Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: "You have been disconnected from the server."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. I've checked my realmlist in all folders.
2. I've checked all my files.
3. I've checked all configs.
I repeatedly get the error "You have been disconnected from the server." every time I try to connect to CoTH's game servers. I can still log into my account on account management. I haven't been banned. And yes, I have connected once before. :(
I get this error at the login screen.
I have checked that I have the correct patch (which I do)
First, we can begin by clearing the cache! (WoW Directory > Cache. Delete everything in that folder)
Now, this might be something with your internet and or firewall preventing connection to CoTH's address, as well. If that is the case, then Kretol will need to take it from there, as I don't know much to do about it.
Are you using your login name and not your email? That tends to be a common problem. And you mentioned you checked your realmlist in all folders - elaborate on that, please! Does that mean you only have one? And/or you checked the contents of it/them?
I have been using my login name, yes. I have a realmlist loose in the torrented WoW 3.3.5a and a Config file in WTF. I have checked the content and they all have the correct info.

I will go clear the cache now.

Clearing the cache didn't help.
Where is the realmlist? What is the file name? What's in it?
Realmlist is in the main torrent directory. set realmlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com
set patchlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us
And the filename? Is there another one in ./Data/enUS?
Not all too certain this would change all too much, but you can remove the last two lines of the realmlist file so it'll be:
set realmlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com

Not:
set realmlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

Not sure this will change much, again, but it's worth a shot.
Didn't help.

Well. Time to try a universal solution - reinstall.
Is WoW able to connect through your firewalls?

Are you sure you're on the same patch as us?
What did you do after the first time you connected? What was changed?
Absolutely nothing. I'm reinstalling now, I cba to go through all of this. Hopefully my characters are saved.
Here is a list of stuff I can propose from personal experience. I'm not a very tech minded, savvy woman, but I can pinpoint the following issues (hopefully only one issue)

> Reset your router, most often shutting it 15-20 minutes and restarting.

> Check your firewall. Both the Windows firewall and your official one. Disable them and try to login WoW, if it works fine, it's most likely WoW being somehow blocked. Make exceptions for WoW.exe and other programs relative to WoW.

> Check your DNS settings. You have no idea how much Internet can bork when DNS settings are poorly configured. I'm not a very tech-minded girl, so I'll have to direct you to Google and/or tech support for this one, but I know I had my girlfriend completely reconfig my router a while ago because of DNS errors, but I couldn't direct you here. If you often encounter Error 105, this is most likely the reason.
> I don't know how to solve this error, but execute cmd.exe, then type ipconfig /all. If you have a long list of "tunnel connections", you should most likely fix this issue (Google is your friend).

> Check your very connection. It's possible you're suffering microcuts, either from poor settings, Easy Connect (a feature present on increasingly more routers, I don't have the exact name), or radio interference. In this case, you most normally don't even notice the split-second cut (some games handle them fine, and Chrome/Firefox/Explorer shouldn't bork on them), but WoW is very weak to these from personal experience.

> Update your router firmware, I am told. I'll add, make sure all of your drivers are up to date. In doubt, reinstall. If you have the money, try to invest in another WiFi device. Try to disable your WiFi unility software too, especially if you login through Windows.

> If you're on Ethernet, the length and quality of the cable often causes poor connections that cause the handshaking, etc. to fail and the connection to disconnect. At least it did in the past, I'm on WiFi so it's a wild guess here.

Either way, the issue has to come from YOUR end, if indeed you also have these errors on your retail WoW.