Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Fenglord Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How did you get into Warcraft?:
Originally, my brother discovered World of Warcraft, and he had tons of fun with it. I watched him play and it seemed really entertaining. I joined WoW around the time BC came out, and even though I've taken breaks from it (it cost too much, it got stale, etc), I've played ever since.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I found this community by way of recommendation from some friends, from what they said about you guys and the way you run the server, it seemed like a really entertaining source of Roleplay that I couldn't get from normal WoW.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy anything from light, casual tavern RP to intense, heavy military RP. I'm a pretty agreeable person, and really any RP works for me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is hands down the Gnomes. They are probably the most entertaining, varied, and enjoyable race to roleplay in my opinion. I love them because they are such troopers. They are deceptively tough, and remarkably intelligent.
As for favorite class? Rogue. I'm not really a fan of rushing in all macho-like, and I'm not really a fan of standing back and waggling my fingers until something falls over. Rogue always stood out to me as the "jack of all trades" and the "common man" class. It really seemed like Rogues were the most talented of the classes, they are (for the most part) self-taught, and they don't have any blessings or magical imbuements, they are just normal people with innate talents.

What are your expectations of this server?:
It seems like I'm putting myself over the people who run this server if I say I have "high expectations", but from what I heard from my friends, this server sounds pretty amazing. I guess I do have high expectations.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Most of them, really. In normal WoW, I played on Wyrmrest Accord, and a lot of PvPers go there because apparently, RP servers have an alluring factor to PvPers apparently. Anyway, out of the people who didn't RP or didn't understand why people RP, not many of them respected it, or griefed it.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'm not sure if it should pertain to WoW or not, but I'll use a story I wrote for my Four-Year-Old niece for a demonstration:
Once upon a time, there was a little dragon named Davey, who lived in a town which had no food to feed everyone!
Davey loved to frolic in the flowers with his Serbian friend, Vlad.
Davey and Vlad once froliced past the flowers, into an empty field!
By the time they realized that they left the flower patch, they also realized that they were lost!
Davey and Vlad were scared, so they sat next to each other, huddling for warmth as the sun started to set on the horizon.
They saw a shadow approaching. A tall, cloaked figure, with two silver dollars for eyes.
"Hello, kiddies." The figure spoke. "Would you like a delicious, nutritious treat?" A large, shining red apple.
"Oh no!" proclaimed Vlad. "I've heard of those! They say if you eat one, you'll lose some of the protective fat on your body!"
"That sounds horrible!" gasped Davey. "Who would eat one of those things?"
The cloaked figure sighed, and removed its cloak. It was Michelle Obama. She started to tear up, and she sprinted away from the children, crying her eyes out and mumbling something about Farmer's Markets.
The children looked at each other. "Huh." They both said in unison.
The little dragon buried his head in his hands. "I want to go home!" sobbed Davey. Davey started to cry dragon tears, which as we all know turn into delicious Thin Mints!
A light bulb popped up over Vlad's head. "Davey!" he yelled. "Keep crying!"
"Nah, I'm not feeling very sad." said Davey, as he chewed on a Thin Mint.
"Really?" asked Vlad. "Your mother is on her third husband, who is cheating on her. By the time you are an adult, the world economy will be so deep in the toilet, the only option is to flush. You will never have a girlfriend, because you are ugly. And you smell."
"W-W-What?" Davey sobbed. "That's not t-true!" Davey started to cry so hard that the Thin Mints piled up and up until they were lifted far into the sky!
The tower of sugary goodness shook, and the two fell to one side, and ended up landing in their town! They cheered in existential enjoyment (which isn't a very exciting kind of happiness) and jumped for joy now that they were back home! The people of the town cheered and jumped because they all had the most nutritious food ever, Thin Mints!

The End.

P.S. Later that day, Davey caved into depression, and has never recovered.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not really. I'm sorry if the above story offended or made you uncomfortable in any way. I think we've all had a difficult relationship with a dragon. That's it. Thanks for reading.
Salutations Fenglord, Master of Dragons! My name is Xigo, and it's totally radical to open our rusty painted-gold gates for you to enter Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, you should probably check out those fancy-pants rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM (they're dem folk with the green names) on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness! 'Course, there's /join adult for our... adult players. But that place has two rules and I've broken them already.

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and good luck RPing!

Huh! Who recommended you here? Any usernames?

Xasperatedly Xcited,
Xigo
(06-25-2012, 06:05 PM)Fenglord Wrote: [ -> ]What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is hands down the Gnomes. They are probably the most entertaining, varied, and enjoyable race to roleplay in my opinion. I love them because they are such troopers. They are deceptively tough, and remarkably intelligent.

Spoiler:
[Image: mekkatorquewantsyourlt.jpg]

Heck freakin' yes! *wipes away a tear* Oh, my Gnomish heart rejoices this day. Welcome to CoTH -- I am excessively excited to see these gnomes of yours! :3