Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I have two younger brothers who are obsessed with video games and my father was an avid fan of RPG games from the NES/SNES era so one could say that I was raised playing these types of games. Even in games where there wasn't an RPG element, I found myself straining against the linear game play, making up plot ideas in my head. As a writer and a stage actress, the idea of stepping out of your skin and pretending to be something else for a while isn't strange to me at all; I look at it as a sort of escape from the monotony of everyday life.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live in north-east Ohio, US; I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My brothers played it first and I had dabbled in MMORPGs like Mabigoni and Runescape before. I decided to try the retail trial but quickly became bored with that. I played on the Molten-wow server for a bit but I was unamused with the constant PVP-heavy theme in the discussions, or the amount of people who didn't respect IC playing.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I googled RP private servers and I was particularly attracted to the title of it, as I have often found the Alliance races either silly or boring. I also really like the fact that you have an approval process with several steps involved; while others may think it to be a pain, I think it further enhances the environment once you have earned your place as a part of it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy fantasy and historical RP, I've worked in a haunted house on several occasions so if horror role play is a thing, then I consider myself a fan x) I am always open to new types of RP as I am a very curious person, eager to learn about this community I am so new to.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have always found myself drawn to blood elves, and not just because they're the "pretty race." Upon researching the race in my free time, I found the history of their secession from their high elf brethren quite intriguing. I have played almost every other race, but blood elves are always my favourite. I'm pretty flexible class-wise, though I have played hunters and warlocks most frequently.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm excited to see how it works, as it is my first wow-rp server, and from what I've heard and read I know I'm going to enjoy it. (:

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect. As a female gamer, it was somewhat difficult to witness the conversations on the public channels both in retail and in Molten, and not just the ones pertaining to sexism. There is an overall air of hostility that people will approach strictly PVP-realms with and I hope that this server will offer the sense of community and fantasy element that my previous experiences have lacked.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

He was tragically beautiful, but in the sickest, most pathetic way. he was somewhat shrunken, with a boy’s body but carried it like a man. He looked like he was born prematurely, and I would later realise he lived that way too. His back had scars from where his mother put out her cigarettes on him. He lost his virginity at 13. He had pain, in his knees, back and soul that would rival any 80 year old. This is what I knew as he told me.
But the inferences, what he couldn’t manage to let me see, that is what intrigued me and tortured me the most. He never had the heart to tell me he still did heroin. I saw his track marks, the symptoms and the late night phone calls. He couldn’t tell me about why he did the things he did, like ignoring me for hours with no explanation. I heard plenty from others but I didn’t, and, as I loved him, I couldn’t; I still can’t believe them.
I have every reason to believe them and I have every reason to doubt.
I don’t know if he really broke up with me for my own good, or if he was being the selfish playboy that he is made out to be.
I don’t know if he ever loved me, or if he never loved me.
I don’t know if he has the capacity to love, or if he just knows better.
I loved him. It wasn’t a healthy love, or a reciprocated love or even a romantic love. I saw someone who needed and I wanted to be his life saver, his renewal, his reason for change.
I blame myself to this day for the failure of that idea. I convinced myself it would be easier if I hated him. I had spent at least two months pouring myself into this boy; I wanted to show him the pain I was feeling.
What I don’t know, what keeps me awake at night and keeps me writing shit like this, is:
Were you hurting, too? Or am I making a fool out of myself again?
Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Thank you for taking the time to read this :3 I greatly anticipate joining this community!
Howdy, horr0rbusiness, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! Oh, my, what do I comment on first? Firstly, I really dug the beat of your story. I've worked a few [small-scale] horror houses myself, so that's awesome -- aren't they so much fun? I love haunted houses in general, so it was neat to be on the "other side". And, finally -- we've a lot of female players (myself included), so though I can't -guarantee- no sexism, I can at least assure you that there's a lot of respect here. :) If you ever come upon an issue like that, immediately send logs to a GM or one of our Admin Overlords.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

I suggest taking a gander at our rules, policies and these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

:) Again, welcome, and thank you for your polite and expansive answers. I hope you enjoy your stay~!