Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Prince of Grues: Beta Edition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So, as many some of you may have noticed, I haven't been skulking around on the server lately.

Well, the reason is that I've acquired access to the Beta! And I've been having a blast as of so far, as any sane person should when coming across new content in a game they enjoy. Not only this, but I've been leveling up my characters Live-side so that I can actually participate more with my friends who've recently joined up, and to be better prepared for Live-Side Expansion.

So, ask me all the questions you'd like about Death Knights. Just nothing on Northrend yet, because the farthest I've been there is some area that I can't even remember the name of. Some things to throw out are:

The music is even better.
The Barber shop's cost is affordable!
Death Knights are -really- fun to play, though need some balancing.
Sylvannas finally had a model change, and it's gorgeous.
Players will notice a difference in graphics when viewing new models for WoTLK. I can only hope they go back and touch up previous models/objects/areas in the same way.
Krent would be really happy with the Death Knight starting area, as it plays off of his ideal of "Affecting The World."
I refuse to believe that anything involving Death Knights would make me happy.
Agreed. Though I'm excited about the barber shop, and the new graphics. And the forward-movement of the dwarven storyline.
I'm very curious about the whole "affecting the world" thing. It just doesn't seem like something that a game that, let's face it, focuses fairly strongly on repetitive raiding could pull off.

I miiiight be a just a tad interested in the Drakkari and this neutral troll tribe I keep hearing about, too. Just a tad. Y'know.

Also, yay for the barber shop, although some of them (okay, a lot of them) make me cringe.
Blizzard did an exceedingly (Surprisingly) good job of handling Lore in the Death Knight starting area, not to mention the end of the starter quest string at Light's Hope Chapel.

And I mean, Krent, that they're using your idea of affecting the world. Just not permanently. As you progress through the Death Knight starting area, it changes in real time in according to your progress through the quests. It's hard to describe, as it's some completely new method of changing the world without any loading screens... Or some such.

Death Knight as a class is just simply too much fun. The three talent trees do a good job of catering to individual play styles. It's sure to be overpowered when the expansion arrives, but nerfs will obviously be implemented. It's a pretty overused tactic of Blizzard's.
You can spill out every shred of info on the Drakkari and Zul'drak that you learn for me! LOL
Gorgeous Sylvannas model? Thank god she doesn't do night elf bounces anymore... Hehe.... I'm going to love this expansion. ~_~ Dalaran, lots of mountains and ice, hair styles, being able to use mounts... :D Yipee!
If you troll experts can inform me where exactly these factions are supposedly located in the expansion, I'll gladly go seek them out and see the goodies they have to offer. Lore/RP-wise, of course.

I have not seen any new hair styles on Beta as of yet. They just offer the ability to change your appearance completely. Hair, Face, Facial Features. Maybe my old undead warrior can finally find his jaw.

Can't wait to get to Dalaran, personally. And the mounts are... the one thing I'm angered about. They're making you pay 1,000 gold to fly in Northrend, which means that you'll be paying 6,200g if you don't even have your artisan flying from Outland. Really, really stupid. Like we need ANOTHER money sink.
Whhhaaaaat?! No new hair styles, and more gold rip offs?!.... Sniff.  Atleast theres Dalaran.
Zul'drak is the eastern most zone of Northrend, between the storm peeks and....that timber maw zone. I've suspected that the Zandalar trolls may actually be involved with something there, as there where models present with the coloration the Zandalar trolls usually have.
It's more than likely they'll implement more in the Expansion, just not in Beta. After reading through most of the Beta forums, I've actually developed much more faith in Blizzard's method of progress and the Blizzard Staff in general. They've been nothing but informative and they are indeed listening to the cries of the people. But it's obvious that the cosmetics of the game are not on high priority, so don't expect them to cater to the RP community.

We were lucky Blizzard even labeled servers with the RP tag in the first place. Once you give something to someone, it's never enough. Though I'm not ignorant to some of the things that are easily fix-able, either.

My faith in Blizzard has been uplifted by the Beta, either way.

And I'll look into it, Sersay.
Nice shots! Thank you very much for sharing them!
If you guys have anymore requests for certain areas, be sure to tell me. Dalaran is very pretty, and has much potential for this server whenever we upgrade to it. The same goes for Zul'Drak, it even has a completely empty Necropolis floating about for no particular reason. Unfinished, me'thinks.
Thanks! There beautiful shots and im all the more giddy about the expansion! Heeee!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5