW RP and this server seems like exactly what i'm looking for.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Intrigue or just social/tavern type stuff. Partial to trader/merchant rp as well.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human is my favorite race, been a big human fan since WC2. It's a tie between Paladin and Warrior for my favourite class. Loved Paladins since WC2, and that was just intensified in WC3, that said I don't particularly enjoy Paladin RP. Anything armored in general, though, i'm a fan of.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Good quality RP that doesn't make me facepalm.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The profile / introduction system. Keeps the server population a bit more regulated, which is probably why this server is so damn appealing compared to retail RP servers.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The half-light of the early morning was only just creeping in past the mountains as he arrived at the gates of Stormwind. It had been a long, hard journey. He had signed up for guard duty with a caravan and as luck would have it, it had seen him safely to Stormwind. That said, he was eager to leave the caravan guard business behind. A man with his talents was destined for better things. He could change his fortunes in a city like Stormwind, of that he was sure.

He pulled out a crumpled letter from his pack, scanning it. His father had left him very little when he had passed away, only an old blade and a brief letter. The letter instructed him to make his way to Stormwind and seek employment with an old friend of his fathers, an armorer. Being a shop assistant at a blacksmith wasn't the most glamorous career, but it would put food on the table for now. If he wanted to become rich, he needed capitol. He smiled as he made his way to the district of the city known as Old Town. Caravan duty had steeled his resolve to be a better man. He would change his fortunes, one way or another.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Not particularly, hopefully my story is long enough!
Spoiler:
(05-20-2012, 08:16 PM)Edarias Wrote: [ -> ]Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The half-light of the early morning was only just creeping in past the mountains as he arrived at the gates of Stormwind. It had been a long, hard journey. He had signed up for guard duty with a caravan and as luck would have it, it had seen him safely to Stormwind. That said, he was eager to leave the caravan guard business behind. A man with his talents was destined for better things. He could change his fortunes in a city like Stormwind, of that he was sure.
... He smiled as he made his way to the district of the city known as Old Town. Caravan duty had steeled his resolve to be a better man. He would change his fortunes, one way or another.
I've been summoned!

Howdy, Edarias, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server, we're all usually free to help!

I suggest taking a gander at our rules, policies and these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!