Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Queluna's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I've been roleplaying for probably over ten years. I've done it in numerous games, including Everquest, Everquest II, World of Warcraft, Star Wars Galaxies, Age of Conan, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Lord of the Rings Online, Eve Online, Neverwinter Nights I and II, Vindictus, Dungeons and Dragons Online, The Old Republic and others. I like doing tabletop roleplaying, as well, like Dungeons and Dragons style things.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I come from the United States of America and speak English as my primary and only language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I used to play it through the first expansion, since a little after release, going on and off with it every now and then. I haven't played it for quite a long time, now, though. I just got into it after it came out, moving on from Everquest, Everquest II and Star Wars Galaxies.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

A friend of mine and I were both talking about how we'd like to still play World of Warcraft, but didn't miss certain aspects of it as a game. This would be fixed through a private server oriented around roleplaying, though!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy all types of roleplay, aside from most anime-inspired personalities that might be ridiculously cute, ditzy or all-around silly.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I like the nightelf huntress. Ever since playing Warcraft III, I thought that Tyrande and the Sentinels were totally awesome. I liked that they were kind of like amazonian warriors, but with a respect for nature and balance and whatnot, as well.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I'm just hoping to find people that are interested in serious, in-depth roleplays as opposed to the really... bad ones that you find, if you could ever even find any, on the designated roleplay servers that WoW had.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The fact that people are required to roleplay is what appeals to me the most. I'm having high hopes that people won't just run about trying to grind, figuring they can roleplay later when they feel like it, or when they're 'ready' for it.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

It was late during the night, when the full moon had reflected the light of the sun down onto the woods of Ashenvale below, when the huntress stalked through the wilds. She could see the dimly burning embers of a dying fire off in the distance. She could hear the snores, the grunts and the groans of her prey. She could smell their filth. They were defilers of the woods, and she took it upon herself to see them eliminated.

Though to many the woods had seemed silent save for the few sounds the huntress could make out, it was a howl of pain that signaled the beginnings of her battle. An orc cried out, blood rising from his pierced belly to spill out his mouth, an arrow from the huntress' bow stuck inside of him. Another hit him moments later, accomplishing what the previous one hadn't, to kill the orc.

The orc's companions rose to their feet quickly, awakened by the howl, looking to their fallen companion and being unsure from what direction the arrow had come. Another howl sounded out as an arrow plunged itself into the spine of one of the alarmed creatures, and his companions looked in the direction the arrow had come from, unable to see the nightelf huntress under the cover of darkness, but roaring out angrily as they charged in her direction, hoping to face their unseen opponent head on.

An orc fell to his knees as a large arrow plunged into his thigh. He tried to stand continue his charge, moving slower than he had before. His companions ran faster than he, and when there was a short distance between they and himself, he felt a heavy weight against his side, knocking him down onto the ground. Before he knew what had hit him, he felt the fangs of a large nightsabre dig into his neck, claws viciously ripping his chest apart.

His companions turned around upon hearing his death cries, running back to save their companion. As they turned to combat the cat, the feline swiftly ran away, outmanuevering the cumbersome orcs. They could do nothing for their companion, left dead and soaked in a pool of his own blood. Another cry rang out, then, as an arrow caught an orc in his arm, causing him to drop his weapon.

Continually pelted by arrows, and with a swift nightsabre dancing in circles around their small warband, the orcs could do little but run. The huntress and her companion followed after them, arrows fired into the backs of the fleeing orcs, and a nightsabre pouncing upon the slow and weak, or any foolish enough to break off from the main group. By the end of the night, only three orcs of the band of twenty-some were able to make it out of those dark woods, and one of them had collapsed, dead, of his mortal wounds before he could make it back home.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Not really!
Queluna, welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Your name is kind of funny to me. Que means something close to 'What' in Spanish as far as I am aware and 'Luna' is, well, moon. Funny name for an Elf lover! But, yes, people here are encouraged to RP but by no means do we force people to do so. If someone doesn't wish to RP, they don't have to, but we do have limitations set in place so people don't join this server for the sole purpose to grind (like the level 50 limitation for unapproved characters). None the less, you should find exactly what you want here, good, in-depth RP!

Anywho, I'd suggest looking at our rules, policies and guides as a way to get the feel of how things roll 'round these parts. We also have a new player guide you might like to check out around here!

If you have questions, don't hesitate to PM me or ask anyone else on the server, we're all willing to help!

Have fun!
*cough*Welcome to the Cavern Club!
Hello! I'm a fellow newbie to the site but oldy to rp like yourself and thought I'd say hi! I thought your story was well written and I'm looking forward to seeing you around! >w<