Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Purge-licious goodness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As summer is rolling around and more players are becoming available, so am I... but still not with the frequency as I hoped, especially compared to last year. So, instead, I wish to devote whatever little time I have left to assisting/coordinating events, which includes Red Glove. RG is actually almost ready to close--I just have to find a good day when I will be all by myself at home, uninterrupted by the chaos of real life. As I did my planning, I look back at who I have for RP characters... and holy kee-rap.

11 Profiled characters, 37 total. Including Dino, Arnaldo, and Stefano, I have 11 characters rolled specifically for Red Glove, and 8 of those characters are rolled specifically to be killed, captured, or otherwise permanent retirement. That means of the 37, 8 will be deleted when RG is done. That means I'd have 29 left.

But let's take a look at what I do have, shall we?

Profiled:

These guys are profiled because I intend for them to stay. If I'm going to retire any, I'm going to wait until the coming of Cataclysm, when the events that occur kill some off (and at least one WILL die). All of these, I'm comfortable enough to slip into their skins at any time. What determines whom I RP as depends on my mood, what's available to RP in, and the atmosphere of the scenario. If RP is in Shattrath, I'm likely on Diwaata. If in Orgrimmar, you'll find me as Mahen'tosh. Ashenvale? Kantado. Thunder Bluff? Tibalan. Of all of these guys, Kapre has the biggest flexibility and widest mobility, as well as the highest number of functions in COTH RP. Even when I'm sick of the guy and I RP as other people, he still makes a lasting presence. Dammit, Derpgoat.

As for the others.... well, listing them will only give you headaches. As you can see in my title, this is a character purge thread, and one I hope for feedback and response as to how people would like to see more often, which people don't mind to see go, or who you think has the most potential, etc etc.

Throughout this post, I'll be referring to "player demand"--characters which are frequently requested for or have higher number of IC relations with other players' characters. All of my profiled characters have high RPability but only a few--Kapre, Kantado, Mahen'tosh, Dino, and Arnaldo--have high to moderate player demand. The rest are low player demand but I enjoy RPing them anyway.

DEFINITELY going to Profile and keep:

Mana'gal: Orc Warrior, nub female granddaughter of Mahen'tosh who is partially for gag scenarios ("Stop staring at my chest"). My vehicle character for The Path of the Horde, I hoped to revive and sustain Horde RP through this girl, whom I originally intended to be my Horde main (her grandfather took that spot instead). However, Path is collecting dust, mostly because I can't seem to make this event chain work. However, Mezrin stated interest in the character, and we decided to train her as a Blademaster, a class variant I developed interest in despite my initial avoidance of variants (besides Kapre as a spirit walker). After exploring the character and her OC counterpart, I decided I'm no longer going to worry about her as a Path character and will just RP her as herself. Path of the Horde will just have to use other Horde characters, or I'll just cancel it altogether. Or make it Cataclysm-centric.

Imani: Huntress Blood Elf, Jami's older sister. My namesake character, Imagen Ashyun, but with her name changed to fit WoW as a setting (you can still call her "Immy"). My other variant class character, this one a Falconer. She's also my oldest RP character ever, so RPing as her is like wearing comfortable old shoes I haven't slipped into for years. Despite having only 2 RP sessions with her, she brought me more fun than most of my females ever had. Definitely a keeper. No, she'll never be my main; I refuse to have a blood elf for a main character (sorry, Rei and Sachi).

MAYBE Profile and keep:

Aimee: Dino's daughter, very young and annoying teenager who has repressed talents in engineering when her mother and step-fathers are trying to raise her to be a little murdering thief. She's like Kantado and Mana'gal in that she's rolled for RP devoted to character growth, so I look forward to seeing people RP her to teach her to be a proper lady. However, while she's rolled for RG and that I have RPed her in casual situations, she doesn't have enough RP buddies nor does she have any player demand. If she isn't killed or captured by the end of RG and that her player demand is still very low, I'm just gonna retire her or keep her as a text RP character. I do have fun with her, though, so if I end up retiring her, I can always bring her back if I find an RP that puts her into frequent use. Kinda like how her dad was retired but brought back because people loved him too much.

