Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello there!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hi! My name (well username) is Inkblot, but you can call me Ink or Inky. I am a college student, and an artist pursuing a BFA. Lastly, I am a lovely lady, that's right a GIRL!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am just a standard USA born American, who speaks English, though I took a year or two of German that's pretty faded by now.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I first got into it when Wrath of the Lich King, and my brother an I shared an account. I actually only played for a little while, I got to level twenty or so on one or two characters, but I didn't enjoy the grinding so I pretty much petered off. Recently I've learned about rp servers and whatnot and been itching to get back into things. I learned about this place so I thought I'd try things out again!

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I found you via my roommate who has been a member for a long while! I think I'm most drawn to the rp aspect (though the free aspect doesn't hurt!) as what first weakened my

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I've done mostly forum and AIM style rps, and I've been doing it for a looong time. I've most recently been much more into survival horror type stuff, but that's certainly not my only style and I enjoy almost ever kind of rp.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'm a nature and animal lover, so I gotta say druids are my favorite class in concept, though not necessarily to play. Asking me to pick my favorite race is like asking me to pick my favorite child, though I will say my first character ever was draenei.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Oh I don't know, I'm awfully excited! I hope there will be some awesome rp for me to take part in!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect is a biggie for me, though also, pretty standard. Of your rules that are a little less standard, I really enjoy that you stressed the IC vs OOC boundaries, as I have had bad run ins and heard many a horror tale about people who confuse IC and OOC and have had fall outs.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Xander slipped through the mostly empty streets. Dusk had fallen and folk had retreated to their houses and homes. Oxen snorted as carts were packed and settled away. They were busy, and tired, and distracted; it was the perfect time to steal a few trinkets and coins and slip away with no-one the wiser. Xander hovered like a wraith, blue-grey eyes flicking back and forth as he watched.

Finally one of the merchants moved over to talk to his neighbor, and Xander made his move. He walked forward, keeping his walk brisk and determined. People never asked what you were doing if you looked like you had places to go, walked like you belonged there without hesitation or nervousness. It was easier to slip past people in plain sight than being obvious in your guilt. He neared the cart, brushing past it with a quick sweep of his hand he grabbed a fistful of the dried fruits the man had been selling from a basket and continued on without breaking stride once. His hand slipped into his pocket easily and he glanced over quickly. Another wagon was left briefly unattended, and Xander altered his path slightly towards it.

"Hey!" the voice was sharp, accusing, and came from behind Xander. Xander didn't let his sudden nervousness show on his face, and kept walking as if he had no idea he was being addressed. "HEY!" the gruff voice of the merchant was angry now, and the moment Xander heard the pounding of footsteps against the ground, Xander bolted dashing into the shadows of the night and into the streets he knew so well.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope! I don't think so!
PICK YOUR FAVORITE CHILD! PICK IT RIGHT NOW!
+5 points if it's a gnome.

Aaaanywho! Howdy, Inkster, I'm Caravan (fellow lady and nature-lover) and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server, we're all usually free to help! You didn't list your roommate who's also a member here (I'm very curious!) but I hope that they will be a resource to you as well.

I suggest taking a gander at our rules, policies and these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!
Hallo, willkommem 'Conquest of the Horde'!
Not the children NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!

But anyways, thank you both! Ah, yes I do realize now that I never mentioned who referred me here, my roommie is Esthrunil!
\o/ Welcome!