Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introducing, me.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Good morning, good afternoon or goodnight, which ever suits your current zone.
I am Myth aka Zoey. I'm a fairly young woman from the southern part of The Netherlands. I've been raised with WoW for as long as I can remember, I've always been a fantasy fan. I love to draw, sing, play basketball, go swimming, hanging out with friends and of course roleplaying. I've taken my 'singing career' ( If one could call it that ). A step further, I'll add a link below for those who are interested.
http://www.soundcloud.com/mythmagicmusic

As I person, I always try to be as open and honest as I can possibly be. Sometimes, it can be hard for some people to understand me. But I always have the best intentions. A free loving spirit, who believes in equality.

In roleplay, I have an open mind. I accept any story from anyone. This is a delicate subject, because some people supposedly 'rape lore'. I believe, you may not make your own lore or course, but you can always bend lore a tad. I just want everyone to have fun, a chance to share their stories. Because that's what it is all about isn't it? Having fun together, telling tales around the campfire.

Other then that, I love the color blue.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the Netherlands, as noted above. However, I have two primary languages as I was raised with English and Dutch. My father was an Englishmen and my mother was dutch. I speak both fluently.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Seven years ago, my brother came to me all excited, bouncing up and down. He told me about an amazing game, that I had to buy with him. He showed me endless videos of it on youtube and gamer shows on the television. Back then, I didn't know anything about world of warcraft, not even how the game worked. I always thought, you needed to stack armor, because that was supposedly 'the strongest'. I didn't even know what "Stamina" or "Agility" meant. Silly, when I look back on that now.
After three years, my brother and sister both quit. I was the only one that remained. I spent so much time on WoW, it basically raised me. It will always be a part of who I am, even if it vanishes from the internet.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I found you, thanks to my friend; Thoma. We've RP'd together on retail WoW before aswell, but Thoma believed Blizzard had failed and left. And I, have given up on all the people who are just looking to ruin your roleplay and game experience. There are alot of 'Lollers' as they are called on retail WoW. But here, you have to prove your worth before accepted. I think that's a great policy.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
There isn't really a specific type of roleplay that I enjoy the most. I suppose the best is just an enthralling storyline or event that keeps you going for days on end. Ones that intrigue you.
However, I enjoy the casual "bonfire" RP as well, chatting the night away with stories and a glass of wine. Or any type of drink to your liking.
Even roleplay filled with drama can be interesting, as you need to find a way to solve it. Roleplay makes you think and confronts you with situations. It teaches. And most of all, amuses.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race, has to be the night elf. When I started up WoW for the very first time, I was already captivated by the night elves. I've been a fantasy lover, so then elves are mainly a first pick. Also, I stated before how I loved the color blue and night elves can be covered with it from tip till toe. The night elven forests are also very soothing and pleasant, a certain plus.
My favorite class? That's actually quite a hard choice. I suppose I enjoy roleplaying a mage the most, because you can be very creative with the things you emote, the spells that you cast. Anything is possible.
I also enjoy playing priestess' and rogue's. As a person I enjoy helping people, and if I could I would 'heal' their wounds, much like a priestess, and thus they suit me good.
But on the other hand, sometimes you can get enough from being the all immaculate and holy priestess. And you just want to play the suave and devious rogue.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect more, more stories, more intrigue. As you have to apply for this server before you play, there is a test, a filter for people who lack 'soul' in their RP. I hope to find people here, who can inspire me and will let me inspire them.
I can't wait to reveal the many stories that the people of this server have written for their characters.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Tolerance. As I stated, I'm quite the open minded person. I believe anyone should be given a chance, I believe they can be what ever they want to be in roleplay. ( Too some extent of course ). I want everyone to have fun and enjoy their time. They should not be halted because someone doesn't agree with their view on life, or life in WoW.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

[ This is a story about my character from retail. Just a segment of her life. I apologize beforehand for the length of this story. When I start, I just can't stop. ]

Vanish in Vivid Vain;
Wreckage of the Storm

My fingers casted out to the edge of the small round window, both coiling up anxiously around the marble as I got to my toes. My eyes gazed bewilderingly for the outside, slowly scanning the ebony texture of the distance. These vacant eyes would take a gander outside through the tinted glass every evening, always seeking. As if a child, awaiting for the storm to pass so they could go back and hold their imaginative ventures. Oh how much I would've given to get that chance, alike the others.

