Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction - Gallok!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I can be abit quirky at times, though I like to see myself as a nice, friendly person - under any circumstance I try not to judge other people on beforehand. I like hanging out and having a good time mostly, taking it slow.

I'm not a fast paced person, at least not when it comes to roleplay. I never were much into the raids, dungeons and the like when I played the "real" version of World of Warcraft. Though I did enjoy PvP occasionally, since I can become rather competitive. Nothing extensive, though :).

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from Denmark, a little country in the continent Europe. My main 'tongue' would be Danish, though I speak english fairly well.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Like many others, it started off with Warcraft 3, though I'm afraid I can't join some on the Wc2 bandwagon, hehe. I thought it was a great game, and even though I was rather young at the time I really liked the story and lore aspect of the game.

Later, when WoW came out I started playing that aswell, though the roleplaying aspect of the game didn't come to me before much later - when I was about 18 years old. I began reading up on a lot of lore back then, fancying mostly Trolls at the time. Eventually, people left the game, and the game itself grew apart from me. In my own oppinion, the lore, as it evolved from the Wrath of the Lich King expansion and futher, just didn't really fit in logically, and it had lost its "spirit" aswell. Atleast compared to what the old WoW had.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
In all honesty, I was just looking for a roleplaying private server, and your name was the first to pop up! Haha. So, I took a look around, checked what people wrote and liked the concept of having to "apply" first. (Sorts out the more, ahem, less wanted company >_>).

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Most sorts. Tavern, epic, action, you name it. (All withing reason, of course). Though, despite liking most roleplay, the keyword - or atleast key part of it all, is progression if you ask me. Whatever I do, wether I play a blacksmith making a living, a simpleton, an adventurere - whatever it is, I like to see me getting somewhere with my character. That's the greatest part of roleplaying I think.

That is, working with something that you'll help shape all by yourself, and a lot of other people, be it NPC's, other chars or just events themselves. It's seeing the change and the progression a character makes.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I mostly prefer larger races. Menacing ones. Though this doesn't -have- to fit for the big ones only, I think I just generally have a soft spot for someone who can pack a huge punch and take some aswell. This also shows itself in the classes I like playing, hehe.

That would be Warriors and Deaht Knights mostly. Though I do love the concept of hunters too. Generally speaking, if I were to quote something, it'd be from the Ogres of the Warhammer world - "Might makes right!". With that said, I do also very much like the protector role :).

What are your expectations of this server?:
Lots of nice people, roleplay, great plotlines, helpful and engaging Gm's mostly. I'd like to think that everyone playing is always part of something bigger, wether you're a little piece in the larger picture, or a big one.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
While I really like "Respect" and "Maturity", the best part would be "Humility". While I like 'shining', like so many others, other people are also playing this game, also roleplaying, also progressing with a story of theirs. I think it's a priviledge to be a part of someone else's (Spelled? Not sure about this one, herp) plotline. Not everyone fits in, not everyone may want to along. But while it's great making large achievements, it is more or less just as good helping others achieving "their big moment".

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This story is something I wrote for an Pen and Paper RPG some time ago, set in the Warhammer universe some time ago. It's more or less a backgroundstory, about how my Lizardman character came from Lustria to The Old World if anyone knows the setting.

Alright, here goes:

Nka'lo

The theft of an egg:

It was morning, as the sun had just begun to rise, showing itself on the horizon. A think fog filled the air in the area around the Tarantula Coast, making it almost impossible to see lest one had superior eyesight. Noises coming from the jungle break the otherwise eerie silence every now and then, though still remain unidentified. It was as if the coast itself was a split between two worlds, shifting from a still and silent sandy bank, to a think and dense jungle in an instant. Darnell Hawke and his men had just reached reached the shores, coming all the way from the Old World. How they got there, would appear to be more luck than reason. Raiders, they all were. Seeking only fortune and fame, of which Lustria had mostly death and terror to those yet unfamiliar with the place, reeking with venomous serpents everywhere and carnivores just waiting to sink their teeth into this foreign flesh.

The crew consisted of about 25 men, of which most where mercenaries, bandits, thieves and the like. And also a cook and 'waitress', and of course a crew who could sail his boat.. Darnell himself was more than just a mere bandit, though, having seen his share of warfare. A middle-aged, grizzled man with more scars than one could count, even on his face. They've been lacking proper food for weeks, having been able to resort only to bread tough as bricks, leather hard steaks and bad wine, therefore deciding that entering the jungle as fast as possible would be the best idea. To their dismay, though..

