Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Updater.exe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, so I'm trying to dive into patching from 2.4.3 to 3.3.5a.

I've downloaded the 2.4.3 to 3.0.1 from The Patches Scrolls and the contents of my folder are:

Installer Tome 2.mpq
Installer Tome 3. mpq
Installer Tome.mpq

The directions ask me to place these contents in C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft then run updater.exe, which should just be in the World of Warcraft folder, but alas! I don't even have updater.exe. When I tried to solve this for myself, I found that this is apparently a common problem.

I there anywhere anyone knows I can get updater.exe? I tried a few different torrents, however none of them actually downloaded. Any help would be appreciated.

Btw, it's EU. NA doesn't work for me. :(
Welp, I'm not sure how to fix that.

If you'd prefer to download the direct folder itself for the patch we're currently on you can use this torrent found here.
Yeah, I think at this point I give up. I've got another hour on the whole shebang.

Woulda been nice to know. /sigh

Thanks anyway though, BountyHunter.
Ehh.. hi!

From what you wrote there I take that you are planning to patch all the way from TBC to WotLK. That infact will take quite a lot providing that you got a lot of patches to apply and they aren't the smallest out there, the download speed also varies with every place you get the patches from, if you even find all the patches in one site there's a chance for some links to be broken.

However! Fear not because there -is- another solution which doesn't involve spending hours looking for patches and stressing yourself with ''What patch shall I put now?''. If you didn't see the thread already in the download section of the forums. There's this thread made by Kretol one of our admins. The thread contains a torrent file which you can use freely! It contains the 3.3.5a version of WoW. Afterwards you need to simply change the realmlist to

Quote:set realmlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com
set patchlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com

After that you shall be ready!

I hope it helps. Welcome to CoTH!

-Edit: Fixed a typo, derp.
Sorum,

Yes, I've been downloading the whole thing. I gave up on patching.
Thanks for trying to - Oh my god you play League! Mah summoner name is Kârisma. :3

Thanks for helping though. I've got it all fixed now. :)
Glad I could help!

Also added if you are the one on NA! We should play some time.