Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: New Member Mentor Program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I bring this up because I have run into my share of new players whom don't know what is going on, and is unaware of proper server etiquette.

The idea is simple. When a new person joins CotH, after they fill out the questioner, Send them a PM telling them how to get in contact with a GM when they get in the game.

There would then be a list of players who volunteered to act as mentors to new players, whom the GM would get in contact with to show the new player the ropes of the server.

I see this as a way to get a new player introduced to the server, get them introduced to some other players, maybe even get them into a guild.
That's just.. An amazing idea. If it works, I volunteer here and now.
I am willing to give a hand when able to, as well. Great idea!
I guess we should let staff directly integrate it into the accepting-introductions process if they like it, as well as to wait to see by what mechanism they pair new people with "mentors". Probably a volunteer thread, an "accepted mentor" thread and directing approved peons to their mentor, who should be available for all sorts of questions and help throughout peonship. The mentor signing up should also probably say how many "peons" he can and wants to take on.

That's not to say this couldn't be done before staff systematizes it, but it might lead to adapting-to-the-system-that-comes-next crossover troubles. *shrug*
(06-19-2012, 02:28 AM)sunday12321 Wrote: [ -> ]I am willing to give a hand when able to, as well. Great idea!
An excellent idea! I volunteer as well.
I've been doing this ever since Feburary.
(06-19-2012, 03:55 AM)SunThas Wrote: [ -> ]I've been doing this ever since Feburary.

This^
Should anything come out of this, count me in!
(06-19-2012, 04:13 AM)Vee Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2012, 03:55 AM)SunThas Wrote: [ -> ]I've been doing this ever since Feburary.

This^

MENTORCEPTION. :D

I've been doing this for many months now, and Vee can confirm that. I wouldn't mind having Peons assigned to me, though. :)
A neat idea and I'd love to volunteer.
Look at all of y'all volunteering to be a mentor! I would put my name in the hat as a Peon, but I already am one.

I'd really appreciate some pointers actually. Outside of the basic rules on the wiki one thing I've learned by watching is:

Correct errors in general chat, not spacial.

So I imagine there are many more unspoken rules I am unaware of.

Helpful people can find me on Muireil and Mikola.
Oh, I think there are many "unspoken" rules but typically people will just point when you do something "wrong". Nothing to worry about, there I guess. A typical rule that's actually mentionned to some point is to drop a topic if someone asks, especially if it's got a certain political, religious, etc. etc. connotation. ^^
I'd gladly sign up for this! Though, as my job description says, anyone of you can come to me at anytime to ask questions. In a sense, I'm already one of these! :P
I'd like to sign up for this simply wonderful program.
Pages: 1 2 3