The moon had bestowed it's full glory in the midst of my round shaped evening sky, but only lingered there for a portion of counted seconds. I had stared out mindlessly, most likely I had stood fixated upon the distance for ages, ages that had passed by me in a haze. Even though the word 'ages' did not hold any meaning for me, I so blindly used it.

The chimes of the leaves had been wailing in the wind as taunting bells. Out there was the 'free world', a world without these constricting marble walls, the nature that I could never touch, the sunsets and sunrises that I could never completely bask upon.

I detested this temple of atrocity as I frequently called it, the temple I had been forced in since birth.

A silent sigh escaped from my barely parted lips as I swayed towards the door of my chamber, whilst placing my right palm atop of the wood, my head tipped down in thought.
The loneliness had crept in to my heart over the many moons, as if shadows were looming around my being. Fragile as I was, I always stumbling across the perspective of 'hope'.
It has been long, a thousand moons at least and I did not know how much longer I would bare to be inside here. The only ray of light in the darkest corner was the knowledge that my mother was out there, the noble priestess known by everyone in the unknown town around me. 'The faceless' I had called those people, none ever seen by my own eyes, my mirrors to this dreadful barricaded world. The only other face my eyes ever locked upon was my own in the reflection of the evening colored sink water.

Suddenly, a vibration was sent through the wood.
There was someone at the other end of the door seemingly fiddling with the lock.
My eyebrows arched as I stood back while the hand held on the door was now pulled up to my mouth, covering it's 'caught of guard' expression.
It was him, the man I feared the most and my only company in this solitude. He was simply addressed with the name 'Raven' even though this was not his actual name it was the only thing I could mark his also 'faceless' display with.

The door opened with a loud screech, his darkened leather physique slowly revealed through the opening of the door. A faint light fell upon my tender eyes, I squinted them before swiftly letting my arm dangle beside me, it was no good idea to show him my fear.
His hollow eyes stirred eerily through his hood of black, his facial expression mostly completely hidden but I knew that behind his veil that he was smirking, he could already smell my fear and thus he used it.

His hand heaved up, stretching out his leather covered fingers, the palm of his hand facing upwards as if offering for me to take it.

I snorted, whilst in the process fending my gaze off to the right, clearly unamused by his display while I knew he was merely acting to have the slightest care for me, he was a person who'd kick you without remorse would you have fallen down.
Somehow his eyes seemed to glow slightly more of a fiercely topaz than usual as he observed my reaction, his extended arm swiftly -almost invisibly fast- aimed his fist for my stomach breaching the confines of my own leather armor, his knuckles harshly digging in to my abdomen.
I groaned and not just groaned I was loud, this was not the action I had expected yet I should have known due to his disciplinary nature, it was strictly forbidden to bend his will.

I dropped to my knees whilst my arms desperately curled around my stomach.
A faint attempt to soothe myself, must I say now.
Though most of the noise faded from my ears after impact I could still hear his cold snicker echoing through my mind.
His foot then idly kicked towards my right knee -no real impact was done- before he let his hollow voice be heard.

"Get up weakling, it is time for your lectures I advise you to follow me with great haste if you do not wish to be beaten down once again as a fel infested being as yourself deserves".

I held my head dipped low because now was not the time to show him my spiteful glare, I then let my hands go out seeking for the floor before pushing myself to my feet. My eyes stood in disgust as I raised my chin, my gaze sought to follow 'the Raven's' movements.
He had already turned on his heel, his pace slowly advancing forward.
I followed.

Once I entered the walls of his so called 'library' he was already seated atop of a chair, his hidden eyes trailing along the text of an unknown book.
As I stepped forward towards the bookcase something caught my eye, a seemingly old book lied there on the floor, it's pages yellow of age and it's title nearly completely faded.
I dropped to my haunches and took the book within my grasp, curiously attempting to form a word from the faded letters.
A-N-A-I-J-A.
My eyes stood wide, gazing with disbelief at this book, radically attempting to grasp the truth of what why this specific name was noted as title.
But then out of nothing-
The book fell from my hands, hitting the floor with a damped thump.
The Raven had forcefully taken the book from my hands now yet again casting me his empowered topaz glance.

