Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: DK Weakness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, ICly my character is currently searching though the libraries of Dalaran looking for a potential Deathknight Weakness.

OOCly I'm posting on this thread, because I am not aware of any lore based weakness.

Anyone know of any or even where to look please let me know.
Holy magic. Holy magic all over the place. Also, separate them from their runeblade, though I'm not exactly sure what that causes. Fire magic could work as well, as dead things burn nicely, and Death Knights have ice magic of their own. A necromancer would be a challenge of sorts, as they can command/disrupt undead.

First things that come to mind.
... Something makes me doubt that you'd find much in Dalaran. They've got so much more to worry about than some Death Knights and how to hit them hard.
I can't think of any specific 'weaknesses' as such, but as with all undead I would assume that the Light would be very painful to them (including healing spells). A Death Knight without his runeblade or otherwise runed equipment would also be considerably weaker, if it is possible to disarm him for a length of time. I'm no Death Knight expert so you should wait for someone else to verify :p

EDIT: Damn I typed too slow c0r beat me to it.
I would say, maybe another death knight? Fire with fire.
I assume removing their runeblade causes them to no longer be able to use their abilities... as their runeblade carries... their runes. I don't know though.

Also I hear the main weakness to their saronite armor, is truesilver weaponry.

And yes of course holy magic.

And I dunno about Dalaran not having books about them... they may have bigger problems than Death knights, but a couple years ago that was one of their ONLY problems.
A couple years ago, Dalaran also didn't exist.
I am fairly sure that even at the present moment books would be written about DK's, perhaps even moreso now that the DK's are free from Arthas and can contribute somewhat to the books if they care to. Just because it isn't a major threat doesn't mean no one would think to write about it, after all Dalaran is full of mages and scholars and not everybody could be tasked to write about a single major threat. Just like in real life books are being written about all sorts of things, not just those things that are important in the immediate present and future.
Dalaran is like the ... The Google of WoW though! It has to know! If not that, than... I would think -asking- a DK... Though that could end badly.
Well how long ago in server lore was the fall of the citadel? Because that's what I'm getting at.
Quote:A couple years ago, Dalaran also didn't exist.

Sure it did. It was just in northern Eastern Kingdoms. They teleported it at the start of WotLK!

Also, seperating a DK from their runeblade stops them from casting any spells (unless they acquired runic power, but who actually does that in RP?) and makes them a walking talking block of plate.

And, yeah. Light magic and Necromancers own DKs.
(06-16-2012, 08:59 PM)muhaha8 Wrote: [ -> ]... Something makes me doubt that you'd find much in Dalaran. They've got so much more to worry about than some Death Knights and how to hit them hard.

Um.

We're talking about the same Dalaran, right? The Dalaran that is bent on the study of magic and learning and knowledge seeking? I bet they'd have something. Honestly, if a DK is wearing saronite then they reflect light-based attacks, so there isn't much of a weakness other than beat them until they collapse, or explosives. Or explosive magic.

...fire is good too.
Arcane is powerful enough to destroy nearly anything, if you get enough of it. It's basically the most destructive force on Azeroth.

Mind, the required amount might be... Huge, for a single being.
To parrot what other people said in here, their main weaknesses are Holy Magic as that harms Undead and being separated form their Runeblade as they cannot use their magic once they are.

These things are basically common knowledge though, I don't think your Death Knight would need to really think much about it to know them.
(06-16-2012, 09:14 PM)muhaha8 Wrote: [ -> ]A couple years ago, Dalaran also didn't exist.

Except it did! It was one of the cities Arthas went through in the Warcraft 3 campaign. It was teleported to Northrend in WotLK.

On the subject of DK weaknesses-

Blunt weapons! Break their bones, and they cannot use their limbs very well! (If they argue otherwise, remind them that they're still using bodies that're dependent on skeletons.)

Holy magic! Paladins especially. Holy magic is the death knights greatest weakness, yes, but if you're not a highly accomplished priest, you might find you and your cloth robes at the wrong end of a large blade!

Fire! Flesh melts, sinew burns, and when the tissue is burned off from a limb, they can no longer hold a weapon!

Decapitation! I may be wrong here, but I'm fairly certain DKs lose control of their bodies, and are nothing more than an animated head at this point.

Removing a DK from his weapon is difficult in its own right, and even then, they still have super-natural strength! You'd waste too much time trying to break their grip from their weapon!

And to touch on Saronite- While it may reflect the Light, it's bordering god-modding to say Saronite will entirely reflect the Light! Go with what's reasonable, you death knights out there! Paladins (and other champions) still managed to defeat the Lich King and his death knights in the end, no?
Pages: 1 2