Even though it seemed as a paradise at first, with a myriad of colors everywhere and beautiful creatures, it was only for show, masking the true horror of the Jungles of Lustria. Some of the crew fell ill to various diseases and fevers throughout the first bit of the 'excursion', some to poisons, having been bit by snakes. Some taken by predators of the jungle, too. In the end, it all seemed like a suicide mission, having lost only men and found very little in the ways of food, much less riches to bring home. After a few days, only 10 were left. This surely left their resolve shattered. Some even went as far as discussing mutiny against the captain, wanting to go back. Though none dared, not against Darnell, not in this condition. All hope seemed gone, lost in this hellish forrest jungle they were lost in. With the last pieces of the crew all morally broken and worn, no captain could ever hope to restore some faith in the chance of actually making it out alive. But then again.

Darnell saw something glimmer, right out the the blue. A light ray that actually made it through the canopy, lit something up in the distance. They haven't gotten long into the jungle, despite having traveled for long. The thick truncks of trees and plants everywhere made it hard to walk aswell as keep a steady ground. It was wet and slippery. But about 100 or so metres from where he stood, something made itself clear. Unsure of what it was, he beckoned his crew forward. It occasionally blinded those who set eyes upon it, luring in the greedy minds of starving men. ”At last, we've struck gold, gentlemen!”, Darnell shouted. And so they had.

Gold coins littered the bedding of the ground, lying around as if scattered without a purpose. Perhaps another failed raid? No one knew. On the other hand, no one cared. They filled some small coffins they had brought along, previously used for food. To their astoundment, gold weren't the only thing they had come across. Peering around, they found themselves in old, forgotten ruins. Everyone gazed in awe at the otherworldly craftmanship, probably several ages old, if not more. And to add to the pile of riches, what they found next would be their cherry on the top of the cake.
They had managed to find a lost hatchery, with unhatched eggs. Orders were given to lay some of the coffins. Who knew what these contained? Creatures more worth than any cold coffin they could ever fill, they thought. Oh the possibilites..

Every crewmember gleamed with a light in their eyes, some just managing to keep back tears of sheer joy. They had finally found their way out of poverty, and this would ensure they they'd keep rich for the rest of their lives. What they didn't realise, was that the hatchery wasn't all the forgotten..

Suddently, low-pitched growling could be heard, coming from all around them, then followed by terrible, fear-inspiring roars. Darnell was the only person able to show some sort of coolheaded behavior, keeping himself steady despite being utterly terrified, just like the rest of his crew. They all trembled in fear. And so they should. Out of the fog large shapes began to appear. No one could see what they actually were. But they were big. Bigger than a man, so were they all. Some of Darnells' men began running, only to be heard screaming in pain seconds later. And then silence.

The shapes only came closer, revealing their true identity. ”Beasts”, they all thought. Huge lizard like creatures, walking on two legs just like themselves. Their skin was covered in a thick layer of scales, all blue in color. Spikes appeared from out under their scales aswell, making any close combat with these terrors a nightmare in itself. Long claws protruded from their fingers and toes alike, with two rows of needlesharp teeth to follow. Their sunk in eyes didn't help to their already fearful appearance, and gave a feel of a cold gaze looking right back at them. They were all clad in simple, though gold-ornamented armanents and armor, decorated with skulls, shrunkheads and other such trophies. All but one.

There was a particular one, standing out from the rest. It resembled very much the rest, though the coloration of its scales were much more light. Almost white. It was also very much bigger, standing roughly two times the size of a normal man. ”Could this be their leader?”, Darnell thought. As it came closer, all the other creatures stopped at its command, it need only to let out a single gaze. The hulking creature snared at all of them, glaring especially at those who decided to carry the eggs. It was obvious what it wanted. Whatever they decided next, their fate was more or less sealed. They had already angered these lizardmen, and would surely not survive should they to let go of their precious cargo.

It was simply too much to bear. Surely they could not have come this far, just to give up? Everyone know what they would do. Out of nowhere, Darnell yelled to the others;”RUN! TO THE SHIP!”. Many didn't make it back, infact only Darnell survived the onslaught. It was horrible, these lizardfolk were quicker than he could ever imagine, rending and killing half of his men in the jungle before they could even react. Clutched in his arms was an egg, the remainder of his treasure. Luckily the men he ordered to stay and take care of the boat were still there. Or some, atleast. Enough for them to take off and head back. They had gathered food to some degree in the meantime, making the trip back to the old world bearable. That is, if they could survive the trip back.Wanting to make sure his precious cargo would be safe, he hid it in one of the crates on the ship, filling it with hay and other such insolation, making sure it was kept warm at all times. He never let anyone know what he actually brought back.

Days turns to weeks, and weeks to months. The crew and Darnell himself is getting ever hungrier, and despite being threatened by constant starvation, the ship is also under the ocasional attack by either creatures of the sea, or pirates. Again, fate smiles upon them. Miraculously, they escape, encounter after encounter.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope you like what have been written so far, and to eventually play on your server sometime :).
Howdy, Gallok, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! Thank you very much for your long story! Also, by your interest in large races, I am certainly looking forward to Tauren and the like. :)

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server, we're all usually free and willing to help!

I suggest taking a gander at our rules, policies and these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!