"What do you think you're doing you pathetic pawn, you should not be wasting your lifespan on a trivial book which holds nothing but what I have already told you and traits of the past, you are thoroughly disgusting always trying to clamp your clingy hands on fragments of time, let it go!".

I opened my mouth to also speak but quickly realized that this was not going to do my any justice no matter what I uttered, but -this- I could not let slip past.
I had let everything slip past me but this was too important to me, I -had- to know.

"Why do you hold a book entitled with this name, what is the meaning of this?"

A quiet hiss could be heard escaping from The Raven's breath, shortly but certainly noticeable, where after his knuckles swiped remorselessly across my cheek.
I did not flinch, not a single bit.

"Pathetic little display you show me, puppet but if it is the truth you seek this is what you will get, since I'd-.. "
He paused for a moment, his mocking snicker briefly letting itself be heard.

"Because I'd actually enjoy the gruesome glance you will bestow me afterwards, yes this here book belonged to that lady, if that is the question you so eagerly seek.
That little thing over there was her journal, her fifth journal of the likes. What it is doing here is another question but with no answer that will be shown to you. Within the pages lies information about questionable facts, the becoming of it and it's pathetic end".

My mind froze, questioning his every word.
I wondered what he meant, I wondered what he would say next and I especially wondered why this woman had known this horrid man, but all those questions soon faded in to the depths on my memory.

"Blatantly said, she did not want you, she thought you were evil itself, the fel slowly spreading from inside her, as the plague. Afraid, it would soon take over herself, and -you- were that dreadful, dreadful taint.
She believed that you would be the end itself, the worse creature to have ever lived and slowly you would feed on her, torturing her soul for an eternity, her fear grew larger as every day went by and when it was finally time for your 'disgustfulness' to arise, she would have taken her own life, mere moments after".

I started painfully imagining whilst my hands clenched in to fist, my anger raising slowly like the tides in heavy storm.

I imagined..

Her ever so graceful form stood there at the edge of the tower, her long blue threads flooding on the rhythm of the summer winds, her feet were bare and her gaze completely blank, all the shimmering light of her eyes had faded.
She stepped forwards with her arms spread out, letting herself fall in to the hands of the grim reaper, deranged and crazed with fear. Yet still, her cold facade, calm as a winter's cave.

How could this be? All this time I had been trailing my mind back to that woman, for ages. Always I let myself be comforted by the thought that I would somehow, someday return within her arms to desperately plead to her, asking endless questions about how and why.

But here and now just in mere seconds this 'hope' was broken down, the light within my darkness slowly slipping away from my reach as if the gentle hand offered out to you mockingly pulls back.
I would never get the chance to cry with her, embrace her, learn from her, love her..
Everything I had ever held my head high with when being locked away in this wretched temple had fallen down.
Desperately,I was chasing the eye of the storm.

I sat back in my chambers, in the very middle of my bed,whilst the velvet blinds completely shut around it.
With my eyelids slowly descending over the silvery clad mirrors I called my eyes, my fingers clenched around the sheets, with my nails biting heavily down on to the fabric.
I twitched frequently as the emotional storm passed through every inch of my body, I could not cry even though this was all I would want at a time like this. I seemed to be frozen, the silent yelps ringing alarms in my now hollow head; my mother was no more.

And yet, I was still here, I was still in this forsaken temple out of reach of the outside world. Now more than ever I wanted to escape and I assured myself fiercely I would, I would escape the walls of this dreadful place, out of grasp of evil itself..
The Raven.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope that I've reached out to you in a proper way, and was able to mirror my personality and roleplaying style decently.

With love,

Myth.
Howdy, Myth, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! Thank you very much for your story and your indepth answers -- I'm excited for you to get on in here. Blue is a fine color, and used to be my favorite as well, but I'm a yellow girl, myself! I hope you find what you're looking for. :)

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

I suggest taking a gander at our rules, policies and these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!