Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hacking and Jokes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

Recently, a few situations have come up where there's been public joking and/or claims of attempted or completed hacking within the community, and before it becomes any more common a topic to joke about, we'd like to hit the nail on the head right away.

Hacking is a bannable offense. If we discover that someone on this server has attempted to hack the account of another member, we'll act immediately and harshly. It's something we take very, very seriously.

Therefore, it would be greatly appreciated if the jokes were cut down on a bit for everyones' sakes. Even a harmless joke about such a serious issue and offense may, if you're unlucky, have severe consequences.

Sincerely,
The GM Team
People joke about this stuff?

[Image: 33a2d6f05b4f1b5283de800e8b4faa49.jpeg]
Ban 'em hackers.
Question- what's the view on color changers for text? Obviously not for use in RP, but I tend to joke around in OOC with it on occasion, saying stuff like "Yup! That tasted purple!" in bright purple, or <3s in pink.
(06-27-2012, 01:51 PM)Abishua Wrote: [ -> ]Question- what's the view on color changers for text? Obviously not for use in RP, but I tend to joke around in OOC with it on occasion, saying stuff like "Yup! That tasted purple!" in bright purple, or <3s in pink.
We've never really had that problem crop up before in any meaningful way.

My two cents? I'd allow it, just use it in moderation. Don't spam it or use it in all of your OOC conversations, as it may aggravate the senses.

I know that I personally get headaches when reading multi-colored text.
[Image: 9127351.jpg]
Psst, Nymus. PM me your characters so I can bother you 24/7.