Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Snow's Amazing Introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hmn, how to describe...myself? Why would you want to know about me, I'm so boring. Okay, in all seriousness describing myself is rather hard. I enjoy RP a lot and some freedom is nice but to much leads to chaos. So, I came to CotH, but that story should be saved for the story section. So, my name is David and I primarily RP allaince, but I'll do Forsaken and Orcs as well, and people often say I can roll trolls very well.

I'm a rather enthusiastic guy and people say I'm TOO nice and forgiving. I enjoy forming RP and social guilds and getting to know the person behind the character. So, that's about it.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I hail from The United States, the great state of Texas to be exact. Don't expect me to speak with an accent or say strange slang, it seems like when I say "Texas" people go, " You must be a hill-Billy." but I'm not.

My primary language is English but I'm attempting to learn German as well.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I got into Warcraft for the RP to be honest. In my younger years I was the leader of a moderator sized RP Clan in... Runescape. Let's be honest, everybody played that game at one point in time, right? So basically my friend showed me Freedom WoW and I became an addict.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Oh, god. I don't even remember how I found out about this server, I think I was born knowing about it. In reality I probably stumbled across it at one point but didn't pay much attention to it. The thing that finally caused me to come and check it out was the fact that the freedom of other servers seemed to almost ruin RP for me. I have been in search of a server with the perfect balance of freedom and control.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I would say all types but that's not entirely true, roll battles make me mad after a while, and people who only to tavern RP also bore me, but to keep things realistic my characters don't have adventures and get into fights every day, the average day for my characters is well... Average. Visit the tavern talk with friends, and every now and than, go and fight a dragon or something.

I also dislike it when people lol-port to where to RP is, have a reason, get a group and RP out the traveling, even if it takes awhile.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I mostly RP humans, simply because I find it easier to get into character than, but I also enjoy Orcs, Forsaken and High Elfs/Half Elfs. I have never ever been a fan of Blood Elf RP, it just seems....odd.

Class wise I seem to RP swordsmen a lot, not a heavy warrior, but skillful swordsmen. I also enjoy RPing the social class system in the Human Kingdoms, with Lords and stuff.

What are your expectations of this server?:

To be honest, rather high. I have high expectations when it comes to the player base and the staff. I have and will leave servers if the player base is full of jerks and trolls, or if the staff is abusive or inactive, so impress me CotH.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

After spending a lot of time going through the rules and processing all of them I'd have to say I like the statement ICA=ICC, I have a quick story for you guys.

On a previous server I was RPing with this guy who said in his TRP that he was a famous slaver and an upcoming Necromancer, this was all well and fine in of itself, because at the time we were in neutral territory, but our two characters ended up becoming friends, and later enemies. My character decided to go to Stormwind on business, so this person lol-ported to Stormwind and started walking around, challenged my character to a duel and summoned undead, about 30 paces outside of Stormwind, now this made no sense. We were standing maybe 10 paces from a guard, and Necromancy is illegal, yes?

When I brought this up with him he shrugged it off and Shot my character in the leg ICly, and gunshots can be heard, yes?

So end of story, that rule is nice.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Okay, another story? Well, I might swell tell MY story.

It all started two or so years ago, I was fresh out if the evil demonic addiction that is Runescape and my friend Torrin was busy convincing me to try Freedom WoW, I was thrilled to try it, because what could go wrong. I played on that server for a few months during the argent crusade/tourney era under the OOC name of, " DarkerLight ".

After awhile I got bored of said server and of RP in general, so I went back to grinding levels on a variety of games, including Forsaken World, LotRO and various WoW bliss Ike servers. I still did a lot of Forum RP because I'm just that nerdy. After a year my need for RP was too much and I joined a server called Paragon WoW where I lived and still half live under the name " InconspiciousBanana ".

The RP was nice there, I guess. But with freedom also comes chaos, and this was soon evident to me. People instantly progressed their characters to near god like proportions, and were disrespectful to everyone, including staff.