Asul'na: Troll huntress, and Madugo (CappnRob)'s mate. Seasonal mostly--I usually only RP her when Madugo is on, or if there is troll RP. However, she lacks a solid personality outside of biting Madugo and hating harpies, though I know for a fact I won't be unrolling her soon. I just lack motivation in giving her a profile unless she, like Aimee, receives player demand.

Kogan: My first paladin character, my Stormwind guard. Again, a seasonal character (whenever there is SW RP and the player numbers are high), but sadly one whose personality--which does exist--isn't very compatible with personal RP (he's a stick-in-the-mud professional). Nowadays, I only get on him when something is going on in Stormwind territory and a guard is needed. I'd rather just get on Kogan than spawn an NPC.

Event-bound (Red Glove):

Haydee: Vamp and mission planner, my OOC Red Glove guild leader and one of 5 ringleaders. Intended to be killed or captured by the end of RG, so I definitely do not want her to be around by the time the story ends. If players fail to kill or capture her, I'll kill her myself, REGARDLESS of player demand outside of RG.

Teobaldo and Benedetto: Death Knight brothers and "double act" characters, as they are never to be RPed separately. Intended to be "final boss" characters for players to kill and defeat--"final boss" in the sense that their deaths mean the definite end of the storyline (otherwise, they are actually not that hard to kill for DKs). 2 of the 5 ringleaders. Please kill them.

Franz and Rosaline: Forsaken siblings, Franz a shadow priest and Rosaline a necromancer (retconned from a warlock after some talk with the GMs). Remaining 2 of the 5 ringleaders, but can be RPed separately. Both are your typical "evil Forsaken" in that they have zero value in human(oid) life. Please kill them.

Rossi: Corrupt Stormwind guard and a spy for RG. I hope for a sleuthing event where he is found out and either jailed or killed. I may make it soon.

Alba and Davide: Human wife and husband, friends of Dino and Stefano from the past... and intended to be Glove targets for assassination (not unlike Marti for all you RGers). If they survive RG, I'm just retiring them.

Event-bound (Gnomeregan):

Morfa: Yes, I still intend to do some Gnomeregan events, with this guy as my vehicle character. Tech-mage, the late Marti's younger brother who wishes to fulfill his brother's wish in seeing Gnomeregan freed again. On the side as I finish RG, I will be doing research and story plotting so I can get the Gnomeregan story ready for Cataclysm. If you see me online on this guy, that usually means I have an idea in mind to build up for the event chain.

And now, for the other characters I'm considering purging (Maybe Purge)....

Awit: I used to love RPing him, but ever since he was enslaved and never bought, interest to RP him dropped. I've had the character as an OC for a long time, but ever since Kretol changed his female model to male, I can't bring myself to RP this trap character with mental visualizations of a trap--the male Nelf model is just too ugly. Plus, I have Kantado for Nelf RP. I am considering unrolling him but will only keep him if he has player demand. I'll give him a couple weeks.

Maganda: Awit's betrothed. I just can't bring myself to RP a Moon Priestess.

Polore: Kapre and Diwaata's foster father, who will be making an appearance in "The Coward and the Weakling", and Kapre's character archetype (in other words, the 'original' derpgoat). Sadly, fun as he is, I can't RP a death knight. Will probably stay a text character or an OOC placeholder character.

Velio: Nobody is answering my call to RP Velio or just any of Arnaldo's children for me, plus I wanted a character for the Defias and Solidarity storylines. Unfortunately, the Defias story doesn't seem to be coming around soon, and Solidarity runs on times I am not available. Plus, it's silly that I roll another family character. I'll probably have the personals up again.

Georgetta: .....I thought I retired/unrolled her already. Well, if Marianna wishes for lulzy family RP ever again...

Lola: Unrolled because she wasn't getting RP, then rolled again to be Grenalin (Zenethen)'s cousin, a retired mountaineer with Mr. Magoo's vision problems and senility. I love RPing old people (see Mahen!), but she is... not fun. She was going to be my recurring dwarf character, but.... eh, like I said, not having fun.

