Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Panoptikon-Intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm really chill and laid back (most of the time). I love to laugh and firmly believe that everyone makes a choice to be happy or sad. I choose to be happy. I'm a heavy thinker and a light weight drinker. I love corny jokes and I am often making them.

I do not work a traditional M-F, 9-5 job. My weekends are Monday and Tuesday. On work days I do not get off until 11:00 pm CST. This makes my play schedule night owl friendly, but not prime time friendly.

I've been playing MMO's since the early 2000's, getting my start in Everquest. By far my favorite and longest played MMO is Star Wars Galaxies.

I am a roleplayer first and pVer second, pVe having burned me out of playing MMOs in general. I tend to go for crafting or healing. However, if a game does not have a solid lore base I cannot get into it at all.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I hail from the United States, specifically Texas. I speake de English and can sign, "naked bacon" in American Sign Language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A mighty long time ago I played the RTS games. When WoW was launched I played with my room-mates in college until shortly after Wrath of the Lich King.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I *think* I found y'all using google for Warcraft roleplay. It was a long time ago though.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I like both spontaneous spur of the moment encounters and rich story driven sagas. I also really enjoy planning events.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I am incredibly biased towards Warcraft orcs because of Thrall and the RTS games. In general though, I love how orcs can be powerful, noble heroes or powerful, hideous monsters.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect high quality roleplay, a respectful lore heavy environment and an enormous amount of ooc respect for players/GMs alike. I hope to make new friends in which to write fun, enriching stories with.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
It is tie between respect and humility. I am respectful of others in all aspects of my life, be it work, home, or meeting strangers. A lot of other people are too, but for some reason it flies out the window when the internet enters the equation. I hope to see this rule enforced, but more so I hope it doesn't need to be.

As for humility, it is a nice reminder that you are not writing the story alone. While I prefer to play support roles, everyone, including me likes to shine a little. I do my best to give other characters their moment in the sun. For example, if you are playing Sylander Slim a famous bard, and you consistently roleplay this character performing I will give him his due and my character will recognize him as a celebrity. The same goes for knights and villains. I believe renown is a good thing.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is a fan-fiction piece I wrote while playing SWG. It is based off of twi'lek fanon and lore. It was also a practice using first person which I am not very used to.

The Lesson
A scanty tent rests upon the desert sands of Tattooine ready to be packed up at any moment’s given notice. Against the arid breeze the entry cloth flaps open and closed, beckoning the owner of a DL-44 blaster and a pair of jingling buckled boots to enter. He approaches the structure, ready to peek in his head.

Waiting inside, a Kiva waits knowing her pupil will soon arrive. A sheer white veil covers the lower portion of her face and another wraps around her freckled lekku. Today she wears the golden charms of the temple, anointing herself with the blessings of Kika’lekki.

She greets him at the door, offering a welcoming hand and takes his into hers with a single question, “Do you appreciate the fullness of life?” Her guest hesitates, but before he can offer an answer she stops him at the opening of her tent.

Her knees bend and with a graceful dip of her spine, she lowers to the balls of her feet. She is facing him, her chin up so that her eyes can see the nervous furrow of his brow. To reassure him, she places a calm hand to the inside of his thigh, while the other unfastens the buckles of his leather boots. “It is not my intent to seduce you, nerra.”

Her eyes leave his face so that he may hide the shame warming his cheeks and the back of his ears. It is not necessary for him to apologize for his thoughts, but his boots must be removed before entering the sacred shrine she has prepared today.

A smile forms when she sees the yellowing socks he hid inside them and when she spies the hole over his big toe, she stifles a laugh.

“I…,” he clears his throat, unsure of what to say and quickly removes them before her fingers can touch the soiled cloth. He shrugs awkwardly and tosses the rolled up socks behind him, but it is no matter because she is already placing a metal basin of water on her lap.

She takes his right foot into her palm and pours water over it from her free hand. As the water runs down the forefront of his foot and between his toes, his lesson begins.

“In the time before it is written, the Mother of all mothers, gave birth. Her child would be the suns, the moons, and the stars… and even the planets. Of all things of this galaxy, they are hers and it was her Breath that gave them life.”

“Kika’lekki?”

Her hands pause and again she smiles to him from beneath her veil.