So, now here I am, up to the point where I am as of now.
G'day! I'm Sachiko and I'm here to tell you that you have been approved! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

I'd suggest looking over our fun rules and policies, read our fun Wiki, and check out our FAQs if you have any questions! And if there's something you can't quite figure out, feel free to ask me anything!

A Texan, huh? McKnighter here is from Texas also and I chastise him constantly. Why? I'm from your great neighbor Louisiana! I think there are a couple other Texans around here too. Like Saetik.

You'll have luck finding RP here. And if someone tries summoning 30+ corpses some ten paces away from a Stormwind Guard, go ahead and inform a GM. There's all sorts of rules being broken there.

And Blood Elf RP being off? Pshaw. Blood Elves are my personal favorite, but hey, to each their own, right?
(05-26-2012, 09:44 AM)SachikoMaeda Wrote: [ -> ]G'day! I'm Sachiko and I'm here to tell you that you have been approved! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

I'd suggest looking over our fun rules and policies, read our fun Wiki, and check out our FAQs if you have any questions! And if there's something you can't quite figure out, feel free to ask me anything!

A Texan, huh? McKnighter here is from Texas also and I chastise him constantly. Why? I'm from your great neighbor Louisiana! I think there are a couple other Texans around here too. Like Saetik.

You'll have luck finding RP here. And if someone tries summoning 30+ corpses some ten paces away from a Stormwind Guard, go ahead and inform a GM. There's all sorts of rules being broken there.

And Blood Elf RP being off? Pshaw. Blood Elves are my personal favorite, but hey, to each their own, right?

Thanks, and are you related to Meada, from Freedom?

Also, yay active staff members!

I won't be on for a few days because my internet kind of exploded.
Sadly I've never been to Freedom. I've heard of it though. Safe to say all my WoW RP started here on CotH.

And our staff's quite active! If you need one in game, just use our nifty command ".gm ingame" and it'll pull up a list of GMs that are online. If you can't get one in game, you can always submit a ticket or PM one on the forums (just look for a green or blue name). If you're uneasy about bothering one of them, let me know what's up and I can get ahold of 'em.

And I know that feel. At my house I'm limited with dialup. Gotta make due with what I've got though.
I actually have amazing internet, it just...you know...stopped working.
..... Did you try hitting it?
A few times actually, it just started smoking some.
Well that can't be too good. Internet's not supposed to make smoke?... Or is it?

Fun story. Back in the late 70s when the Apple /// was released, Steve Jobs though it was a good idea to put in no fans or air vents. It was notorious for overheating so much, components would pop out of place. Call tech support and they'd tell you to pick the computer up and drop it about three inches above your desk. Was the only time in history I know that "just hit it" could actually work.
That a very interesting story, and a very very awesome computer, I want it!
As do I! I've been saving up for an Apple /// for quite some time. Working ones are sought after by classic Mac collectors such as myself. I mean, just look at that design. I've got the monitor, now I just need the computer itself!
Its so purteh!
I think I'll make a thread on my Mac collecting adventures. Maybe there's other Mac collectors here. One can only hope...
Nobody loves me except Maeda! *sob*
(05-26-2012, 10:41 AM)SachikoMaeda Wrote: [ -> ]Well that can't be too good. Internet's not supposed to make smoke?... Or is it?

Fun story. Back in the late 70s when the Apple /// was released, Steve Jobs though it was a good idea to put in no fans or air vents. It was notorious for overheating so much, components would pop out of place. Call tech support and they'd tell you to pick the computer up and drop it about three inches above your desk. Was the only time in history I know that "just hit it" could actually work.

Actually, some problems with XBOX360's disc drive can also be solved by gently hitting the top of the console. A friend of mine also has a TV where the picture is sometimes shrunk down to a thin line and the only way to fix it is to give it a little slap.
That's only a little bit more awesome, Maeda where might I buy one of these Mac ///s?
Pages: 1 2