Katca: I noticed <The Law> didn't have any Horde guard characters, so I rolled an Orgrimmar grunt. If he wasn't getting RP, I thought about pulling him out and just making him a third orc character. It's... not working out for me. Like Kogan, he suffers RP compatibility. I may just stick with Mahen or Mana or keep him purely seasonal.

Ravyn: My second dwarf character, this one your typical "acts like a man" female. She has been around a long time as a character, though (since 2001), so she's not flat or bland or anything for me to RP out... it's just that... I can't seem to RP dwarves. She's better a human privateer, but I have way too many humans. She needs RP buddies and player demand to stay alive, but if I get neither, welp, another dwarf unrolled :C.

Aereal: Urameil's ex-wife, a character with a given personality, history, and relations. There is one problem: she's essentially a female Urameil, but with more Light magic and less cats. Not as fun. I wanted to keep her because Xigo was kind enough to roll her daughter, but I can't bring myself to RP her as often as I want to, especially since I now have Stefano as my main Light-user. She needs player demand to come back, but otherwise, not only will I unroll her, I may just retcon her existence and have someone else play Urameil's ex-wife. You read that right.

And the one character who DESPERATELY needs to be killed so I can retire her...

Blanche: I first rolled her because I was inspired by "Earl" (I never learned who his player was...) in that I have a Forsaken so far into brainrot that she is just absolutely lost... lost in her own little world where everything is beautiful and that everybody can be her friend. Cute in a demented way, but more often than not I find her disruptive in RP than complimenting in it, more or less being a distraction than a welcoming addition. I have no ill feelings for the character, and her time was certainly fun... but it has to end. I'm looking for people who can put her to permanent rest so she can set herself (and myself) at ease. Someone please kill her.

And that's it! Yes, so many walls of text, but it's time I purge some people. The "maybe purge" list is intended to show my character concepts that have, by far, failed, but otherwise not definitive in placing retirement. Again, player demand is what determines if they'll stay or not. But I do wanna purge some characters. Maybe I'll definitively purge at least 7 by the end of this week.

TL;DR. I need to get rid of some characters but I wanna see which ones interest players enough for me to keep. If no one expresses interests in the Maybe Purge list, down Unrollment Hell they go!
Quote:Aereal:

Don't you dare take away Reigen's gossip buddy! :(

Who else will she snark with?
The Harvest will take care of your Blanche problem happily.
Faelara still needs to meet Aereal!
(06-16-2012, 04:31 PM)Reigen Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Aereal:

Don't you dare take away Reigen's gossip buddy! :(

Who else will she snark with?

Imani. Maybe. 8D

I can't can't bring myself to RP Aereal more without making her Urameil v.2. And Imani has a far more defined personality.

(06-16-2012, 04:34 PM)Sol Wrote: [ -> ]The Harvest will take care of your Blanche problem happily.

Yay! <3

(06-16-2012, 04:59 PM)Erynn Wrote: [ -> ]Faelara still needs to meet Aereal!

I see two player demands for Aereal so far. Perhaps she can be saved!
(06-16-2012, 04:34 PM)Sol Wrote: [ -> ]The Harvest will take care of your Blanche problem happily.

I'll roll you for the Blanche kill.

Or, wait, maybe Garridan can just entertain her while she is being put out of her misery.
DRUMMERBOY, PLAY AN APPROPRIATELY MILITARIAN BEAT WHILE WE CUT THIS SCUM TO PIECES AND CAST HER INTO THE FIRES OF TRUE DEATH
(06-16-2012, 05:18 PM)Sol Wrote: [ -> ]DRUMMERBOY, PLAY AN APPROPRIATELY MILITARIAN BEAT WHILE WE CUT THIS SCUM TO PIECES AND CAST HER INTO THE FIRES OF TRUE DEATH

No. You're a background character, so I don't listen to you.

I will play my lute!
Jared is too loud and domineering to be a background character and you know it.
At best, Jared is the loud commander who doesn't listen to the hero and dies in the worst imaginable way. Garridan is picky.

