Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A small introduction for a small gnome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello, I am Marijn and I'm 20 years old, I've been playing games all my life, I've been seen 2-handing a mouse at the age of 3 years old.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the ever so flat and boring Holland. My primary language in theory is Dutch, but ever since I played games and Watched TV I've learned english. I even have a fancy cambrdige advanced english certificate that sez ai kan speek very gud englisj broh.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A few of my friends starting playing way back when, vanilla times, and I was like, pfft subscription.. but I tired it anyway, I made a character and was like OMG THIS IS A WORLD AND IT IS HUUUGE, OMG THERES A CAVE WITH YETI'S OMG I CAN SHOOT FIREBALLS. My then 12 year old mind was fine with that. Later I really started to enjoy the stories going and the lore behind it. Although I haven't played for like ages, so most of it has kinda waned.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
A friend of mine told me about you, Grimbok, He joined yesterday. He was telling me about it and showed me some stuff and I was like, dang, now I wanna play WoW again. And then I realised, Why the hell not? :o

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I've not really roleplayed all that much in my time, I was always on a PVP server, but I enjoyed messing about a bit. Once I switched over I always felt a bit outmatched by all those elitist super RPing people, so kinda sticked to being a side character and watched stuff unfold around me. But boy, do i love seeing stuff unfold. I don't really care much either way for the kinds of stuff that unfold. Epic tales of heroism, or simple bar room brawls, all can be equally pleasing. I am usually not one to initiate, but if I fall into a role I enjoy in an RP, I do play my part.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Gnome mage. There's a saying in Dutch: "Kort maar krachtig" which roughly translate to short but powerful. In real life I may be quite tall, but I enjoy the idea of a small guy with a lot of (unexpected) power. Also, everyone hates gnomes, which is always hilarious.

What are your expectations of this server?:
RPing lots of it. And people who know their stuff. Like.. KNOW their stuff. Only problem is I'm going to have to learn to know my stuff..

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The humility, One thing that always bothered me about the RPing I did, is the fact that most of the time every person tries to swing things their way, But I much prefer to have someone play out his/her ideas, because usually when someone takes the time to think of something cool, it's worth seeing/letting it happen.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
There once was a gnome named Zapher, who everyone spoke of as 'dapper'.
He was the biggest fan of the arcane art, Magic and wizardry always close to his heart.
But alas, poor Zapher was unable to cast a frostbolt, fireball or arcane blast.
No talent had he for anything magic, and thus was the plight of our hero quite tragic.

But do not despair or tremble in panic, our brave little gnome was quite the mechanic!

In the days of his youth, he'd built gadgets and whizmos,
And though his contraptions were dangerous, they were neat little gizmos.
But he realised one day, whilst twiddling a sprocket:
"What's a fireball, Zapher, if not a great flaming rocket?"
And so he set out to build, with all of his skill,
A contraption to allow him to bend to his will
The magic that for so many years he'd desired,
But up until now, he had never acquired!

At first it was crude, but with time he grew
And managed to mimic a wizard, so shrew.
He gathered his courage, and all of his gears,
And went out to show this magic to his peers.
They were so dazzled by his 'magical' actions,
They failed to notice, his hidden contraptions.
over the years he became so adept with computers,
that he could even fool his old magic tutors.

So now he went back to halls where he once wept
and all of the mages to the floor he swept.
the great wizards were amazed at his new abilities,
all of which, he had gained through ancillaries
They gave to him, a title and hat,
befitting a wizard, and that was that.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope, writing that epic fried my brain
Howdy, Marijn, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! I'm so utterly delighted that you want to play a gnome -- I'm more or less the gnome queen here, so Hug get on in here and make me proud with some good quality gnoming!

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

I suggest taking a gander at our rules, policies and these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

:) Again, welcome, and thank you for your polite and expansive answers. I hope you enjoy your stay~!
Welcome aboard, my friend. I knew it wouldn't take you long!