Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sarath - Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)

Oh..Uhm well! I am a 19 soon to be 20 year old longtime warcraft gamer, Played since the third game and got the original WoW on launch date. Started roleplaying in 2008 and continued onwards. Do D&D sometimes and well..That's about it for the roleplaying gamer side! except for that im your usual wine loving bass playing oddity of a goth.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)

German born - Norwegian but i consider my english decent enough for more advanced experiences of roleplay.

So i speak all three. My german is by far the worst though.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Explained above but heres a short summary:

Grabbed warcraft 3 a year or two after frozen throne came out.

Grabbed WoW on launch date.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Actually i was looking up madgods from different types of D&D games for a similar character and i actually misclicked on the link. But as i saw what it was i figured i might as well write the idea down here! And maybe i can flesh out the character more as i progress.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)

I enjoy a mix of "Evil cultist roleplay" Or "Labyrinth roleplay" as i like to call it.
Going through dungeons or places without mobs while a scheming wizard-something is spawning creatures. Creating deadly traps and so on. D&D dungeon crawling if you will :)

And the other kind is playing relaxing tavern Roleplay. I don't enjoy alot of random fighting because it often ends up with arguing so i figured. Why not have a weak jester character which a feature can be getting beaten up for being a nonsensical twit! Heh! it just seemed perfect to me as a solution.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Oooh...Tough question..I guess it's been the mythos around the arachnid races and the old gods thats always interested me..I guess mostly cause blizzard is hesitant on the information and alot is open to interpretation. And as the details roll out i always get an "Aaah! I see" feeling from reading the lore. And class..Hmm..Warrior for PVP, Rogue for roleplay. Smoke bombs are the perfect exit strategy!

What are your expectations of this server?:

Semi-mature to mature roleplayers who take the roleplaying seriously but don't nessescarily need to be an elitist. In short, Serious IC and Casual OOC. except for that my expectations are quite open, I have tried private roleplaying servers before and i always enjoy finding out the developers own little tweaks to the world. Like the portals for an example.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)

The fact that you are quite strict on Arguing misbehaviour, OOC drama is a serious problem which in pair with elitism Alienates alot of new Roleplayers. And i believe your way of handling it is the best. Just strike it down before it gets any further.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(This is not actually required until you aim to move up to Gruntship. Please state your intentions if you wish to complete this later.)

Alright! I squeezed out a character that was bobbing in the back of my head into a template in 30 minutes i can do this!

Short story: Once upon a time in Tanaris there were three trolls in a fickle. They had two humans but were three themselves, One would not get to eat. So they asked the Mad-god and he gave them an axe. The trolls looked at the axe before one hacked the other troll down. The mad-god laughed and said "It was for cutting up the meal you silly Voodoo worshippers"

Sigmund: And that's a true story! *Manic cackle*

One of Sigmünds more untruthfull stories

Something serious:

In the age of peace, there was two simple minded elves by the name of borthar and Kilmir, One an archer the other a mage. They were good friends and the friendship lasted long untill the High elves were banished from the Night elf countries, Kilmir finding it harder and harder to find an arcane source, He slowly ascended into a husklike creature, Sucking arcane and fel Shards from past battles for nourishment in the desolate areas of northern barrrens..In the meanwhile a lone hunter wanders out into the woods, Told by the sentinels of the dangers he knows to stay hidden and does so masterfullly, And that killing horde invaders will be rewarded generously. The elf see's this archer and strings up an arrow. He allows the fingers to slip as the bowstring flings before his eyes, spearing the creature through the neck..Upon running up to see what this horrid beast might be, He see's the eyes of an old friend..And so ends a short tale in ashenvale

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)

Uhm yes. I think i posted my character in the wrong forum, Could that be fixed? Thank you! Sigmund - human rogue
Howdy, Sarath, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! I like your unique answer to 'favorite races', I think it means playable races but this is neat! I'm also a fan of the Silithid Lore as it gets pretty interesting.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

I suggest taking a gander at our rules, policies and these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

:) Again, welcome, and thank you for your polite and expansive answers. I hope you enjoy your stay~!
Thank you for the quick and friendly reply uhm on playable races i would say Tauren just to have it clarified, Love their mulgore Nomadish "We are the giant people who bother no one if they do not bother us" attitude. And the fact that they are giant bull men! :D

Uhm i had a few questions as i was wondering - Can i create a character in the realmlist now? Has my "account" been made for your server?

I sendt you in a character sheet might have been on the wrong forum thread area thingy, I don't have a copy of him, Could you move him to another forum?

I read the rules the moment i joined before writing so no worries!

And finally: Thank you for letting me join once more!
Willokommem *if i spelt that right* CotH! *dont know to in german lol*

Ich heiBe SunThas und "Crazy gnome guy".
(06-21-2012, 09:02 AM)Sarath Wrote: [ -> ]Uhm i had a few questions as i was wondering - Can i create a character in the realmlist now? Has my "account" been made for your server?

Did you go to the account management page and register? Though it is not required, it is recommended you use your forum name.

(06-21-2012, 09:02 AM)Sarath Wrote: [ -> ]I sendt you in a character sheet might have been on the wrong forum thread area thingy, I don't have a copy of him, Could you move him to another forum?

Character Profiles go here! If you are still working on it and would like player feedback, you can place it here!

I will PM you your profile.
Thank you! I also just wanted to add that in my Passionate moments of writing i wrote two character sheets at once without having one approved first. I would just like to Apologize for this and was wondering *Placed this in my thread on Sigmund* Will one of them be deleted? If so, Could you tell me beforehand so i could perhaps pick? (If not then right now my obvious choice would be sigmund as he is the character i had worked on beforehand :) )

Oh and thanks for the lovely welcome! Hopefully i'l join you ingame soon enough! :D