Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: March on Tor'Watha
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My brothers and sisters, my Sin'dorei, we have come a long way to restoring our former glory. From Sunwell's restored shine has brought a great deal of happiness to us all. Today many people strive in their own way to maintain this state we've arrived at, far above the despair where we had originally fallen. I applaud the efforts of all organizations who try to make sure we never fall to despair again.

However, we cannot allow ourselves to be content with the times as they are now. The restoration of our lands is not yet complete. There are many enemies right here in Eversong that we must face. One of those enemies stands in the south. Yes, I speak of the trolls of Tor'watha. Why do we continue to let them exist on our land, building a base of power for themselves? If we wait too long they will have a foothold in Eversong that cannot be easily overcome.

Sin'dorei, I ask for your aid. We must strike out at these trolls and make them fear the power of Silvermoon. Such savages need to be taught in the only language they understand, war. Join the battle and help us continue to restore our glory. For the Sin'dorei!

Signed,

Magister Duraza Bloodsun & Lord Leron Silverfang

OOC Info

Hey guys, so the idea behind this is simple. Duraza is gathering elves (and other Horde races if you'd be interested in fighting for him) fight alongside him and his men against the trolls of Tor'Watha. Leron has agreed to use the Blades of the Silverfang to aid Duraza's cause and so he will be leading the effort along with Duraza.

To fight the trolls Duraza has gotten Lari's (Flammos) help in engineering a gauntlet that can shoot out flames. Trolls, being unable to heal burn wounds, will be vulnerable to this weapon. It will be usable by both casters and non-casters, however anyone who wants to use one will have to attend Lari's training session on the weapon. Afterwards your character will be granted the ability to use the weapon in the special attack that focuses on the usage of fire as well as for a fun emote the duration of the event as a whole. Afterwards Duraza (who paid for those...) will be reclaiming all flame gauntlets.

Now, the Amani trolls aren't a force to be defeated or even severely crippled by a ragtag group of Blood Elves, assembled together in a week. The actual targets of our attacks will not be the core strength of Tor'Watha and the Amani warriors. Instead, we will aim at the citizens in the outer reaches of Tor'Watha. ICly we won't be diving deep into their territory but only attacking the outskirts. You will still encounter some Amani warriors as well but you aren't fighting Tor'Watha's own troops. We'd be crushed. Instead, by having citizens rally to start aggressions against the forest trolls, Duraza and Leron hope to make the Amani threat more visible to Silvermoon's citizens (i.e. other players). Additionally, destroying the normal people of the Amani helps in removing the warriors of the next generation who would be born from normal men and women.

Each battle will be turn by turn, /roll 100, crits, no counters. To remove the slow pace that comes incase we get 15+ people for a combat event, I'll try and have more than one group. Each group will have its own separate DM (if worst comes to worst, I can always dual client). This way, you don't get stuck waiting for 15 people to make a turn before you get to. Leads to a faster paced and more enjoyable event when the group isn't gigantic in my opinion.

Each battle will also have objectives. Completing these objectives will lead to a successful battle. If there are multiple groups, then groups might have different objectives. If there is one group, then that group will have all the objectives. These objectives will be things like:

-Kill X amount of Amani villagers
-Destroy 1 hut
-Take down 2 Amani warriors

Not all objectives need to be completed but instead some will ideally make the overall campaign easier or the next battle less difficult. It will also lead to interesting play with groups and I like to think of the after event rp that can happen when everyone's trying to find out the whole story, etc. Needless to say, I'm hoping this objective & group thing goes well.

Non-Combat Events

There will be two non-combat events.

Using A Fire Gauntlet, Sunday July 1st 2pm Server Time: Want to learn to use the fire gauntlet? Come and train with Lari as she shows you how to utilize it to the best of your ability in combat. Must be done if you want access to a fire gauntlet for the duration of the campaign.

Spoiler:
List of characters that have gained gauntlet access:

Krian
Sivak
Lylia

Strategy Wins Wars, Friday July 6th 6pm Server Time: We have gained information that an outside source has left our enemies with supplies. They now have weapons and armor, making them much more formidable than average villagers. How should we best approach this battle? Is retreat the better option? At times like these, we Sin'dorei must rely on our superior intellect to crush the savage mind.

War Events

There will be a total of four War events. Details including objectives will be added as each battle approaches.

The First Battle, Tuesday July 3rd 3pm Server Time: Prepare your weapons. We will make our first strike against Tor'Watha. It is time to cut down those savages and start on the path to victory.

