Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Wassup? - Ikota's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hi, my name is Ben and I'm 18 years old. I've been playing WoW for about 6 years (although I quit several times, only to come back months later). I am normally a very relaxed player, and spend most of my time leveling alts, or professions.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I live in the United States, more specifically Tennessee. My primary language is English, and I know a tiny bit of Spanish/Navajo (and by tiny I mean, literally enough to say "Hi", and maybe a bit more).

How did you get into Warcraft?:

My cousins were the first people to introduce me to Warcraft, and I started playing more with people from my school. I played mainly on PVP servers, and had always heard bad things about the RP servers from various people, but I eventually decided to try it out and had been doing it ever since. Now with most of my friends no longer playing WoW, I decided just to take a break from regular WoW, and try out Private Servers.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I really found you guys by simply Google searching "WoW RP Private Servers". I liked the title because it had Horde in it, and I had always played Horde. I also really liked the fact you guys have an introduction/approval process, it makes me feel like the players on the server take their roleplaying seriously.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I really enjoy all types of roleplay, but I mainly enjoy tavern RP and camping/wilderness RP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race is the Tauren. It might be the fact I'm half Native American, but I really like the peacefulness of the Tauren. They remind me most of myself, just trying to make their way in the world with as little trouble as possible, but they will fight back if provoked.
My favorite class has to be the Hunter. I have always liked animals and the outdoors, and hunters seem to bring together those things, but without the spiritualness of the druids. I have always felt the hunters are the most self-reliant class, just going out into the wilderness with their pet, without the aid of magic.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I have heard good things about this server from other people, and after going over the site, my expectations are high.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I like all the rules, but my favorite rule is the rule on Humility. I always get annoyed by players who come in and take over the RP by either starting fights with everybody, or just being attention hogs.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

It has been three days since the attack. Young Ahiga Plainswalker wanders through the forest, looking for any sort of shelter from the rain. He has been walking nearly nonstop, stopping only to sleep and eat what little food he has. The only thoughts going through his head were thoughts of damning those who stole his family from him.

As Ahiga surveyed the small clearing he found himself in, he heard a sound behind. It sounded like footsteps. Ahiga stood ready to accept his fate, and join his family. He tensed up at the feeling of fur on his leg, and looked down to see a small animal at his hooves.

There stood a small, emaciated, saber cub, looking up at Ahiga with a look of happiness and wonder. Ahiga sighed a sigh of relief and leaned down to pet the small cub. "Where is the rest of your pack, small one?" Ahiga asked the creature. The cub looked around, and returned his gaze to Ahiga. Ahiga could tell the cub was alone in this world, just like him. He stood up, and took a chunk of beef jerky from his pack and gave it to the cub. "You can come with me if you'd like." He said as he watched the cat chew on the jerky.

Although Ahiga's world as he knew had ended a couple of days ago with the loss of his family, he knew a new one was beginning.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I can't think of anything else that I can add, but I'm looking forward to meeting the awesome people here!
Hullo, Ikota! I'm Sol, one of the Forum Helpers here on CotH, and I'm just popping my head in to let you know that your introduction has beenapproved! Congratulations and welcome aboard!

Ah, Google, that endless font of wisdom! You say that you've heard good things about the server from others, so I imagine you already have a foot into the community through your friends, but I'm sure you'll fit in very nicely regardless. It's nice to see another tauren player stop by, too, given that they're a fairly underpopulated race on this server. You might just have given me incentive to play mine some more. :P

Now, I would suggest double-checking our Rules and Policies if you're uncertain about anything, and if you need help creating a character, we have a guide on the wiki, as well as a bunch of profiles you might want to take a gander at to help in constructing your own.

Any concerns? Our staff of Forum Helpers, Game Masters and Administrators (in ascending order of awesome) will be more than happy to help, so just drop any of us a PM on the forums or a whisper in-game if you need anything. If you ever need to find a GM, remember that the .gm ingame command might prove useful, and keep an eye out for any Open Offices in our OOC zone if you've any questions to ask one.

Now get out there and roleplay the hell out of everything. DO IT. DO IT NOW.