Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction - Krisalis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, my name is Andrew and I'm from Argentina. I like reading and gaming (obviously). I got WC III and WC:FT about six years ago from my stepfather. I loved the storyline and when they released WoW I was really excited. At first I'd just quest and kill stuff, but a friend in-game introduced me to roleplaying. I spent all my time doing it, but since it was a PvP server you couldn't RP too much. Afterwards the server was cancelled and I lost contact with my RPing friend. For several years I didn't play WoW but then Wrath was released and another friend of mine started a server. I played for a month or two until I decided I was bored of the game. Then I searched through the "Who's online" list and found my friend from the other server. He said he was going to abandon the server, too, but we stayed in touch by facebook. Around the time Cataclysm went live he PMed me saying he would try the expansion and asked me to do so too. I did for a few months but then grew bored and abandoned it again. Lately, by reading WoWWiki (I love the lore) I found there was something called RP Servers, and tried my luck on a few of those. I particularly didn't like the insta-superlevel-and-weapons ones, since nobody RPed at all. Then I found this server and I thought I liked how it seemed, so why not apply?

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born in Venezuela, but my family moved to Argentina when I was about two years old, so I was practically raised there. I speak Spanish primarily but I like to think I'm good at English. I'd appreciate any corrections though. I'm also learning French and Latin.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My stepfather gave me Warcraft: Reign of Chaos and I liked the storyline and lore, so I got into WoW and roleplayed with a friend, but the server closed down so I lost contact with him and switched to another server, in which I grew bored of WoW for a year or two. Then a friend made a server with WoW:LK and I joined, but got bored again and was about to abandon the server when I found my friend in the 'online' list. We interchanged Facebooks and when Cataclysm came out he asked me to try it out. Around that time I figured there was such a thing as RPing Servers and I looked up some. I hated the insta-80-superweapons so I was about to leave it be and abandon my search when I came across this one. I liked how it seemed, so here I am, applying.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I googled RP servers and after finding the insta-80s stupidity I added "serious" to the search. This one has an applying process and everything, so here I am.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Mostly anything. Inter-faction roleplaying (Horde & Alliance) is one of my favourites, though.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Blood elf. I love their story and the lore behind them, especially the whole magic addiction thing. Also, they're sexy. As for class, though, I don't have any particular preferences. I suppose I'll probably do a mage or paladin, but really, it could be anything.

