Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Changing Staff Color: A Mockup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As many of you may know, the GM staff is planning a vicious, armed overthrow of Kretol's house in the dead of night to mess with the server, ban Xigo once and for all, and to change staff name colors to whatever we see fit. Planning ahead, I made a mockup of a screenshot to change different colors. I had to rewrite the font, and I don't know what each font is off hand so I winged with Ariel Black because i'm on a Deadmau5 kick and it kind of fits.

ALRIGHT DAY OUTSIDE SKY BLUE
Spoiler:
[Image: ibtzkI8X6OGMnL.png]

DUROTAR DUST IN YOUR EYES ORANGE
Spoiler:
[Image: ibv3tHhX5oScvh.png]

UNCOOKED SALMON PINK
Spoiler:
[Image: i1g3LGRUljwPU.png]

PRAISE THE SUN YELLOW
Spoiler:
[Image: iPODZXZI40zAR.png]
PRAISE THE SUN!
[Image: 1336871321694.png]
...There's no option for keeping it as is. I like the green. It's familiar, it's bold, it sticks out for all to see!

:(

I suppose this makes me a heretic.
The option is Kretol not liking the colors and beating us until we're quiet.
(06-15-2012, 01:04 PM)Reigen Wrote: [ -> ]...There's no option for keeping it as is. I like the green. It's familiar, it's bold, it sticks out for all to see!

:(

I suppose this makes me a heretic.

Prepare to be burned at the stake, witch..

(I like the Orange. :B)
I kind of like it the way it is.

/highfive Reigen
I like bloo.
WHEN I'M SOLAIRE!
Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_luevm862iI1qe9bi5o1_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_lugpz034Qf1qd5fbyo1_500.jpg]
[Image: Solaire%2Bof%2BAstora.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_lt7jwhvacL1qdsgs0o1_r1_400.png]
[Image: ac466ae58e9e8ec9c6309f89eacc53c6.jpg]
[Image: 16hso74.png]
/highfive Lox

The blue blends in a bit too much with the grunt and peon color, in my opinion, so I don't think that's a good color at the current shade. If it was a bit brighter/had a bit more blue in it, it might do a bit better!

The orange is a bit close to the admin color!

Salmon isn't very eye-catchy, so if I had to choose out of the current choices, I'd have to say yellow would be the best if there was a change at all!
... Agreed. If it'd have to be changed, I'd prefer yellow over the other alternatives.
This is the current peon color versus the proposed one:

[Image: XkYdf.png]

Naturally, any color that's not deep sea navy blue is going to be a little similar, but I don't think it's -that- close.

And now I have to ask who was it that unfairly edited the poll? :\
I'm unsure. I just noticed that when I voted. o.0

As for the color differences, perhaps it's just me who sees it that way. Though it does stick out better when side by side!
Arial was a good choice! WhatFont is telling me that it's Arial, bolded (900), 14px, and with a 19.6px line height.

I personally prefer the current color selections. They're high contrast, both with one another and with the background. This way, administrator doesn't look like game master, which doesn't look like forum helper. Not to mention that we're all acclimated to the colors, which means that we can easily glance at the list and know who is what.

If you guys are retaining the trial GM position I would advocate picking a new, high contrast, nicely saturated color there. It's far too close to both grunt and peon. It should probably be more inline with the other staff-related colors.
(06-15-2012, 01:14 PM)Anski Wrote: [ -> ]And now I have to ask who was it that unfairly edited the poll? :\

To make yellow win by a huge margin?

Three guesses.

First two only count if they're Xigo.

I'm fine with the green, honestly. If we had to change, I kinda like the yellow, though. It's different enough from FHs and Admins.

It's weird still seeing Lox and Rosen not in blue, though.

Edit: ^ That.
Pages: 1 2 3