Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction - xCommunistSquid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: I am a big fan of MMORPGs and shooters. I currently play a lot of Battlefield 3.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: I was born and currently live in the United States of America, Florida. My primary language is English, I'm also learning Russian.

How did you get into Warcraft?: My brother got me into Warcraft when WOW came out. He came home one day and installed it, and I watched him play. The next day he let me play. I made a Tauren Hunter and I fell in love with Warcraft.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?: I found you while looking for RP private server. I found a few servers with an RP guild or two on them but CotH is the only fully dedicated RP private server that I found.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: I have been in multiple roleplays on many different games all having different lore. I have to say that I have had the most fun in a open world RP that appears similar to CotH but on RDR instead of WOW.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: My favorite race is Orc. After playing WOW, Warhammer Online, Dawn of War, and Warhammer 40k: Space Marine there is no way anyone could not love them. They destroy their enemies or bum rush with every soldier they can find! My favorite class is Death Knight. I love the Death Knight’s story of betrayal and redemption. (Referring to the betrayal of the Lich King and then the {Death Knights} redeeming themselves by fighting the Scourge)

What are your expectations of this server?: I look forward to a fun, fair roleplay community. I expect this to a be headache free RP. (Meaning not point less OOC fighting, feuds)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: The rule on Maturity appeals greatly to me because I have been the victim of many childish roleplays. I have been in many RPs where people have hunted my character down and attempted to kill him just because

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Evening was just setting as Orna drew his sword and roared "Lok'tar ogar!" His voice is joined by the war cry of 40 other orc warriors and a few Stonemaul clan ogres.

They all charge the fort on Theramore Isle.

The fort rushes to lockdown at the sight of the charging enemy. Archers pile to the wall with bows in hand. About 15 Human soldiers run out of the fort and form a blockade upon the bridge in front of the fort. A giant wooden door closes behind them.

As the orcs and ogres meet with the Humans on the bridge, the archers upon the walls of the fort rain salvo after salvo of arrows on the bridge. Most arrows bounce off of the orcs armor, but those orcs that are wounded by arrows are consumed by bloodlust and don't notice.

Orna on the far left side off the bridge charges at a scared greenhorn soldier. He beats the human's sword out of his hand and grabs the greenhorn. He then throws him at another soldier even closer to the edge and knocks them both off of the bridge.

With the archers being of little effect the Fort Commander orders that they grab boxes of Saronite Bombs and rain hell down on the invaders.

An ogre grabbed one of the humans and began to pummel three other humans with the first. The other orcs and ogres slaughtered the rest of the blockade.

The archers began throwing the Saronite bombs at a group of orcs and an ogre on the right side of the bridge. The bombs blew the orcs and the bridge to bits, and set an ogre on fire. The ogre roared in pain and then fall atop two orcs and crushed them. A few of the ogres stopped in their path.

Orna turned toward them and yelled "Lok'tar ogar! Keep moving!" He then charged the fort gate followed by the remaining orcs and ogres.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: Is there a forum or video explaining the proper procedures for IC and OOC chat.
Howdy, Squid, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! though we could always use more orcs, I was really looking forward to hunting them down and killing them for no reason. (Kidding, I promise!)

As for your closing question, I don't believe we have a specific place for it other than the rules, etc. However, as a rule of thumb (and something I found out by being corrected!), is to keep OOC chatter out of /say unless you are in Hyjal/OOCcavern. Keep the OOCC chatter clean/PG-13 (no swearing, inappropriate topics, etc) and if someone asks [politely!] asks you to not discuss a topic [that can be offensive] try to kindly respect that.

ICly, just about anything can be said barring that it is not too modern or offensive. By the latter, I mean if a member of your party takes issue with it, I'd suggest both revert to Rule #1 in addressing that concern!

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server, we're all usually free and willing to help!

I suggest taking a gander at our rules, policies and these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!
Congratulations Squid! I can't wait to RP with you!