Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction , SarionShadow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
As one of the few female gamers, i play all the games that interest me. Sometimes i am serious and hardcore, but most of the times i am fun and simply want to have a good time.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am Greek, my primary language is of course greek, but my english is at Proficency level meaning i am entitled to teach english.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My first contact with the world of warcraft was from a gamer magazine giving away a Warcraft 2 Game. My contact with World of Warcraft was when it first came out in Europe. I was one of the first to buy it.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?: I simply want to roleplay. The truth is , i typed Roleplay servers on Google and you were one of the top choices so i thought there had to be a reason for that.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy roleplaying as a whole. When i roleplay i forget about who i am in real life and become my character. My choices are his or hers. To put it simply, i love and enjoy all kinds of roleplaying since i doubt one can get a complete experience from just one kind.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I dont really have a favourite race and class. Maybe i had once, but i left WoW some time ago dew to studies and lack of money. But since the question is definite, i could say that i like Paladins and Blood elves because of their artistic design.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to find a place i will want to come back to. A place where i will drop any other gaming choice just to be there.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I cannot find a rule that would be complete without the rest. All of them are necessary to run a roleplaying server and a gaming community in general. I trust in the rules. They leave you enough freedom to do anything you want, while retaining order in the community.
Since i have( and want) to choose one, i would say the paragraph that says , dont make your character stronger than the rest, in addition with, know when to quite.
Losing in roleplaying creates a whole new bunch of doors for ones character thus being stronger and winning fights is simply the path of those that want to simply be better than the rest. I believe in synergy

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
OOC: I will provide two stories, one that shows my general prowress as rper, releasing my full potential, and a second which will be limited , meaning that it will be an example of in-game rp in which you have to create a decent if not great paragraph while not making the rest wait for too long.

1st:
These woods feel like home for Eleana. The rest of her race prefer the hard ,cold , magically infused stone from wich they build their homes and cities. She did not know if it was the fact she was a hunter that made herself shiver everytime her feet would not touch the green soft grass. She never minded being alone but she would never say no to company, especially the company of her one and only ally Tarichor, the 'beast' which she herself tamed in order to advance in the ranks of hunters and Blood elves alike. He was a noble creature, a saber cat able to penetrate the enemy's skin and armor in one single swipe of his claw. With a growl he could make even a seasoned warrior make second thoughts. Still he was less feared than Eleana's poison drippin arrows. She was a master in poison making and alchemy in general which made her want to know nature even better for she had great benefit from such a friendship and bond.
It was time for her to move forward, she did not have time to sit and look at the sky. Oh how much she love sthe sky! Sometimes she even wished she was born a noble gryphon or a fierce dragon , just so that she could feel the air smack her face and mix up her long shiny-blonde hair, a symbol of her people the blood elves.
Without another moment to hesitate she stood up and called for her loyal friend.
"Agh!"
She shouted with a thin feminine voice. She felt a sharp pain passing down her spine as she felt an arrow pierce her back. Thankfully her sturdy leather armor probably prevented the arrow from passing throught her fragile-looking body. She did not hesitate and drew her bow , shooting directly towards the west, the direction from which the arrow came from. She did not hear anything and her feline companion stood ready to jump towards the uknown enemy.
This time she saw it coming, she heard the arrow pierce the air and create that familiar wistling sound. However what made herself fear was the fact it came from the oposite direction.
"There are two of them." She cursed wispering to herself. She commanded the cat to go into the woods and start searching. Eleana knew Tarichor would find at least one of the adversaries and that it was only a matter of time before a limb would be sent back to her by the oversized cat.
She smiled , the thrill of a good hide-and-seek in the place she could call home...
It would be her victory....another one for in the woods noone could beat her.

2nd: "There is no time to lose!" Lore' thar screamed, trying to catch his breath before grasping on his allies arm.
"They are getting too close and i am getting too weak, i am a Paladin but i cannot fight so many undead at once fool!" She shouted again trying to motivate the man to stand up on his own two feet. He looked around and noticed that more of the walking dead were closing in. Grasping on his hammer he smited two of them before smashing another group of three with his massive pure iron 'Lightbringer' as he named the weapon after.
He looked back realising the man would follow he started tactically purging the undead to create a safe path towards the exit.
It was too late for him to notice there was no escape. He told the man to stand behind his and grasped his hammer preparing himself for the fight.
After 3 hours of endless fighting , the shadow engulfed both him and the man.
"Rise...''
He heard a sinister dark voice call to him.
"Rise my Death Knight, you once served the light, but now you will serve the darkness...."
There was no sound, no movement just one voice that broke the silence.
" I am your tool to use, Lich King."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope everything will go smoothly with my WoW setup, cause i cannot wait to jam with you guys. I want to feel the thrill that once kept my wallet empty and my mind filled!
G'day! I'm Sachiko and I'm here to tell you that you have been approved! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

I'd suggest looking over our fun rules and policies, read our fun Wiki, and check out our FAQs if you have any questions! And if there's something you can't quite figure out, feel free to ask me anything!

Oooh, Greek? That's pretty nifty! I don't think I've seen many other Greeks around. And it takes quite a bit to be able to teach English.

Blood Elves are my personal favorite. While I can't really play a paladin all too well, I love playing with the other classes available :D

And if you can't seem to find a little nook for yourself (which is highly unlikely since you like Blood Elves), feel free to contact me!
Thank you for your welcome. I just installed WoW and i will soon be patching it to the necessary update in order to log into the server after thinking of a char to create.

The fact that you dont see so many greeks around is possibly because they are more interested in everything but rping.

Also i noticed that you are quite the artist Mister Maeda. Which i can say i am too at some point(since i want to go to a graphic arts university) However i mostly deal with (real) objects and stuff like that for now. I am very interested in sketching stuff but i am at the point where i use what picasso said to learn.
" A bad artist copies , a good arist steals"
Meaning i am copying other people's work ( pencil) with nothing more than my own two eyes ( aint that AMAZIN?)
trying to figure out their techniques in order to create one of my own.

Anyway, i am sure i will be welcomed here. Thank you for reviewing my introduction.
Quote:As one of the few female gamers, i play all the games that interest me.

31% of all adult gamers are female. So, we're getting there... About 1/3 of every adult on the interwebs is female.

Not so few now, huh?