Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A Few Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These are just a few questions I have so far about the server and site, I apolegise the answers to these questions can already be found on the site.

First question, The Horde and Alliance can talk to each other, yes? Does that mean you can find Orcs in Stormwind walking around and Gnomes in Thunderbluff?

Second question, is there any value in roleplaying a thief?

Third question, are there primarily more players on the Horde?

Fourth and final, what roleplay addons to people use on this server, if any.

Oh and right now I am having heaps of difficulty in down patching to 3.3.5 from 4.3.4, any help on that would also be appreciated.

Factions can speak to each other, but they cannot enter each others territories still. The language understanding is simply so everyone has that much more RP available to them.

Sadly, most people teleport to where they need to go, so playing a thief is pretty hard. However, there's good RP for one if you sign up for Cressy's Dafies event!

There are more characters on the alliance side, but RP between each faction tends to balance out. It's all a matter of who starts up where on what day.

TRP2 or FlagRSP are the main addons that people use for role-play!

Sadly I'm not the most techy person, so I cannot help you with the down patching issue. I apologize!
By my understanding, you can't down-patch from Cataclysm to Wrath of the Lich King.

Luckily Kretol has put up a torrent that allows you to download WotLK and is on the exact patch you need to play on Conquest of the Horde.

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...3-5a-12340
Also, if you're thinking of a more city-based thief, I.E. Pickpocket, then you'll have plenty of business in places like Booty Bay.
If you wish to RP a thief, going the way of highwaymen is not a recommended way to go unless you arrange for RPers prior to have it occur. The reason for this is that due to our Portals allowing players to teleport to wherever they wish to RP at any time, you'll almost never find real-time travelling unless the RPers are actually RPing going from one place to another (usually for an event). For the most part, it's best to play the thief in a city location, as Reigen recommended.

However, regardless of the scenario, you must ask permission from the other player if it's okay for their character to be subjected to theft. Don't worry about ruining the element of surprise--we players take the distinction between IC and OOC very seriously, as we try to keep everything fun and consensual in every aspect of RP.

As for addons, in addition to TRP2 and FlagRSP, some players also use GHI and, I believe, Outfitter.

Alliance characters and RP tend to dominate the RP population, but that doesn't mean there is few or little Horde players--in fact, we have several players who are almost exclusively Horde, and yet at the same time, exclusively Alliance. As Reigen said, it's all a matter of the time and who starts RP, and either Horde and Alliance-only RP can start in waves. RP here in COTH at times occur in trends, usually due to events organized by GMs. If you wish for factional RP, you can always check out the Personals, Storylines, and Event Planning forums and see what's available :).

Use the link Spiralin provided and make another WoW folder if you wish to keep your Cataclysm patches. Good luck, and I hope you make it into our server!
Perhaps one of the easiest ways to get started on COTH and find the role play you're looking for is by browsing the Guilds section of the forum. There's bound to be a group of role players that offer some if not all the type of role play you're looking for. Just drop the poster of the guild page a private message saying that you're interested in joining.

Immy is also organizing a Guild Recruitment Day, though criminal and evil organizations are going to be hard to find there.

Many thanks, that was all very helpful :)