“Yes, Kika’lekki,” she resumes the ceremonial cleansing, sliding her palm along the arch of his foot.

“It is said that when she came upon our ancestral lands, she wept for the parched earth. Those tears hit the dry sand and ran like rivers quenching the thirst of Ryloth. In their path the lush gardens of Paradise grew until each came to a great lake and of them, our people were born. Five life sustaining lakes, five clans of Ryloth.”

At the end of her words, she lowers his foot having cleansed and anointed both with blessed oil. She rocks onto her legs, so that may she scoot into the tent behind them and hold open the entry.

The gold bangles around her wrist shimmer in the desert sun until he enters and she closes the tent around him. His eyes see nothing in the darkness, but hers see perfectly having navigated the caves of their people for many years.

She strikes a match, lighting the wick of a long thin candle. The flame reveals her face to him once more and the unlit candle she now passes to him. Together they light the wick and some of her wax drips onto his hand causing him to flinch. She does not pause to acknowledge his pain, but she tenderly places her free hand onto his.

“Of those five clans, each praised the Mother in their own way.”

Through the glow of the candlelight, her calm eyes admire the orange hues of his skin, “If you were a native son of Ryloth, it is said that your clan would honor her through rituals of fire.”

“And then the others, who invoke her through the passage of song or dance, or through water,” she smiles, sensing his mind turn over each new piece of mythos. Before continuing, she softly chuckles, “and the others who find meaning in building great monuments and altars, like the temples of Ryloth.”

Accustomed now to the warm darkness surrounding them, his eyes look around the tent seeing a small brass shrine and a number of stone idols.

Feeling his question before he asks, she answers, “I feel closest to the Mother through prayer. My mother’s ancestors practiced spiritual devotion above all else. But this is all a lesson for another day. Please sit.”

With his hand in hers once more, she lowers them both to sit in front the shrine. A stone carving of a celestial female twi’lek faces them. The belly is fat with life and ornate beads placed by the kiva hang from its limbs.

She places her candle to the left of the statue and instructs him to do the same, but to the right. With her encouragement, together they bow their heads and she begins to pray in Ryl.

“We worship the Mother of the lekki, the one whose Breath is sweet and nourishing. We pray that she deliver us from Death so that our hearts do not stray to the darkness. Bring balance to our lives, bring balance to our lives.”

She lifts her head, opening her eyes upon the shrine to look upon the idol of Kika’lekki with adoration.

“So in the days of Paradise each of the five clans honored the great Mother and lived lives of fullness and joy, living in balance with all that was and would be. This was before the time of war and before the time of Death.”

“When the time of Death came to be, the clans fought and no longer did they spend their days honoring Kika’lekki. Paradise was lost and our ancestor’s lands grew brittle and dry once more.”

“Our people took to the darkness to hide from the ever burning light, walking away from the old ways. This broke the great Mother’s heart and again she wept, but her tears did not bring life.”

She turns to face her pupil and on his face she sees the quiet struggle of understanding. To ease the burden of his new knowledge she raises to her knees and leans up, placing a motherly kiss to his forehead.

“Kika’lekki knows that our people will return to Paradise and in time we will restore the balance to our lives. No longer will we seek death, but appreciate the fullness of Life.”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I am overly fond of commas. I put them everywhere! Also, I believe I have an inactive peon log in around here somewhere, but I couldn't tell you what is. I lost my desktop computer right after I was granted access to the server. It was over a year ago, so I decided to re-apply instead dig up the log in and to an account no one will remember/recognize.
Lok'tar, Panoptikon, and welcome to COTH! I'm ImagenAshyun (or "Immy"), one of the GMs of the server, and I would like to personally welcome you (back) to our community :).

As a simple reminder, don't forget to look over our Wiki concerning rules and policies of the server. We also have guidelines on character creation as well as forum guides on how to RP your character and his/her class.

I'm quite glad we got another orc lover coming over. COTH can never have too many orcs! :D

As I said before, don't worry about the old account--it may have been removed already, and should we do find it, we'll simply delete it. It's great to have you back otherwise.

If you have any other questions, you can ask the Forum Helper team or any of us Enforcer/Content GMs.

Hope you enjoy COTH!