Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kratoury's Amazingly Mundane Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well okay then, on your insistence I suppose that I could break my usual rule regarding talking about myself in order to do my single favorite thing: talk about myself. Having not actually spent any time about this place I can't really gauge how average my personality or even general play-style is though, so I'm going to go ahead and just give you the basic rundown. I am fairly sarcastic and enjoy joking around whenever the occasion allows, but then as far as I'm concerned pretty much every point in time is a good point to enjoy yourself so take that as you will. Moving on from there I'm pretty playful and I can't actually think of anything that would properly offend me, though again rather or not that's really a merit is up to debate. Play-style wise, I don't have much in the way of regularly used plays. For the most part I'm up for just about anything, but I do happen to be almost cripplingly shy so while I'm always happy to participate in whatever, just don't count on me to initiate things too often.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

The United States of America. I'm actually situated on the West Coast, though I have moved around a fair bit in the past. As far as language is concerned English is my primary, and I don't have any real secondary language. I just only just barely enough to recognize various languages as Spanish, German, and Japanese respectively. No I can not speak these languages, no I can not roleplay in them. At the moment I'm working on building some of this up to fluency, but it's only really in my free time so it could be a long while before I can properly communicate with these languages assuming that I ever actually get around to it.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Oh boy. Well this story would have come out eventually anyways, so we might as well go into it now. I'll summarize for you though, so feel free to thank me for doing so next time you see me waltzing about.

It must have been about nine years now since I first picked up Warcraft III. Even now the memories of whatever circumstances surrounded this occasion are wispy at best, but the point remains that I did in fact get a hold of the game in question. From what I recall I spent the better part of some school vacation or another fiddling with the game and I just absolutely love the lore behind the game. Everything seemed so well written and clean back then, though to be fair at that point I couldn't tell you what a semicolon was used for so maybe hesitate to take my word on things. I haven't particularly looked over it since then, but despite my previous statement I'm just gonna work off of the assumption that it was perfect in every way and move on. So fast-forward about four years, and now we're hitting the whole of it.

Around this time I had my first encounter with WoW and to be honest I wasn't super big on it. I played it some, but it was just too mechanical for my tastes. Then I met someone, don't even remember who, and they just sort of drew me into a roleplay. Evidently I impressed them or something since they invited me to do it again some time and eventually that led to my joining some roleplaying guild. It wasn't very high-class and had a pretty low skill cap but things were still fun and it sort of got me hooked on the idea of roleplaying as a form of entertainment. So from there I worked at getting better, decided to become an English major because of it, and ultimately I wound up here. So yeah, there you go. That's the story in it's compact form. For the love of everything you hold dear do not ask me for the long version.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

What drew me to this server specifically. Well I've played on a variety of different servers before, but nothing made just for roleplaying. If you want to say anything makes this attractive, that would be it. There are a few other things as well though, namely the set up for the site here, the required applications which I liken to a weeding process to be honest, and the formatting here. I don't know if things are particularly nice, but regardless everything is laid out in a simple, easy to find and use fashion. That's something that I prefer to be honest, and it keeps my eyes from exploding due to an overabundance of bright colors and particle effects.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

This answer is pretty short and probably seems like a cop-out but to be frank this isn't something I feel the need to elaborate on. I enjoy all types of roleplay, maybe it's fair to say that just the act of roleplaying is what I enjoy even. But it's hard to say and to be able to do so would probably require testing or something and I really, really hate needles. So yeah, look like you just have my word for it.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race would probably be the Blood Elves. They are incredibly narcissistic and have wit drier than mine, what more could you reasonably ask for really? On top of that they have a few interesting traits, some well developed if broody associated lore, and an obvious weakness which happens to be something that I really enjoy. As far as class is concerned I really enjoy Druids, if only because shapeshifting is just too cool. In all fairness it's probably the aspect of freedom that Druids basically embody that really appeals to me, but eh' I'm not feeling too metaphorical at the moment so let's leave it at that.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Again, not really a section that I feel will need a particularly in depth response, mostly because my expectations are very simple. All I really want to get out of this is the opportunity to roleplay freely, a community that cultures this behavior, and maybe even a few friends if I have no other choice in the matter.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Tolerance I've played a lot of games over the years, and I've run through WoW more than enough times. So believe me when I say that I know exactly how much of a negative impact intolerance can have on a community or more specifically a single person. You don't have to be super nice to everyone you meet, but no matter the circumstances no one will ever be justified in attacking someone for their beliefs or what-have-you.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Stars were stars; balls of light who's only purpose was shed unneeded light upon the darkened face of Stormwind. A dark figure sat upon an outcropping of rock situated two dozen feet above the streets that now seemed deserted, their face obscured by a hood and their body covered in hard black leather. A touch of annoyance reached their pale blue eyes as a single gloved finger ran over a cut that bit through their mask and into their cheek. It had been a lucky shot- No. It had been downright outrageous that such a thing could happen in the first place. A guard had just so happened to stumble across the leather clad figure as it crept along the battlements, despite the patrol paths having stated that the area in question would be clear. They'd had a gun at twenty feet, and in the time it took the Rogue to get to them they were already firing off a shot. That graze was going to scar, that was fairly certain. But still, the guard got worse by far, and at least the shot hadn't alarmed any more enemies, so things could have gone even less pleasantly had the occasion allowed it.

Those pale blue eyes focused in on the street below, where a young mage was coming through the overpass below. Pitching their body forward slightly, the rogue began to drop, sliding along the vertical wall to slow their surface before kicking off and falling upon the unsuspecting prey. There was a slight movement as the mage took notice of the sounds of daggers being slid from oiled leather sheaths, and their reaction time happened to be just good enough. The mage disappeared from sight, lunging forward a dozen feet through space and turning to face their attacker only in time to see a barrage of thrown knives streaking through the air at them. A blast of wind knocked the knives aside, though the rogue was right behind them. Fire poured from the mage's hands as they prepared to launch their own offensive, but they were a moment to slow and the pair of daggers hit home, digging themselves into the magic user's wholly unprotected belly. They stumbled backwards and fell into a sitting position, their wide-brimmed hat falling aside from the jarring impact.

A cascade of golden hair spilled over the mages shoulders as a soft whimper escaped their barely parted lips, though a much more forceful sound pulled itself free from the Rogue's throat. Surprise was quickly replaced with despair as they darted forward and dropped to look over the mage, a girl who had been as a sister to the man two or so dozen years earlier. She didn't accept her apology, she couldn't speak at all. But the sounds had been heard and the rogue had to flee, even though he knew they would never meet again. He had been betrayed. By who? It didn't matter, he would track all of them down. After all, the stars were still up in the sky, and they were casting only just enough light for the Rogue to hunt by.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Okay I don't know if I'm doing everything right or if I'm doing nothing right or whatever. But the point here is that it's like five in the morning and I haven't slept in the better part of two and some odd days. I can't bring myself to comb over this introduction to be honest, I'm just too tired. And if I wait to post this I'll just procrastinate and never get it turned in at all. If I get a chance to look over it some time after I wake up or what have you then yeah I'll probably be willing to do some editing or whatever, but until then this is really the best I can do.
Howdy, Kratoury, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! I should have denied you for false advertising ;) -- I opened this thread expecting to see the blandest of the bland but I did not! Thank you for such a pleasant surprise. Thank you for your story and in-depth answers. :)

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

I suggest taking a gander at our rules, policiesand these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!