What are your expectations of this server?:
No insta-80 stupidity and actual RPing. That's all I need.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?
The "Respect" rule. Respect is necessary for anything involving other people, and especially roleplaying. I saw many great RPs get ruined because a higher level guy came and killed everyone.
Quote: Be respectful. At all times. This is not optional. Show respect to your fellow players, regardless of their faction or affiliation. We are all playing this game to enjoy it, and being rude or disrespectful to another player does not enhance anyone's enjoyment. If it enhances your own enjoyment, you undoubtedly do not belong on this server. Being respectful is easy enough if you think about it. Even players that you dislike or seem unable to get along with can be treated with respect. When all else fails, the IGNORE filter is in place for a reason. Respect GM requests and decisions, and treat them as final. Do not argue over kicks, suspensions, or bans unless you HONESTLY feel it was a case of mistaken identity. In that case, you may contact Grakor and make your case. If it is determined that it was not a case of mistaken identity, then do not argue further. If you are not the person who was suspended, do not appeal kicks, suspensions, or bans. This is the business of the kicked/suspended/banned player ONLY. If you insist on speaking on the behalf of someone else, you will be suspended. Don't do it. Also, if you were banned, and you come back, you will be banned AGAIN. Don't look so shocked. Defiance of GMs also lies under this rule. If a GM tells you to do something, DO IT. Even if you don't agree with it. If you have a concern, bring it up with Grakor via PM.
I also think Tolerance is important.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Kaelia crouched, hiding behind a tree. The auburn-haired blood elf breathed slowly and silently. She heard the soft crunching of the autumn leaves inside the clearing. Faint whispers told her whoever Magister Sunfire had been expecting was already there when she arrived. Fortunately, she was a rogue, so she cloaked herself and peeked over the side. A long red scarlet cape prevented her from determining who the magister was with. She waited for a bit, until Sunfire moved, and then she peeked again. Kaelia had to contain a scream of horror. Here, in the middle of the Eversong forest, a night elf stood, and what was worse, she was affectionately kissing the magister! She paused and took a deep breath. 'Maybe she is blackmailing him? Surely Anesson Sunfire would never let a night elf touch him, let alone kissing, if the future of the Sin'dorei wasn't in danger!' she thought, grimacing. She had to save him from the evil elf. If she could do so, he'd probably throw himself at her and they'd marry and live happily ever after. She smiled, daydreaming. A gust of wind hit her in the face and brought her back to reality. She carefully unsheathed her daggers and moved towards the kal'dorei. Maybe twenty steps separated her from them. 'Focus, Kaelia. One step at a time, then a quick strike, and everything shall be good'. She moved closer. They were whispering in Darnassian, and, although she couldn't understand too much, Thalassian was not too different.
"Of course, my moon. I'll be there, always." Anesson said, stroking the night elf's cheek. Kaelia had to contain a pang of jealousy and anger. She reminded herself that the woman was blackmailing him. 'Come on. Just fifteen steps'.
The night elf said something which sounded a lot like "I love you, Anesson". Kaelia again felt anger take her. 'She is torturing him, don't let it get to you. Ten steps, keep moving.' she thought, advancing.
"I love you, too..." the magister said, kissing her on the forehead. 'Five steps, focus!'
"Will you come to visit me in Darkshore soon?" she said, closing her eyes and patting his back.
Three steps.
"Of course, love. They'll send me to Splintertree soon, and once I'm there I'll be sure to visit you as often as I can." He backed a bit, and smiled cheerfully.
'One step, and then you can stab the blasted kal'dorei...'
The night elf smiled back and opened her mouth to say something, when the rogue uncloaked and sliced her neck. She fell to the floor, and blood was splashed everywhere. The scarlet liquid stained Kaelia's boots, but she paid it no heed as she turned back and said "There, you're saved, you don't need to lie to her anymore, she's dead, and now we can get mar-"
The magister looked at her, and the fury in his eyes told her something was amiss. She turned her back to run, but a fireball hit her in the head, and, as the world faded to black, she saw Anesson's eyes were filled with tears, and he fell over to his knees, weeping.
Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well, thanks for reading and I hope you like the story.
Hey there, Krisalis. You'll be pleased to know that your introduction has been approved. I'm Sol, one of the Forum Helpers here, and I'm glad to be welcoming you to CotH on behalf of the staff and the community here. Good to have you!

Doubtlessly, you'll be pleased to know that there is no shortage of blood elven roleplay here on CotH, and that interaction between the factions is facilitated by a modification Kretol made ages back to allow everyone to understand both Common and Orcish. I sincerely hope you'll find the standard of RP you're looking for here on CotH, although from my own experience, I have a feeling you will. (Your story was intriguing, too!)

You've already had a look at our rules, evidently, but I suggest you doublecheck it if you're uncertain about anything. Our policies and frequently asked questions should also prove enlightening, and a glance through character profiles on the same wiki might help you in constructing your own when the time comes. I'd also suggest you kept a clear eye on forum posts by our GMs and Administrators to keep track of server policy. :)

Drop me a line in-game (character list is spoilered in my sig) or on the forums if you've got any other questions and I'll be happy to help you, as will any of my fellow FHs or anyone on the staff. If you ever need a GM, remember that the .gm ingame command might prove useful, and keep an eye out for any Open Offices in our OOC zone if you have any concerns.

In the meantime, get out there and RP! I look forward to seeing you in-game. Good hunting!