Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: War Games [BotSf]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Time for some training for the Blades. As recommended by Kyran and Liridon, war games will be coming. I think the first round shall be open to all on CotH to test the adaptation abilities of the different branches. These will be strict military style events.

To sign up, post in this thread! Lethal force will not be used in these training events.

FIRST ROUND:
Type: Open
Organizer: Leron (SachikoMaeda)
Objective: Undecided (Probably a "King of the Hill" scenario)
Date: June 20th, 5pm Server Time

Member Roster:
Leron
Krest
Kyran
Vyndline
Sivak
Liridon
Jorm
Kiari will be too lazy and cite pregnancy as her excuse. Maybe she can make her kids do it.
Might as well toss Krest in aye? Makes sense for him to look for possible recruits/shame the fools who think their better then him! (Lets face it, they are with most physical options) So expect strategy!
Kyran will most likely look for people to join his unit, as he'd like to prove himself as a commander. Though if he doesn't get enough, he can always be a secondary for his father.
Event time changed to 5pm server time on June 20th. If there is not enough sign ups, then I'll either move the date or cancel.
Vyndline will be there seeking to put her magical know-how to practise but she will probalby not be the bravest fighter.
Eh, Sivak will be there for giggles.
Liridon will be there. Lurking.
Jorm will be there, but I may not stay for the whole event, as 5pm server-time is 2am for me.
I have no idea how such an exercise will be resolved. Two teams, turns, sparring? Sounds super hard to pull off in a balanced manner. Then again, it sounds brilliantly fun if made feasable.

A Frostbrand contingent perhaps?
I originally intended to have two or four teams with various checkpoints and one larger checkpoint. The goal is to acquire a checkpoint and keep the other teams from advancing or taking your checkpoint. Since lethal force is not used, each person is given 5HP. A successful roll against a player would be 1HP lost with no crits and no counters.

I don't know if I'll end up with enough sign ups for the king of the hill scenario I had planned, so it may be changed to a simple two teamed skirmish.
Sounds fun!
I'm cancelling the event. I won't be able to DM. I might reschedule, but I have horrible luck when I plan anything. Kyran, Liridon, or Krest are welcome to pick up DMing if they feel like it. But if the first round happens, I'm not DMing.
Throw Zeein in as tentative. It all depends if I'm around when it happens.