Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: DD's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My name is Dana, and I have been referred to many as a 'lore guru' in regards to my time on WoW. Still, this isn't much of a title coming from PVPers. I spend a large majority of my time on WoW Roleplaying, as it simply is an amazing escape. Truthfully, I don't understand why more people wouldn't want to roleplay. Your playing a game to escape your bland existence, yes? Why not take it a step forward?

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from Slovakia, but I have spent most of my life in America. I primarily speak english, and I really wasn't taught much Slovak.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I came on during the Burning Crusade expansion. My friend Curtis told me I should get involved when it came out. However, I never was able to play vanilla since I didn't have a decent computer, and I spent too much of my life under the iron fist of dial up. However, once I (or rather my mother) finally upgraded to high-speed internet, I began my adventure through Azeroth as a draenei. Then I quickly realized I preferred the horde.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I've been roleplaying on WoW for many years now. On another server however. Sadly, the drama that ensued there has literally consumed the site into something that is just an ugly representation of what it use to be. So after a quick google search I came across this site and decided to try my luck.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
To be perfectly frank, I simply enjoy roleplay in general, but that may just be my recent lack of actual roleplaying interaction that is speaking. If I had a choice though, I am not sure what I would prefer. Perhaps something involving the undead, fighting against the fanatical scarlet crusade, and attempting to take tirisfal glades once and for all.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I prefer undead over all other races, they are an interesting husk of there former selves. However, simply because they are dead does not imply they are emotionless like many wish to assume. Quite the opposite in fact, the forsaken are in actuality manipulated bundles of emotions that have simply cracked their sanity in some way. Sure they may be angry, or depressed, or simply irritable, but these are all emotional afflictions. Favorite class on the other hand... I would have to say Warlock, because I lack an imagination when demons are brought into the picture.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are limited, I hope to see a consistent flow of roleplay, perhaps more logical actions in character, and far less out of character chatter. Other than that, I really have no expectations, I just wish to try something new.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The roleplaying rules for the love of all things. Logic, character development, keeping a humility in a character and forcing them to go out and make their own story! Nothing irritates me more than to see someone whip up a story that is clearly a subconscious overly-compensatory manifestation of their own mind. (Meaning: They just wan't to be KeWl)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
To be able to wrap your mind around it. To be able to keep yourself from sinking into a depth of insanity you have never fathomed. To be able to simply accept the fact your dead, is easier said than done, when you feel your aching bones prying yourself up out of your own coffin. The musk that hits your nose, save if you no longer have one, is more than vile. I recall looking down at my body, seeing jagged bones piercing the torn clothing I must have been buried in. My fingers, lost for flesh and a tinted yellow upon the boney surface. Placing a hand to my cheek, and feeling shallow holes. I could touch my teeth through these abominable wounds, and it felt like I had slipped into a nightmare. Bringing myself to stand was the hardest thing I had ever done prior to it. A strange memory burned in my mind, and I could not help but feel that I had deserved this damnation, and that perhaps in some way I was tested by a higher power, and found wanting. If this is what my afterlife held, I would have to continue on, hanging my head in shame, and pray that one day the light would grant me exit, and that I may find peace in this restless unend.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not a whole lot. I sent in an introduction on a separate account, but sadly it was three in the morning when I did it (Draithnel is the name) and I made several mistakes along the way. So, I made a new account the next morning, and hopefully this will be viewed and accepted. Otherwise I love to roleplay, and I am simply excited for this opportunity.
Howdy, Dana, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! (I removed your other introduction in lieu of this one.) If Forsaken are your thing (and what a lovely description you wrote of them!) may I suggest checking out <The Black Harvest> when you get ingame? They're pretty neat!

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server, we're all usually free to help!

I suggest taking a gander at our rules, policies and these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!