Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Zamettah's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

As a player? I've played WoW on and off for about 4 years, though I bear the shame of never reaching any of the level caps. I usually lose interest before I reach endgame, or my subscription runs out and I can't be bothered to renew it. I'm an avid roleplayer, having nearly a year's experience on primarily minecraft roleplay servers. I've also quite the palette for both forum RP, and board games like Dungeons and Dragons (which I haven't played in years sadly).

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I solely speak English, and I'd like to say that I speak it quite well. You don't have to worry about any lazy posts or spam from me, I do my best to use grammer, spelling, punctuation and so forth to the best of my ability. However, I am still human, so I'm not perfect.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Like I mentioned it's been a part of me since BC, when I first started buying monthy subscriptions. Funnily enough I had never played any of the RTS Warcraft games until recently, growing up I had a playstation, so no SC or WC or me.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I just happened to be googling "wow rp" and you guys caught my eye. I've been lurking for about an hour now and so far I'm very interested in what you have to offer, while I'm relatively new to RP in WoW I'm willing to give it a try and do my very best to join in on the server's going-ons.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Really nearly all types of roleplay appeal to me, however I've never really been big into PvP (mainly because I'm not good at it). The idea of meeting someone in a tavern in Stormwind and then fighting gnolls or what have you sounds like a good time, overall, I prefer RP in small groups to pairs. This however can all change, mood, music, enviroment, all factors which effect how I want to RP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Hmmm, I've always loved the Tauren. They're way of life and whole "persona" is very similar to native american people, which is a topic I quite like learning about. The humans have amazing lore, but their looks in the game have always put me off. As for class, rogue/mage would both fight for my affection. They both come across as classes which can be RP'd in many ways, don't get me wrong, all classes can be RP'd well and in other ways, but these two always jump out at me. You could be a limey pickpocket, a cat-thief, or a dashing highwayman as a rogue. As a mage you could be powerhungry and cruel, old and wise, young and sparky. It really does offer a lot of diversity when it comes to creating a character.

What are your expectations of this server?:

A nice, fair, amount of players, dedicated to providing a good RP experience for all. Something I'd like to be a part of.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Humility/Godmodding - I utterly hate it when someone's created a character to live out some bizarre fantasy where they can't be beaten and they're the "Chosen One" or something. It's very important to know when to say "Hmm, this little brawl has been going on long enough, I'll give it to this guy". I'm not one to push someone into that situation, and I'm hoping that people here don't have to deal with players like that.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

In a land of kings and queens, there lived an old wizard. His days were dwindling to a close, his hair had turned through the many shades of grey and his vision had left him years before his strength. His small hut sits in the middle of a dense quagmire to the east of the Iron Kingdoms, a great sovereign nation who's goal is to conquer the kingdoms of the north. After a long day of brewing and etching drawings into a large tome on his desk the old wizard was disturbed by a loud banging on his door. Like a sculpture made from twigs he carefully leveraged himself off his chair and moved towards the door as it was continuously struck by whatever was outside.

(Excuse the length, it's a little late and I'm not really in the mood for creative writing. If you want to see more to have me accepted I'll happily continue the tale of the old quagmire wizard!)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Now, excuse any "noob-ish-ness" in the following questions, bare in mind I am in all honesty a noob.

1) To my knowledge I can be banned for using a private server, is this something I should worry about should I wish to join you?
2) How exactly does the levelling system work? I was just on a public RP server and it's a tad annoying how you cannot fine tune your character to your liking, without having to level him to say lvl.35 so he can wear a hat. Are item restrictions a little more relaxed or..?
3) During what you might call your server's "prime time" how many players can I expect to be online? A ballpark answer would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, thanks for the read, I hope to hear back from you all soon.
Hello! I'm flammos200(Just Flammos is fine too), and it's my pleasure to welcome you to CoTH!

Now, be sure to read up on the Rules and Policies if you haven't already, and if you need help Creating a Character, you can find some on the Wiki, or take a gander at some of the Profiles there, to familiarize yourself with some of the people you might meet on CoTH.

Other than that, I think you'd be welcome, as both a D&D player and a Tauren fan(there are too few of those on our server. About four hundred Tauren or so). Aaand find ye no godmodders here. To answer your questions:

1. No, you cannot be banned for using a Private Server, so long as you are not using official WoW's patch(I.E. Have a separate folder for your private server game, and your official one), from what I know. We're on 3.3.5a (WoTLK). Official WoW's on Cata.

2. Levels are meaningless on CoTH. Anyone can equip any item they wish so long as they have the proficiency(cloth, leather, mail, plate) to do so. This is done via the RP item system. You .lookup rpitem <Item Name> and it'll give you a link or more. You then .addrpitem <Item link or ID>, and it'll be added to your inventory. Note that all RP items are stat-less, and legendaries, Lore-items and ridiculous gear is removed from the pool of addable items.

For convenience's sake, anyone can use a Bronze Token(An item bought from a vendor) to level to 50, but they may not go past that until their character is Approved, and they are a Grunt. After both requirements are met, they may request a bump to 80.

3. Over fifty. The most I've ever seen was 122. It can get as low as 20 sometimes, but usually, the population is around 35-40 people. Typically, in summer it skyrockets, whereas during the school year it tends to be a little lower.

But hey, if you need any more help or have any more questions, feel free to PM a Content GM, Enforcer GM or Forum Helper like yours truly. Seriously.

See you around!