Spoiler:
Details:
-Kill 15 Amani villagers
-Defeat 1 Amani warrior
-Defeat 1 Amani scout
-Find map of Tor'Watha's outer region

Results:
All objectives completed successfully. A position in a village on the outskirts of Tor'Watha has been established and is currently being defended. Two casualties were suffered in the battle against the Amani warrior. The map has given us aid for planning future attacks.

Fight Trolls With Fire, Thursday July 5th 3pm Server Time: In ancient times when elves battled trolls, the elves used their knowledge of the arcane to destroy the trollish armies with ease. Now the trolls have learned the arcane. However, we of Silvermoon will never be on the level of savages. With our advancements in technology we will show the Amani how far behind the times they still are.

Spoiler:
Details:
-Protect Fuel resupply tanks
-Defeat 2 Amani Shaman
-Burn down Shaman Hut with provisions

Results:
All objectives completed successfully. Destruction of the Shaman hut has led to a weakening of this outer village. Villagers are moving away from the current area of occupation. Most have abandoned the area immediately surrounding the destroyed hut.

Village of Heresy, Friday July 6th, 2pm Server Time: Something's off about this attack. We came in expecting a normal group of trolls, little resistance. But a few of these villagers are far more vicious than normal... Even the animals are acting strangely. And it all seems to be coming from one hut in particular. What could be going on?

Spoiler:
Details:
-Destroy the strange spire

Armed To The Teeth, Sunday July 8th, 2pm Server Time: Traitors. Someone has given the Amani supplies. They come at us now with weapons, armor, and wrath. This will be the decisive battle. Can our forces hold out against them, or will we have to retreat to save ourselves?

Spoiler:
Details to be decided in Strategy Wins Wars event!
Sounds like Vainar's boat. Count me in. Though, you know, we could probably just solo it with Vainar and some meatshields.

Just sayin'.
I just wanted to thank everyone who came out to the first promotion event! We got quite a crowd, discussed things, and even had a really interesting side argument for a little while (and proud warring Belves got to show just how proud and violent they can be)! I will be updating the main post with new information after Thursday's event (including information on the times for the battles and such). Be on the lookout.
Crap. I didn't see this before. Expect Krest to be there, along with a couple of Elites from the Blades.
Once again, thanks to all who came to the recruitment events (and for all those who have ICly decided to join in the battle)! The actual events are now listed up along with more information for you to sink your teeth into. After a few chats with some of the other players involved I should have the times for those events up sometime Friday (or at least the times for those earlier in the week!). Note that you can join whatever events you'd like, it's always up to you.
This'll be awesome. /snicker.
Burning things down with fire gauntlets has never felt so good.
Spoiler:

A Troll?

[Image: kill_it_with_fire_demotivational_poster_...232628.jpg]

Alright, the first few things have their times up! The other events will more than likely take place on July 6th and 7th but I'm waiting to find out whether those dates will still mesh with my schedule and the schedule of a couple others. Still I should have the rest of the times up in a couple of days!
Agh! Y not sooner? :C

When I have days off. :C

Like before the 4th?
JUM'BWAN STANDS...

(with the Trolls)

(But maybe I have another interested Hordie)
(06-30-2012, 12:02 PM)Reese Wrote: [ -> ]JUM'BWAN STANDS...

(with the Trolls)

...Win.

In other news, thanks for those who came out to the first event! Remember, you can now feel free to use the fire gauntlet at any of the combat events. Of course, the "Fight Trolls With Fire" is the special one for those gauntlets.
First, Just wanted to say thanks to those who participated in the event yesterday! It was a lot of fun. Dates for the other events have been posted and the final event will be on Sunday (due to my own partly crazy schedule). Just a reminder that the next event is Tomorrow! Come out if you can!
Thanks to everyone who came to another fun event today.

Just needed to make a note that the noncombat event "Strategy Wins Wars" has been moved to Friday at 6pm server time. My saturday is a bit busy so hopefully people can make it on Friday instead. If no one shows, I'll try and host it on Saturday at 10am server time and if that doesn't work, its no big deal. We will just move on to the finale on Sunday. Also, I've added a Results section to those spoilers for the events so far completed just so others can have some idea of what has happened with each fight.
Whelp, I wanted to thank everyone who came out to events or helped me out with them! It was a lot of fun and I got to meet and rp with plenty of new people as well! Hope you all enjoyed and happy rping!