Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction - Franzmallalieu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Introduction - franzmallalieu

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I have been a roleplayer for 4 years now. I own a Wehrmacht RP community called the 92nd Infantry Division (which Nymus belongs to Beer) and moderate that frequently - I know how big of a pain in the arse running a community can be. On a more pleasant topic, I've played on countless RP servers, specifically on games like Garry's Mod. As a player, I tend to focus on RP and not use the OOC areas/chat often at all. When I get into RP, I won't do anything else at all - even menial tasks like replying to PMs Grin2. I don't care if the other player knows nothing about the topic, and I'll just improvise if they mess up often, as I'd rather RP constantly than stop to correct them every few seconds with minor mistakes. I'm not a grammar Nazi, though I do use fairly decent grammar (like this) in both OOC and IC on servers that I play on.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from Aberdeen, Scotland. My primary language is English, though I speak a good bit of Spanish and can carry on a regular conversation in German with one or two words translated.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I heard about Warcraft from a few classmates - when they weren't being stereotypical Americans and constantly playing sports, they often were at their computers, raiding or RPing. I had also known about Warhammer 40,000 and Fantasy since age 5, and often read short stories on the web about those IPs. Warcraft just seemed perfect to me (though I'm ashamed to not have played the original strategy games) - I began at around age 8 when WoW first came out and loved the cartoony art style, community and atmosphere to the game. Eventually, my Warcraft client refused to work at all, and we all know how useless Blizzard technical support is. After a few years, I tried it again, but I just didn't enjoy it as I used to - the playerbase went to hell and everyone was suddenly an asshole, the max level possible at the time, or a die hard "YOU DIDN'T HEAL AAAAAAAAAAH" raider. (and nothing more annoys me even to this day, I'm casual as can be when it comes to actual combat)

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Nymus told me about the server (only today, actually). I was already interested when I heard you could get armour for your RP character without the sometimes OP stats of the level required for it, and I love what I see so far in terms of the atmosphere, the playerbase and the overall casual sort of thing you guys have going. I just generally like the fact that everything is pretty lose except rules and RP guidelines - I run my community in a much similar way. The thing that really drew me in was the RP aspect of the server, which I think will be amazing fun.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love medieval RP, world war two RP and science fiction RP. Fantasy has always been interesting and intriguing to me, specifically due to the fact that Western fantasy takes a lot of things from Norse mythology - I've been a LOTR nerd since age 3 and always will be. Crazy2

What is your favourite race/class? Why?:
(I had to use the British spellings here, can't help myself O.o)
I love playing as Draenei and Undead characters. My favourite class tends to be Rogue or Warrior - Projectiles (magic and arrows) tend to be spamming the attack button over and over again until the enemy dies. I love the graphics style of Warrior & Rogue armour and can't resist the Tier sets, and I love the overall lore of the Undead and Draenei characters, mostly because of the whole Forsaken lore set and the fact that Draenei are essentially blue space aliens with nice hair :D.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Strict roleplay guidelines, great community and using items as required for RP (armour sets with no stats, for example).

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Dropping all drama and getting back to the roleplay. I can't stand OOC drama, that's the community owner in me. I absolutely hate that and will typically ban anyone that starts any sort of shit (excuse my French).

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The sky was a navy blue colour, and the ground below the Wehrmacht's muddy boots was thin, murky and rained out. Operation Barbarossa had just began, and the Wehrmacht began their invasion of the Soviet union, trying to overwhelm the few infantry divisions stationed at the Western border. It was obvious that, after the march, the Soviets would do their best to prevent the invasion altogether; firefights were going to be full of losses on both sides. Though the Soviets had countless men & women willing to fight for their country, the Germans had elite, heavily trained infantry - training was often almost impossible in terms of the physical requirements, and marksmanship was difficult for the new recruits; most of them had never held a weapon in their lives, far less a high calibre, top of the line rifle. The upcoming fight was going to be tough, but the recruits had never seen battle before; their morale was high, they had top of the line equipment, superior training and some of the strongest soldiers (mentally) in the world. It was going to be a good campaign for the Fatherland.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Community owner & experienced RPer.
Howdy, Franzmallalieu, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! Whooooo-eee if that is not a typalicious name :3! If Undead's your thing, may I suggest looking into The Black Harvest, our Militant Forsaken guild. It's the largest guild, actually, and very active. It may be up your alley.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

I suggest taking a gander at our rules, policies and these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

:) Again, welcome, and thank you for your polite and expansive answers. I hope you enjoy your stay~!
(06-24-2012, 08:20 PM)franzmallalieu Wrote: [ -> ]What is your favourite race/class? Why?:
(I had to use the British spellings here, can't help myself O.o)
I love playing as Draenei and Undead characters. My favourite class tends to be Rogue or Warrior - Projectiles (magic and arrows) tend to be spamming the attack button over and over again until the enemy dies. I love the graphics style of Warrior & Rogue armour and can't resist the Tier sets, and I love the overall lore of the Undead and Draenei characters, mostly because of the whole Forsaken lore set and the fact that Draenei are essentially blue space aliens with nice hair :D.

Glad to see you're a community leader and that you're very serious about roleplay, I'm sure you can provide a fresh perspective to the server.

Also, Draenei recently became tied with Goblin and Tauren as my favorite race. There aren't a lot of Draenei characters active on the server but since Draenei are a new face to Azeroth you'll find yourself welcomed by most Alliance folk if not also seen as a bit odd looking. As for Forsaken, like Cara said, the Black Harvest is a great guild and there are also other guilds here that welcome RP with Forsaken. Anyways, good luck and welcome to the server!