Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Leethe Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've played a lot on the retail servers, and role played as a variety of characters. I always tend to lean towards healers, particularly holy ones like priests and paladins. After having raided and pvp'd for a while, I wanted to get back into role playing more.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States, English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend from Warcraft 3 asked me if I wanted to play it with her, I didn't know what I was getting myself into.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
A friend of mine (not to be confused with the unnamed friend in the above answer) found the server and asked me to join it at the same time. =)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy Comedy, Plot-Based, and Adult role playing the most. I usually find meet-and-greet role playing tiresome, because small talk gets repetitive very quickly.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human/ Priest. It was my longest main on the retail server, and I got very far with it. I love the feeling of being a human in a fantasy world, and priests are great for me in feel and in game play. A priest can heal and mend bodies and souls, but they can also use psychic powers and darkness to slay their enemies.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I think it should be a fun place to meet people, and a good place to RP with my friends.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Why would a rule appeal to me? =P
Although, reading the part about not accepting introductions that included parts about important lore characters seemed like a good way to force people to define their character without a crutch.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Gloria leaned back against the wall behind her, blushing and looking around the underground crypt nervously. Her guardian had vanished in a puff of smoke... It'd take a powerful demon to do that, much more powerful than the undead she'd destroyed with her holy magic moments ago.

"Where are you?" She asks, quietly... Hoping that she wouldn't get an answer, and talking in a whisper would make that more likely right? She shook her head at her own foolishness, trembling with fear. Gloria always felt helpless without her guardian... She could never bring herself to hurt any living creature. The undead were the only targets she ever used her magic on.

Just then, Gloria felt a hand pushing against her shoulder, holding her against the stone wall behind her. A pale elven woman's face materialized in front of her, with a devious grin. The woman was wearing long, dark blue robes, and had the look of a mage with a long iron staff across her back. She spoke slowly "Well... what have we here? You must be the one who killed my skeletons. Troublesome... But without your warrior to protect you, you're just a little kitten aren't you?"

Gloria gasped, trying to move away along the wall and swallowing nervously. A mage that could go invisible? It sounded like something out of her league already... She looks over towards the exit, and then back at the mage in front of her and stammers. "D-don't make me hurt you! I don't need him to keep myself safe!"

It turned out, she was a terrible liar. As always. The mage just laughed, snapping her fingers and encasing Gloria's body in a block of solid ice, with a startled expression on the priestess's frozen face. "Sure you don't. I'm sure he'll take quite a while to get back here, so we have plenty of time to bring you back to my master... In one piece, even. He'll be thrilled to have the company..." She trails off ominously, starting to cast her portal.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
How accurate is the likeness to real servers? Do bosses function properly and such?

Also, how accommodating are GMs if I have a whimsical request like wanting an item for transmog that I can't get to drop? (or just an outfit, if transmog isn't functioning on this server)
Leethe, welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Gotta love people who start their Warcraft debut within Warcraft 3, I can relate to them! To answer your questions, our server is relatively alike real servers save for the levelling restriction for unapproved characters and the increased rates. Don't expect bosses to work perfectly or too well, there are many bugs we're not too worried about fixing as we're focused on RP here. Also, GMs are rather accommodating! We don't have transmog here due to the fact we're still in WotLK but we do have commands that allow you to get any clothing/weapon in the game without stats or level restrictions in order to create an outfit which suits your character perfectly!

Anywho, I'd suggest looking at our rules, policies and guides as a way to get the feel of how things roll 'round these parts. We also have a new player guide you might like to check out around here!

If you have questions, don't hesitate to PM me or ask anyone else on the server, we're all willing to help!

Have fun!