Quote:Rossi: Corrupt Stormwind guard and a spy for RG. I hope for a sleuthing event where he is found out and either jailed or killed. I may make it soon.

Matthew says DEATH! PURGE! KILL THE TRAITOR TO THE CROWN!
(06-16-2012, 05:21 PM)Mathias Wrote: [ -> ]At best, Jared is the loud commander who doesn't listen to the hero and dies in the worst imaginable way. Garridan is picky.

Quote:Rossi: Corrupt Stormwind guard and a spy for RG. I hope for a sleuthing event where he is found out and either jailed or killed. I may make it soon.

Matthew says DEATH! PURGE! KILL THE TRAITOR TO THE CROWN!

... Cristovao can be the hero! And an unwitting begruding alliance with him and Jared will follow!

Quote:Asul'na: Troll huntress, and Madugo (CappnRob)'s mate. Seasonal mostly--I usually only RP her when Madugo is on, or if there is troll RP. However, she lacks a solid personality outside of biting Madugo and hating harpies, though I know for a fact I won't be unrolling her soon. I just lack motivation in giving her a profile unless she, like Aimee, receives player demand.

I really want her to get some sort of personality. I'm hoping Skin Thieves 2 can help here (whenever that happens), but we need something in the meanwhile.

At any rate, Madugo has hit a RP wall too. THEY NEED FRIENDS.

Quote:Kogan: My first paladin character, my Stormwind guard. Again, a seasonal character (whenever there is SW RP and the player numbers are high), but sadly one whose personality--which does exist--isn't very compatible with personal RP (he's a stick-in-the-mud professional). Nowadays, I only get on him when something is going on in Stormwind territory and a guard is needed. I'd rather just get on Kogan than spawn an NPC.

I'd keep him for the novelty of having a guard character. That, and you might be surprised with what you can get in the right situations.

Quote:Polore: Kapre and Diwaata's foster father, who will be making an appearance in "The Coward and the Weakling", and Kapre's character archetype (in other words, the 'original' derpgoat). Sadly, fun as he is, I can't RP a death knight. Will probably stay a text character or an OOC placeholder character.

HE CAN MEET MATHIEU AND WE WILL RELIVE OLD TIMES.

Quote:Ravyn: My second dwarf character, this one your typical "acts like a man" female. She has been around a long time as a character, though (since 2001), so she's not flat or bland or anything for me to RP out... it's just that... I can't seem to RP dwarves. She's better a human privateer, but I have way too many humans. She needs RP buddies and player demand to stay alive, but if I get neither, welp, another dwarf unrolled :C.

BUT BUT SHE'S EXACTLY THE SAME EITHER WAY THE DWARF IS JUST FOR FLAVOR which is why I like her :(
If you're involved in killing Blanche, try to bring it up in conversation with Flora for fun times.
If you start Gnomeregan stuff, please tell me. ;-;
Blanche is dead (if you don't know by now...), so she has been baleeted. Meanwhile, my Maybe Purge list is generally still facing Retirement Hell, though by far, I got two pleads for Aereal and one for Polore and Ravyn each.

I'm thinking of keeping the characters in my accounts until the 23rd of this month. If no one wants any of these guys to stay, to retirement they go!
Quote:Mana'gal: Orc Warrior, nub female granddaughter of Mahen'tosh who is partially for gag scenarios ("Stop staring at my chest"). My vehicle character for The Path of the Horde, I hoped to revive and sustain Horde RP through this girl, whom I originally intended to be my Horde main (her grandfather took that spot instead). However, Path is collecting dust, mostly because I can't seem to make this event chain work. However, Mezrin stated interest in the character, and we decided to train her as a Blademaster, a class variant I developed interest in despite my initial avoidance of variants (besides Kapre as a spirit walker). After exploring the character and her OC counterpart, I decided I'm no longer going to worry about her as a Path character and will just RP her as herself. Path of the Horde will just have to use other Horde characters, or I'll just cancel it altogether. Or make it Cataclysm-centric.

I have no idea what that makes Gor in relation to Mana'gal (Half sister? Cousin? Second cousin?) but more family RP would be awesome!
Pages: 1 2