Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Onikah the Marvelous
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
As a player, I'm fun. That's what a game is all about, isn't it? Fun? It's a three letter word that can be used as an adjective (What a fun thing to do!), a noun (Why, I think a picnic would be quite fun myself), or even as an idiom (His jokes were, I hope, in good fun.). So, I'd like to think of myself as fun. I'm a noun, an adjective, and an idiot - er, I mean idiom. What I really am trying to say here is, I'm an all around kind of person. I don't let just one simple thing define what I, a player, am. I love to RP! I love PvP, too. I use to raid hardcore.. I'm also a profession nutcase, but that's another story. On a more serious note, I do enjoy all forms of gaming, be it turn-based games, MMOs, FPS, RPG... It's endless, really.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States of America. English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into Warcraft from watching my cousin play it, really. I remember it clearly; her room was dimly lit in the creeping hours of the night when I walked in.. Her face was only illuminated by the screen, but her eyes were darting around the screen. I only vaguely remember what she was doing... I know she was on her main character, a Troll Shadow Priest, and she was on a Zeppelin, going.. I'm not sure. But as soon as the map opened up (You know, the loading screen thing), I was instantly fascinated! The world looked huge, and I wanted to explore and play in it! Shortly after, her brother took me to the store and we got the game. That was back in 2007, and here I am, something of a Warcraft veteran.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I found you from tons, and I mean TONS of Google searches. Really, it was the RP that drew me here. I'm very excited to see what the server has in store for me!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All kinds, minus ERP. Not that I mind if people do it, it just makes me feel uncomfortable to be put into that situation. Other than that, I do enjoy playing the civilian type or a magic user. Although, my favorite thing to RP is a healer, for sure. I like being busy and feeling needed by the community.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I really enjoy Night Elf Rogues/Hunter. Not only are Elves pictured as hunters, they also are tall and beautiful, and I enjoy their story immensely. Although, they are not my favorite race, I just love the combination. My favorite race would have to be the Forsaken, because I LOVE Sylvanas.

What are your expectations of this server?:
You know, I'm not sure. I really would like a place to sit back, chill, and RP. I don't really give any game high expectations, because if they don't meet them I'm disappointed. I'd rather have low(er) expectations and be surprised and delighted, and enjoy myself rather than be sad, and depressed for a few days (or weeks).

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I really enjoy the one rule that talks about tolerance. It makes me feel safer, and if I need to report something, it would (hopefully) be handled accordingly.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

I lay on the purple linen bed-spread. My eyes flickered in the moonlight, yawing as I inhaled a whiff of fresh night air. My subconscious began to wonder throughout the universe of my mind. So complex, yet so limited at the same time. I think, biting my lip. I begin to drift in and out of consciousness, and as soon as I fall asleep...

I inhale sharply as I run, my boots digging into the forest floor at a dangerously fast pace. A bead of sweat is dripping from my forehead as I look up ahead of me. My hands prepare myself to climb, but my feet want me to keep going. Whoosh! An arrow flies past me and into the solid wooden tree, almost hitting the back of my head. My breathing increases as I approach the tree. Almost there. I tell myself, looking behind me. Finally! The tree I was looking for. The tree which I had all my belongings, as well as my daggers. My hands shoot up onto the tree branch and my boots frantically look for a place to lodge into for support of my body. My hands keep going from branch to branch, my feet keeping up just barely. Another arrow flies past me into the solid tree, this time between my index and ring finger. My foot slipped. It had to of, because as soon as I grab my daggers, I begin to fall. My feet feel the wind, and as soon as I process what is happening, I'm flat on the ground, looking up. Wasn't there more than one archer? Wait. Where are the others? A dagger is lodged into my side before I know it; before I can process anything. My instincts swiftly have me on my feet, but my body denies that request.

"So, you learned how to use a bow?" I said, a scowl presenting itself on my marked face, blood running from my wound, and pain shooting through my abdomen.

I shook my head. Why am I remembering this? I mean, I killed him many years ago. So many years ago, I can't even remember how many. I shake my head once more, drifting back into my dream-filled sleep.

"Yes, I have." she shoots as snarl. "And you have learned how to hide yourself better."

"I have. I'm better than you, and you know it." I smile, blood trickling down the side of my fresh wound, pain still spiking in varying degrees throughout my body. My lungs were tired of the constant, heavy breathing, and my feet ached from all the running.

"I shouldn't have even have trained you; I know you are just a waste of time." he spit from over emphasizing the T in time. It landed on my face, though, I didn't really mind.

"Then perhaps you should let me kill you already." I muster up, trying not to sound scared, or as a matter of fact, terrified. I really am terrified, I just can't show it. If he knows that, he wins.

"I'm only hunting you. Like all the rest, you are just my game." he paused, looking at my wound with hungry eyes, his breathing almost as heavy as mine. "Come on, I thought I was a better trainer than this." he mocks.

My hand then slips around the dagger in my side to pull it out, but it'd too deep. My fingers just endlessly pull on the cold, hard dagger hilt that was lodged in my side. It is rigged. A killing machine for sure.

"Come on, please just let me live!" I begged for my life. This is pathetic.

My eyes shoot open. I'm in my house, sweating like I'm in a hot box, and my fingers are clenched together in my knitted blanket. What a joke he was, I silently think to myself. My hands feel around my blanket, sort of tucking myself in more to perhaps banish the harsh memories.

My body turns to lay on my back. My eyes wonder the ceiling before I begin to doze off into a light, half-awake sort of slumber.

"And you thought I was dead..."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Is this an instant level 80 server? If not, does level matter? What is the current story? Or is it like a sandbox of sorts?
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

This isn't an instant eighty server, but if you become a grunt and have an approved profile for a character, you can get them bumped to level eighty. Levels in the long run really do not matter, but we still have the process. :3 Also, the current story is leading up to Cataclysm and we have started on a few of the storylines. Sandbox? I hear the term, but am not sure what you mean by that. Thanks again for clearing up that information! I appreciate it.

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. We also have an area dedicated to guides to help with things from races to classes and everything in between!

Be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy
Is there a patch I need to download specifically for CotH?
Nope! We have no extra patch for the server, but we do have a download center for addons if you need them. :3
Thanks! (:
If you love Forsaken, you've come to the right place! Check out the guild Black Harvest. :)