Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Greetings all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Role playing wise, I haven't role played in quite some time, so I am looking to get back into the swing of things and this sounds like a good opportunity.
I usually play a variety of characters with different personalities, but tend to have an adaptive character that I change to different RP stories.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Australia.
I can only speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend gave me one of those free trials and got me into it

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Heh, Googled Role play Servers, this was first and foremost on the list, I asked some people in my server about it and got some nice feedback.

What kinds of role play do you enjoy?:
This and that, ones that have a good plot interest me, but ones that are improvised along the way can be quite good, provided people know what they are doing.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Tauren Druid.
Why? Feral spec, absolutely love playing as a cat, you'll rarely see me out of that form, hehe, also using the restoration side of the Druid class can. with luck, provide good roleplay opportunities.
What are your expectations of this server?:
A nice Role playing experience, diversity is always great too.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
All of it, the rules are well-laid out and this, I think; is just great and shows how the staff care for their server and website and wont let players run rampart.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I really cannot think of anything to type straight up, so I am going to pull a Post from one of the Warhammer 40K RP's I have been in. It is based on Necron characters, my one being a Flayed One named Taint:
--
The Dead, page 5
Cut. Conscious thought subdued, only vague instinctual actions dictating where he went. Cut. Another bright stream of red, so bright it flares, life ebbed from the human, drifting off in an enticing crimson river as the lights dimmed. Taint paused momentarily to burrow into the cooling body, tearing into it with the calculating coldness of one who knows the anatomy of the body well, he emerged drenched in viscera, entrails hanging from his skeletal frame.
:..No, no, not right, it’s not mine.. Have to…find..my-..:

He growled and slouched off, claws dragging on the ground, gouging deep in the blood-soaked dirt, a shudder wracked his body as he blindly cut down three more primitives, cowering in fear yet still trying to attack, to ward off death with feeble blows or plaintive cries. He left the bodies in pieces, their flesh, their bone, their blood too damaged to entice even the ghoulish Taint into salvaging them.

They fell back from him, the death in their midst, there were less fighters here, most having gone to attack
So fragile, their life was, such a small spark; so easily extinguished. The Flayed One reached for a female, blades covered in drying gore, but a soft cry distracted him, he left the weeping human, who was sprawled upon the earth, crippled from a hamstringing slice he did not recall making.

The cries drew him towards a crude tent, his bloodlust and hate momentarily forgotten, curiosity took their place, Taint had not felt that emotion in a long time, he parted the entry way and ducked inside, baleful green eyes adjusting immediately; revealing the cowering forms of youths.

Targeting sensors alighted upon the huddled figures, flickering over faces for a moment before disappearing. No threat, none at all.
He entered, shifting around to block the only exit, much to the fear of the children, a glimmer of satisfaction at the panic that raced through their veins. A hunter though Taint was, he was also possessed of cruelty, that had always been a useful trait when serving Lord Misery, as Taint was usually tasked with sowing as much fear and discord as possible.

The silent killer reached out a claw, simply to illicit a reaction; he got one, though not what was expected: One of the older children, a boy; batted away the blade away with a piece of wood. It was surprise more than anything that prevented Taint from retaliating and removing the child's limbs. That face, he knew it, or at least one like it

And so the ghoul-like machine crouched with a hiss, engrams bringing old, so old, things to the fore; and he remembered.

No, it...it cannot have happened!? Why them? Why damn you?
His fist raised in anger, bloody from lashing out in hurt rage at anything within range, tears streamed down his face as he fell to his knees; sobs wracking his body.

Taint shuddered, jolting out of the memory with a low growl, what was it doing loose? They had promised! But then, what were their promises worth when no one cared to argue a point?
He gave an unintelligible machine-shriek and fled the tent, leaving bits of flesh behind him; his one desire at that moment was to flee, to escape the painful remembrance.

Taint did not go too far, simply shutting down his higher thoughts for a short time and reverting to hunter-killer mode, though even in this near mindless state the Flayed One avoided the areas where there were children.
-- --

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
For the link and/or proof that the above Post is indeed mine, just ask :)
Hello WarpSpawned, welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Thank you for the story, it certainly was an interesting read. Thumbs up to the lovers of Tauren Druids! One such character was my first, too.

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me or anyone else on the Forum Helper or Enforcer/Content GM team if you have any further queries, and we'll do our best to answer.